Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #5: DJ Thera

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Binox » 04 Jan 2012, 20:42

If someone sends you their track, do you work on first impression, or do you listen the whole thing?
And how do you try to help them?
Binox (22)
State Citizen

Postby Brandox » 04 Jan 2012, 21:51

Hey Pieter :)

My question to you is, how do you put so much energy in your Performances ? Damn, everytime i see that i want to go crazy _O_

And second question: Do you plan a collab, or do you want to collab with B-Front ?

Greetz :)
Brandox (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Lop-Sided » 04 Jan 2012, 22:48

I just wanted to say that you do such a great job with your productions, your label, and with hardstyle as a whole. You definitely keep the Hard in hardstyle, and your stuff is simply amazing. :) Keep up the great work!! :D

At the moment, these are my questions:

When you were first starting Theracords, did you expect it to become as successful as it is now, and was it tough to progress the way you did? And on a lesser serious note, was it obvious for you to name your label "Thera"cords?

How do you respond to negative feedback about your tracks or about Theracords in general?

Do you guys master any type of tracks or do you only stick to hardstyle?

Lastly, what advice do you have for upcoming producers/DJs?

I just wanted to thank you again for being one of the best in the hardstyle scene, and for doing such a great job with your music and you label. :)

Greetz!

And @Atomicoz - If this is the last week of the Theracords Q&A, does that mean that there is no Q&A session with Degos & Redone? :'(
Trance producer/Radio Show Host at 90.3FM KDVS
Check out my tuneessssss, broooooo!! http://www.soundcloud.com/sashavanlaur
Lop-Sided
State Celebrity

Postby atomicoz » 04 Jan 2012, 23:38

Lop-Sided:And @Atomicoz - If this is the last week of the Theracords Q&A, does that mean that there is no Q&A session with Degos & Redone? :'(

yep that's right, I didnt set out to do a q&a with everyone on the label, asked 5 that were already members here and was surprised they all agreed :]

Having everyone wouldve been cool but think 8 in a row would make it lose its touch/freshness a bit haha
(thanks for letting me borrow the topic, now lets get back to the good stuff :P)
atomicoz (28)
Founder

Postby Subject Zero » 05 Jan 2012, 02:27

Hmm i think i asked you all the questions i have a few weeks ago Pieter! :P haha. I do have one though, are you going out for a fag? :+ (going for a fag is scottish slang for going for a cigarrette for the people that don't understand haha)

But in all seriousness, do you have a job besides producing, or do you produce & DJ full time? If you do have a job, do you think you will be able to become a full time producer in the future?
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby DjThera » 05 Jan 2012, 09:25

DjVero:Thanks for answering my previous questions :) Another: Is DJ'ing, managing a record label your only occupation atm? Or do you have "regular" work next to your career as well? If so, is it possible for you to live off your career or maybe in the near future? Do you even want that?

Since October 2010 I am officially working full time as Theracords artist/labelboss yeah which is really awesome and it is indeed possible for me to live off my career :dance:
DjThera
Producer+

Postby DjThera » 05 Jan 2012, 09:27

Q-Rater:
DjThera: The mastering work is done by Geck-o and myself, sometimes Wavolizer too though (honourable mention :+ )

Do you or rik have any "formal" training in mastering?

Thanks again (L) (L) (L)

No official degrees no, basically loads and loads of experience
DjThera
Producer+

Postby DjThera » 05 Jan 2012, 09:29

Binox:If someone sends you their track, do you work on first impression, or do you listen the whole thing?
And how do you try to help them?

I tell them to send it to Tim instead because he does all the demo judging :+

But in the past when I was still doing this, I do listen to the whole thing and mostly while listening I type a mail back with feedback, as honest as possible which mostly sounds very harsh
DjThera
Producer+

Postby DjThera » 05 Jan 2012, 09:30

Brandox:Hey Pieter :)

My question to you is, how do you put so much energy in your Performances ? Damn, everytime i see that i want to go crazy _O_

Very easy! I just put on the music and off I go haha. I also go crazy on the dancefloor though if an other dj is playing awesome music

Brandox:And second question: Do you plan a collab, or do you want to collab with B-Front ?

Greetz :)

Nothing planned no, but could of course be very interesting.
DjThera
Producer+

Postby DjThera » 05 Jan 2012, 09:39

Lop-Sided:I just wanted to say that you do such a great job with your productions, your label, and with hardstyle as a whole. You definitely keep the Hard in hardstyle, and your stuff is simply amazing. :) Keep up the great work!! :D

Thanks very much!! Really awesome to hear this!

Lop-Sided:When you were first starting Theracords, did you expect it to become as successful as it is now, and was it tough to progress the way you did? And on a lesser serious note, was it obvious for you to name your label "Thera"cords?

Since I have always had faith in the music we release, I did feel like we should reach quite a big crowd, but I never thought it would grow as fast as it's doing, so thats really epic! It is actually not that tough to progress, we are all doing what we love :)

The name of the label is indeed chosen very obviously and it is short for Thera Records, but for some reason I really dislike it when people call it that, because if it was Thera Records, I would've named it that.

The name is Theracords, you wouldn't believe how many people (and mostly MC's!!!) have trouble with the pronunciation

Lop-Sided:How do you respond to negative feedback about your tracks or about Theracords in general?

Very differently. I understand that someone cannot like every single track we release and I have no trouble at all if we get negative feedback when its well explained, BUT I do dislike it when people just say 'ah Theracords is shit' or 'I dont like the Theracords sound'. Because then they obviously haven't listen to our releases. We release very diverse so there should be at least a few tracks in there that a hardstyle lover would like plus every single artist at Theracords has its own unique sound, so there is no such thing as a Theracords sound.

Lop-Sided:Do you guys master any type of tracks or do you only stick to hardstyle?

You ask, we master!

Lop-Sided:Lastly, what advice do you have for upcoming producers/DJs?

Be honest to yourself, is that track you made really good? Does that mix you made really stand out? Always compare to stuff you like and be as objective as possible and definitely don't send demo's to professional labels when you just get started. First be really happy with your tracks as well.
DjThera
Producer+

Postby DjThera » 05 Jan 2012, 09:41

Stuart:Hmm i think i asked you all the questions i have a few weeks ago Pieter! :P haha. I do have one though, are you going out for a fag? :+

Hahaha! I don't smoke and I'm a ladiesman, sorry to crush those dreams Stuart :+

Stuart:But in all seriousness, do you have a job besides producing, or do you produce & DJ full time? If you do have a job, do you think you will be able to become a full time producer in the future?

I just answered that question :)
DjThera
Producer+

Postby Subject Zero » 05 Jan 2012, 11:43

DjThera:
Brandox:Hey Pieter :)

Very easy! I just put on the music and off I go haha. I also go crazy on the dancefloor though if an other dj is playing awesome music

This is true, i have the video of us going crazy to Destination Nowhere haha :D

Thanks for answering the question, even though it was Vero who asked it before me :)

I'll forgive you for crushing my dreams though :P!
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby Orbi » 05 Jan 2012, 15:07

What are some tracks that you love that people wouldn't expect you to or that you wouldn't play in a Thera set? Do you have a soft spot for a little cheese, maybe?

Also, hard or soft H in Theracords? I've always used a hard h but I sometimes hear those vocals you use in podcasts/videos use a soft h. I must have a definite answer! :+
Orbi
State Native

Postby Maximumraver » 05 Jan 2012, 19:01

Ok I finally have a question! :p

But first I'd like to say, that you are a true hero _O_ With all the awesome & diverse music you make, spin, and release! :D And you're a cool guy too :D So keep up the good work :p

Anyway, my question is, is there for Therabyte or Theracords, an expectation of the number or tracks he or she should make within for example a year when someone is signed to either label, or does the amount not matter so much as long as the tunes are good? just wondering :)
Maximumraver (28)
Producer

Postby MarlboroMan » 06 Jan 2012, 03:33

First of all Thera many many respect to you for building such a great label _O_
I hope you can keep up the good work this year. :)

Do you consider making more vinyls in the near future, maybe again a joint release with another label that still provides the black gold?
MarlboroMan (25)
Global Mod