Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

What annoys you in the hardstylescene\non-hardstylescene?

Postby ceero » 31 Jul 2017, 02:53

VOL-E:You know what? After listening to Spirit Of Hardstyle for a couple of times I must say I really miss banging mid-intros, in this track its just perfect, so lots of energy! And after that I listened to DBSTF - Loopmachine, its amazing, since like 75% of the track is one big mid-intro, and still there is a place for great climax part! I so wish producers would start making tracks like these again... Maybe thata why I hate singalong tracks or nowadays euproric, they have those long breaks for ~2 minutes and like whole track is 3:30~3:45. Damn..

This so much. I love the current way hardstyle is taking but the general lack of intros and tracks getting shorter and shorter is just pissing me off. Seriously, why the hell is 3:40 a current standard for an extended mix length?? Many tubes just feel unfinished, lazy, not living up to their potential. Just imagine the Angels and Demons tune with some kickass classic DBSTF midintro. Brennan's Acid Nightmarr mix, feels like the tracks cuts off in the middle of the tune. On the other hand the latest TNT, sounds like a good midintro but there is nothing more than that to the tune? Ffs stop being lazy and make some proper tunes please

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Reverse Ghost » 31 Jul 2017, 04:38

VOL-E:You know what? After listening to Spirit Of Hardstyle for a couple of times I must say I really miss banging mid-intros, in this track its just perfect, so lots of energy! And after that I listened to DBSTF - Loopmachine, its amazing, since like 75% of the track is one big mid-intro, and still there is a place for great climax part! I so wish producers would start making tracks like these again... Maybe thata why I hate singalong tracks or nowadays euproric, they have those long breaks for ~2 minutes and like whole track is 3:30~3:45. Damn..

I feel this 100%. Tracks with a melodic break longer than actual climax should be saved for certain times, not entire sets full of them.
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby The Blaster » 01 Aug 2017, 00:28

Emre:
The Blaster:
RPGWiZaRD:
U know, this is like the only good thing about it, that is the only sentence they have in their arsenal against the haters. :+

what is zyzz btw?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zyzz

a model and bodybuilder?
so people use this music just to go to gym?
The Blaster
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 01 Aug 2017, 00:30

Afaik Zyzz used to like hardstyle (went to DQ AUS if I remember correctly) and they view him as some god. Think they got into some hardstyle too as a result of that :)
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby RPGWiZaRD » 01 Aug 2017, 01:39

ceero:

This so much. I love the current way hardstyle is taking but the general lack of intros and tracks getting shorter and shorter is just pissing me off. Seriously, why the hell is 3:40 a current standard for an extended mix length?? Many tubes just feel unfinished, lazy, not living up to their potential. Just imagine the Angels and Demons tune with some kickass classic DBSTF midintro. Brennan's Acid Nightmarr mix, feels like the tracks cuts off in the middle of the tune. On the other hand the latest TNT, sounds like a good midintro but there is nothing more than that to the tune? Ffs stop being lazy and make some proper tunes please

This, so many times this! Intros and outros in large number of cases has become too much of an afterthought just simply because they feel it's too important for the integrity of hardstyle instead of actually putting an EFFORT into them like more often was the case some years ago. I dislike how noticeable this has gotten in many tracks, the intros/outros are like a, yea let's throw a quick intro/outro into this track so I can call it finished! :facepalm: But on top of that, without an intro you can't have a climax, an intro is supposed to make you "appriciate" the climax, hardstyle isn't pop where you instantly are served the "feel good" emotions, you shall be feed and feed and let the climax (or anticlimax) part become like a burst of a feel that the other parts help build up. It's one of the reasons I first felt Hardstyle was such a fresh thing to listen to.
RPGWiZaRD (30)
State Celebrity

Postby nerz » 01 Aug 2017, 10:03

i agree with you guys 100%. i think a decent intro is just as important as the climax itself. there are a lot of great examples out there, but i quite like the old toneshifterz stuff (sahara, nightscape, electro shock, etc). awesome intros with lots of drive _O_
nerz (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 01 Aug 2017, 14:24

I think the whole story regarding tracks having no midintros anymore originates from a switch in style djs are building up their sets. You barely see djs anymore who let a track play more than 3 minutes or so.
If you now got a bunch of tracks with midintros you wanna almost always mix out the track after the midintro already if you stick to the unspoken rule of mixing quick. Therefore the tracks get shorter. Djs wanna play more tracks in their hour so they are able to have a more diverse set (i dont say they play a more diverse set, but the possibility is there; but some djs really have a more diverse set nowadays with the upcoming of shorter tracks, talking brennan heart, atmozfears and so on).
I'm guilty of producing tracks with no midintro aswell, as it just gives me the opportunity to play two tracks in 5 minutes in my sets without having to skip the mainbreak and climax (where basically the focus of any track lies) of a given track with a midintro.
Thats how i feel and think about that topic.
Refreshing and interesting to see noisecontrollers going back to the roots structure-wise though.
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 01 Aug 2017, 14:25

tbh when i DJ i barely play tracks for more than 1 min - 1 min 30

+ generally i don't really care about the midintro
you ain't shit, i get lit
lilfrenchidiot
State Senior Citizen

Postby D-Jess » 01 Aug 2017, 22:56

The actual mentality's scene in a nutshell ... damnit. :rofl:

Rawphoric is just now the only and pure shit in the actual Hardstyle scene, Euphoric and Raw don't make the weight next.
D-Jess (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 01 Aug 2017, 23:27

Oscar Rawstyle sounds like all those guys called Timothy RawstyleCoreRadical Johnson (Bass Junkie) adding me on FB :rofl:
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby xelnadu » 01 Aug 2017, 23:32

the thing that annoys me the most is pitch-up and down notes on a melody. If you do it properly and discrete, you get a nice sound, but if u abuse it, you get a really odd-amateur sound.

This is the sound i'm talking about:

literally every track in this set has this bull**** sound that annoys me. I hate this set, it puts hardstyle to shame.
xelnadu (26)
State Newcomer

Postby Emre » 01 Aug 2017, 23:36

You mean the kickrolls where it's pitched up, down up down etc? TWANG TWAaANGG TWONG TWANG - I actually fucking love that :+ (at like 7:25/7:26)
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby xelnadu » 01 Aug 2017, 23:50

not the kicks, the melody itself, check 6:51, 9:38, 18:28; 18:31; and mostly 20:40, like wtf is that, it sounds like a broken instrument. Why do people love it? it's like playing with the pitch wheel for a laugh but people actually release these songs. I don't get it.
xelnadu (26)
State Newcomer

Postby Emre » 02 Aug 2017, 00:09

If you mean the melody itself of I'm Blue remix it's actually excactly the same melody as the original, but at 150 bpm. I thought you meant the pingpong kickswitches, which I can get if you think it's weird. Melody itself, purely the melody, is excactly the same as the original, goes up & down the same way, listen to the notes at 1:52 or 2:22:

It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby xelnadu » 02 Aug 2017, 00:12

dude, you don't get my point at all. The melody itself is not 100% the same, it lacks exactly what those guys did in the remix. There is a note that starts with a lower pitch and is pitched up to it's coresponding original pitch. Listen to 20:40 in that video, you will understand.
xelnadu (26)
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles