Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

What annoys you in the hardstylescene\non-hardstylescene?

Postby NEKA » 02 Aug 2017, 00:19

xelnadu:the thing that annoys me the most is pitch-up and down notes on a melody. If you do it properly and discrete, you get a nice sound, but if u abuse it, you get a really odd-amateur sound.

I guess you mean the glide/portamento in the lead synth. Sometimes it sounds fantastic (in this one it does) but yes, the original doesn't have any glide in the melody. It works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.
NEKA (23)
Producer

Postby Emre » 02 Aug 2017, 00:21

That's called harmony, it wouldn't sound right without although a lot of people think this sucks..it's needed for the flow of the melody - same reason for high pitchkicks. They do belong there, otherwise it won't sound right. Ofc talking about euphoric now, I think raw with pitchkicks to mars sounds off. (the ping pong example). If the melody goes up a note, so does the kick.
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby bassfaceBAM » 02 Aug 2017, 00:30

I miss intros and outros so much.its not hardstyle as such but was listening to Yoji Biomehanika Tales From The Big Room and such a masterpiece of an album. The intros and outros are just class on all of the tracks and especially A Theme From Banging Globe Anthem or even better the build up to the Set you Free combined mix if Hard House Raver. I think a set does not need to have 25 tracks in an hour to make it diverse or more importantly actually good. A set just needs to have quality music and mixed well and some of the best sets out there only have 13-17 tracks. I think that is what annoys me about Angerfist as so many of sets are just 40 odd tracks in a mixtape style manner which while has its own merits I would also like to hear him play out his talks in full since Angerfist does have some amazing intros and outros
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby bassfaceBAM » 02 Aug 2017, 00:33

As for melodies that go up a note so too does the kicks thing, I am not too fond of that it's OK but some tracks more than other really emphasise this and it's those ones that grate on me a bit. I the majority of Euphoric leans more to that and thats why I am a bit fussy over euphoric cos not all producers do it right
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby Doctor Dave » 02 Aug 2017, 11:43

Remember when Activator or Zatox etc would have 2-3 mindintros in one track? :+

Also just want to say I absolutely love the extreme-high pitched pingpong kicks, really happy that Da Tweekaz still manage to sneak 1 or 2 into their tracks :)
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Soundphase » 07 Aug 2017, 14:01

I just wish people weren't such kick nazis nowadays. Why did hardstyle land become the land of audiophiles? the kick has to be ultra fresh/needs to be super compressed/needs less mud.. give me a break

Geck-o is one of the few who doesn't give a shit about trends and just does what he wants, and I really respect him for that _O_
Soundphase (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 07 Aug 2017, 17:47

Soundphase:I just wish people weren't such kick nazis nowadays. Why did hardstyle land become the land of audiophiles? the kick has to be ultra fresh/needs to be super compressed/needs less mud.. give me a break

Geck-o is one of the few who doesn't give a shit about trends and just does what he wants, and I really respect him for that _O_

Geck-O's kicks are really fresh, not muddy at all and sometimes also super compressed :+

Well this is all because the kicks really define the style. Its the focus of every track, so a kick has to be good for a track to be good. easy as that.
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby Soundphase » 07 Aug 2017, 18:22

Neko:Geck-O's kicks are really fresh, not muddy at all and sometimes also super compressed :+

Well this is all because the kicks really define the style. Its the focus of every track, so a kick has to be good for a track to be good. easy as that.

well I was more talking about the trends, he is usually doing his own thing which is unique most of the time. I heard some newer hardstyle tracks where the punch sounded so short and characterless because they squash the kick way too intensely with a compressor, sounds as if many people nowadays are using a very high compression ratio which is just too much.
Soundphase (27)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles