Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Other EDM release facts and gossips topic

All other music besides Hardstyle & Hardcore

Postby VOL-E » 12 Apr 2016, 15:03

Vicious:
VOL-E:Any info about new Avicii album? Or its just rumours?

He announced his retirement like a week ago dude..

But all those ID's what he played, wont be released? Don't think so...
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby Malgranda » 12 Apr 2016, 15:22

Vicious:

Isn't he only retiring from dj'ing / touring?
Malgranda (20)
Global Mod

Postby Tritta » 12 Apr 2016, 15:22

Malgranda:
Vicious:

Isn't he only retiring from dj'ing / touring?

Yep, only from DJing
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby Malgranda » 12 Apr 2016, 15:28

Also some of that 'transitions' (which are basically non-existent) in Carnage's Miami set are just cringe-worthy :\
Malgranda (20)
Global Mod

Postby Emre » 12 Apr 2016, 15:29

Malgranda:Also some of that 'transitions' (which are basically non-existent) in Carnage's Miami set are just cringe-worthy :\

Agree lol. Tho a lot of the big names don't mix that good. They're more like producers on stage. :\
Defending the Euphoric since 2009
Emre (22)
State Retired Person

Postby Tritta » 12 Apr 2016, 16:04

If u mean the way he suddenly cuts a track to another drop, that's the way I do some transitions too, so I can put at least 30 tracks (and even more) in an hour
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 12 Apr 2016, 16:07

Thats not djing, thats pushing play/stop.
Reef in a sail at the edge of the world, If eternity should fail.
Waiting in line for the ending of time, If eternity should fail.
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Tritta » 12 Apr 2016, 16:20

ceero:Thats not djing, thats pushing play/stop.

Call it what u want but it's still the best way to mix Trap and Mainstream EDM (imo). I actually dislike long transitions like in Techno or Early Hardstyle but I know there are some purists here, so I guess it's a matter of taste. That's why I enjoy way more a Jack Ü kind of set than your average Hardstyle set (no offence to Hardstyle, don't misinterpret) :P
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby Malgranda » 12 Apr 2016, 16:36

Might work for some tracks but not when you kinda try to mash-up multiple tracks like Carnage did in his set, it just completely destroys the flow in my opinion.
Malgranda (20)
Global Mod

Postby VOL-E » 12 Apr 2016, 16:54

This kinda style of mixing is okay for dnb, not sure about other styles, but for sure you can check some old Noisia sets perhaps, they always make mash-ups with 2 or 3 tracks, sounds awesome!
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby John Cove » 12 Apr 2016, 17:31

I totally dislike the sets from Snake/Dillon Francis/Skrillex & co. It's just a big mess of genres, each track played for 30 seconds. No flow.
John Cove (29)
State Legend

Postby Tritta » 12 Apr 2016, 17:44

John Cove:I totally dislike the sets from Snake/Dillon Francis/Skrillex & co. It's just a big mess of genres, each track played for 30 seconds. No flow.

These are the ones I prefer haha, I love when you go from House to Moombahton/Twerk to Trap to Dubstep to DNB...
And of course a tracklist of 50 tracks an hour :P

And that's the way I play too. And people go apeshit haha :D

But of course I think you shouldn't only have this kind of sets in a party, like one or two.
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 12 Apr 2016, 17:46

Tritta:

Call it what u want but it's still the best way to mix Trap and Mainstream EDM (imo). I actually dislike long transitions like in Techno or Early Hardstyle but I know there are some purists here, so I guess it's a matter of taste. That's why I enjoy way more a Jack Ü kind of set than your average Hardstyle set (no offence to Hardstyle, don't misinterpret) :P

Well ofc you can enjoy it but there is as much art to that kind of djing as to put together a youtube playlist, my mom could do that kind of djing really. Listen to some Ruthless, Eddie Halliwell, Richie Hawtin or Seth Troxler mix, honestly i have even more joy from listening to their mixing skills than listening to the music itself, there is nothing like a dj who can put a proper mix together and show some skills. Djing is an art just like playing a guitar but with tools like Carnage are completely dehonesting it. No wonder that pretty much every music scene outside dance music laughs at djs and dont consider them actual musicians.
Reef in a sail at the edge of the world, If eternity should fail.
Waiting in line for the ending of time, If eternity should fail.
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Tritta » 12 Apr 2016, 17:51

ceero:
Tritta:

Well ofc you can enjoy it but there is as much art to that kind of djing as to put together a youtube playlist, my mom could do that kind of djing really. Listen to some Ruthless, Eddie Halliwell, Richie Hawtin or Seth Troxler mix, honestly i have even more joy from listening to their mixing skills than listening to the music itself, there is nothing like a dj who can put a proper mix together and show some skills. Djing is an art just like playing a guitar but with tools like Carnage are completely dehonesting it. No wonder that pretty much every music scene outside dance music laughs at djs and dont consider them actual musicians.

I do agree though, there are not much popular DJs I would actually call great DJs (Laidback Luke, MAKJ and TJR are pretty great popular DJs imo) but I focus more on the tracklisting and the hype they make than the actual skills. But ur post is completely right, gotta admit.
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby dolanpls » 12 Apr 2016, 20:54

I fucking love kutskis work. 100 tracks in an hour is mad, and he pulls that off with ease
dolanpls (22)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles