Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Abortion : Current situation - Opinions - Debate

Postby Raw Output » 18 Aug 2011, 20:36

Darycka: Condoms can break, the contraceptive pill is a trustworthy drug, but not 100% save, as for forgetting to take it once or as for throwing up or having diarrhea. And even if you take care as for those questions, it still can go wrong.

Raw Output (25)
Producer

Postby SCH » 18 Aug 2011, 23:29

I've already given my 2 cents in the actual abortion debate so here goes:

Lop-Sided:
SCH:Humans are creatures with a sexuality, why deny them that?

I'm not denying that to anybody...I just think that people should wait a little...make it more special when they get married...Most of you guys here probably see it as the stupidest thing you've ever heard...I don't blame you for it...But in my opinion, sex would be more special if people only had it with the person that they truly love (your future spouse) and not someone who you think you love. (i.e. girlfriend/boyfriend)..

Look here Einstein, that special thing that you speak of is going to get you heartbroken a million times before you get the hold of a girl who actually feels the same. Why? Because of the sexuality we have, are we going to have sex with each other, simply because every god damn cell in our brain says things like "OH MY HOLY FUCKING GOD LOOK AT THAT ASS!!!1111oneteneleven" (From a straight male perpective, that is). Don't you also need to go through a phase of having a girlfriend/boyfriend before you propose to him/her as well?

My final point is my most shallow one and that is that if you meet someone that have the same though, it is most likely going to be a pretty unattractive person and it will probably be in your mid-ages. Why? Because
everybody else have already listened to their sexuality and had several relationships in their lives learning what they search for in a person.
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Lop-Sided » 19 Aug 2011, 10:40

SCH:I've already given my 2 cents in the actual abortion debate so here goes:

Lop-Sided:
SCH:Humans are creatures with a sexuality, why deny them that?

I'm not denying that to anybody...I just think that people should wait a little...make it more special when they get married...Most of you guys here probably see it as the stupidest thing you've ever heard...I don't blame you for it...But in my opinion, sex would be more special if people only had it with the person that they truly love (your future spouse) and not someone who you think you love. (i.e. girlfriend/boyfriend)..

Look here Einstein, that special thing that you speak of is going to get you heartbroken a million times before you get the hold of a girl who actually feels the same. Why? Because of the sexuality we have, are we going to have sex with each other, simply because every god damn cell in our brain says things like "OH MY HOLY FUCKING GOD LOOK AT THAT ASS!!!1111oneteneleven" (From a straight male perpective, that is). Don't you also need to go through a phase of having a girlfriend/boyfriend before you propose to him/her as well?

You're putting words into my mouth, SCH.

I didn't say that people shouldn't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, and I also didn't say that sexuality was something that we should deny or that it was a bad thing to have. Of course, people are going to propose to their girlfriend/boyfriend and get married to him or her, and of course it is completely normal to say things like "oh look at her. She's so f*cking hot." What I have been trying to say, however, is that I will wait until marriage before having sex. It's merely a personal preference, which you don't seem to understand...

SCH:My final point is my most shallow one and that is that if you meet someone that have the same though, it is most likely going to be a pretty unattractive person and it will probably be in your mid-ages. Why? Because everybody else have already listened to their sexuality and had several relationships in their lives learning what they search for in a person.

You had to make me feel like sh*t here, didn't you? :(

It honestly feels like you are right and that I'll be all alone for the rest of my life. However, I have eventually realized that I am not actually the only one who believes in saving sex for marriage. I have many types of friends who have many different opinions about this, and I've talked about this with some of them in the past. While some of them will let sex happen if it feels like the right time to do it, I know for a fact that some of my other friends, including some nice-looking girls, have the intention to save their first sex for marriage. (I can even name a list of those friends of both genders who are planning to save sex until marriage.

Just so you know...when I do get married, which will probably be very soon after I completely finish with school, I will be having a lot of sex with my wife to make up for the time that I was waiting to have it. :+
Trance producer/Radio Show Host at 90.3FM KDVS
Check out my tuneessssss, broooooo!! http://www.soundcloud.com/sashavanlaur
Lop-Sided
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 19 Aug 2011, 17:24

Lop-Sided:
You bring up some good points, Ceero. :)

Imo, just because those freaking bunch of cells are only a few weeks old, doesn't make it mean that they are only a freaking bunch of cells. This is where my opinion of "life starts at conception" comes in...

I do agree with you that a sperm cell or an egg cell has life no matter whether they are united or not, but there is a difference between sperm or eggs that have not actually united and sperm and egg cells that have united together. You are right that as cells, sperm and egg are always alive. Sperm cells on the bedsheet aren't murdered, because they can't actually live on their own. While you could say that it is in fact alive, which it is, it's only a building block for creating a living organism. The same goes for eggs that are released during menstruation. These building blocks, sperm and egg, do not grow if they are by themselves, and therefore aren't considered to be living organisms...They are merely cells with DNA. However, when sperm and egg are in fact united together, they begin to grow, by the process of meiosis, which can gain more energy (ATP) to grow from the air that a human breathes, the food that a person eats, the shelter that it is provided, etc.

Another thing, there is a difference between natural abortion that must happen to make the mother survive, and abortion that is performed by humans simply because they feel like it. Natural abortion (miscarriages fall into this category too) is completely normal and okay because the embryo is lacking at least one critical aspect that will enable it grow correctly. As a result to this dillemna, which could in fact affect the mother negatively, the body aborts the baby to enable the mother to survive. Abortion that humans perform either forces that natural abortion to artificially take place, or simply takes the life away in other ways.

And if you read the response before this one, you'll see that I am not in fact joking about the "no sex before marriage" thing. Who knows though, maybe a few years from now I'll try it and find out that I was crazy for thinking the way that I do now. :+

Well, both of us are right.
On one hand it is just a bunch of cells and on the other hand it may become a fully living person one day. Whether it' s okay to abort it depends solely on your ideological position. In my opinion it's no crime to abort it, because it's just something that doesn't have it's nervous system developed, doesn't feel, doesn't know it exists, does nothing except just is, untill nervous system gets developed after a few months. Than i agree it's not right to abort and afaik it's not even legally allowed. You think that it's wrong because it' s a living thing and well, i understand you. But it's not a fully worthy human being, so what you kill is just a few cells unable to exist on their own. For me it has the same value as killing a fly or a spider, not saying that human and spiders are equally valuable (but yeah, this would be for much longer philosophical debate :P ) but embryo a few weeks old is NOT a human being, so "killing it", how you would probably call it, isn't the same as killing a born human being (here i have to say i don't know that good your standpoint about this issue and how would you compare these two acts, but there are a lot of anti-abortionists who say abortion equals murder and i absolutely do not agree with that).

As an utilitarist, i look at this issue like this.
- What pain, physical or psychical suffer has the embryo to undergo ? None as long as it hasn' t got it' s nervous system. What will happen if you abort it ? Nothing, except you cancel the oportunity for having a kid. But you kinda are canceling the oportunity to have kid all the time, when using the condom, with coitus interruptus, when refusing to have sex with your partner because of headache etc etc. On the other hand when the kid is unwanted and there is no option for mother, the kid may end up somewhere in orphanage or in some dirty suburban flat between other 6 siblings without getting enough love.
- what pain has the mother to undergo ? If not aborting when she wants to, she may get into a deep psychical problems, because she is not ready to have a kid, she most likely will loose any oportunity to study and enjoy life if she is young, parrents may abandon her, she has to suffer a lot during the birth, she may get into strong financial crysis - because having a kid is not the cheapest thing on earth in our society (well, except if you are a member of some poor uneducated minority, but don't want to go here) and i could go on and on. Sure the mother may suffer even more psychical trauma after the abortion than she would if not doing so, but it's her decision and that's what matters the most. She is responsible for herself and she has to know whats the best for her. If she fails the decision, it was her decision and not someone else's.
So why to not to favour no pain for the embryo and (probably) less pain for the mother, or at least own choice for the mother instead of for the embryo and a lot of pain and no option for the mother ?

^apply all this to cases when the kid is a honest accident, not when the girl is on the abortion for 4th time and she mistakes the abortion surgeon for condom, because that happens a lot too and such cases in my opinion do not deserve to have the choice.

Oh and to you opinions about sex, well this is absolutely not how world and humans work and they never will work like that either. Sexuality is natural and opressing because of cultural/ideological reasons it only causes subconscious frustration.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Raw Output » 19 Aug 2011, 17:34

ceero:
^apply all this to cases when the kid is a honest accident, not when the girl is on the abortion for 4th time and she mistakes the abortion surgeon for condom, because that happens a lot too and such cases in my opinion do not deserve to have the choice.

K im a bit drunk and didnt read the whole post but, are you implying that she then should have the kid as punishment? Would suck to be that kid then.
Raw Output (25)
Producer

Postby ceero » 19 Aug 2011, 17:44

Nah, not implying that. But abortion is a serious thing and imo it' s wront to consider it as something what is always there for you if something bad happens and not be carefull enough because of it. Not saying that having the kid should be the punishment, but some consequences should be drawn from the situation like that.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles