Theracords Q&A #3: Phrantic

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Deetox » 19 Dec 2011, 20:06

Sirr Alex

When do you come over :+ i need your instructions :dance:
Deetox
Producer

Postby elgrekoz » 19 Dec 2011, 20:22

Sir Alex, havent seen much of collabs from you so, besides rik,with whom you're having great chemistry, with which artist would you like to collab and why?
"It's time to unfold our primitive instincts."
elgrekoz
Producer

Postby Alex149 » 19 Dec 2011, 20:55

Deetox:Sirr Alex

When do you come over :+ i need your instructions :dance:

When flights arent that expensive anymore! :fist:
Alex149
Producer

Postby Alex149 » 19 Dec 2011, 21:04

elgrekoz:Sir Alex, havent seen much of collabs from you so, besides rik,with whom you're having great chemistry, with which artist would you like to collab and why?

Hey Antonis! :D

When i got a certain idea on a track i like to have it my way, and it has shown that its also easier to work like that for me. But i can tell you that there are collabs on the way with other artist from Theracords and Phuture Noize. :) It's hard to answer your question since im focussing on more solo stuff at the moment, but i'd definitely would love to do collabs with some more of the guys from Theracords since each one got his unique style and i think thats very interesting to combine!
Alex149
Producer

Postby D-Verze » 19 Dec 2011, 21:52

What can you tell us about your equipment? :) Are you a hardware or a software man? :)
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby Jonas » 19 Dec 2011, 22:25

Whats the best and whats the worst thing in the hardstyle scene? And why? :)
I like your music, and you're a big inspiration :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (20)
State Hero

Postby RapingPaper » 20 Dec 2011, 01:13

alhurrrx!
what were songs that brought you into hardstyle? also, did you have an idol when you started?
is there a song out there, lets say really scantraxxish/cheesy/whatever, where nobody would expect you to like it, that you also would never play cuz it doesnt fit your "style"? if so, which one?
pat felix and jenny for me, would you? :p
RapingPaper (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Qz » 20 Dec 2011, 12:47

What music styles, other than hardstyle, do you listen to?
Do any of these other styles also inspire you for making hardstyle?
Qz (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Alex149 » 20 Dec 2011, 12:52

Darycka:What can you tell us about your equipment? :) Are you a hardware or a software man? :)

I own a virus TI, but to be honest i dont use it that much as a main instrument, just to phatten up stuff! I prefer software because of the easiness to arrange your ideas as they're in your mind. Also the recording is a bit annoying! :p But with todays quality theres nothing wrong with using VSTIs. Good monitors should be there though.
Alex149
Producer

Postby Alex149 » 20 Dec 2011, 12:58

Hawl:Whats the best and whats the worst thing in the hardstyle scene? And why? :)
I like your music, and you're a big inspiration :)

Hey Hawl, thats awesome to hear! :D

The best thing probably is the "globalisation". Everything spreads through social media and gets more attention by people. That way its also easier for talents and upcoming artists to get discovered and easier for them to promote their stuff. That way hardstyle also gets more recognition, which is a good thing. (As we see in the DJ Mag Top 100)

It's hard for me to say whats worst, because if i found it that bad i probably wouldnt be in that scene anymore! Anyways i find it a bit sad that alot of the classics dont get played that much anymore, especially tracks from the period 2006 - 2008, since those have a bit another feeling to them. But things are getting better and better so its hard to find something bad, maybe you can come up with something i haven't thought of yet? ;)
Alex149
Producer

Postby Alex149 » 20 Dec 2011, 13:11

RapingPaper:alhurrrx!
what were songs that brought you into hardstyle? also, did you have an idol when you started?
is there a song out there, lets say really scantraxxish/cheesy/whatever, where nobody would expect you to like it, that you also would never play cuz it doesnt fit your "style"? if so, which one?
pat felix and jenny for me, would you? :p

Marlenhurr! :D

The first track i've ever heard which was hardstyle was Deepack - The Prophecy, at that time i wasn't into the music that much already though. The first track's that i really liked were D-Block & S-Te-Fan's Keep It Coming and Headhunterz earlier tracks. I also really liked Showtek's first album and as the time went i discovered more and more stuff which i liked, also the older, less melodic tracks! :) Who really inspired me alot, was Zatox. His tracks at that time (2007/2008) just had such an amazing drive and feeling to it so i can definitely say that he was my biggest idol at that time.

I don't find more commercial/easy going tracks bad, actually there are lots of great tracks with awesome ideas to it, it just needs a special feeling to it in order to be able to go crazy at it at a party. (For me at least haha). It ofcourse also matters when im playing at a party. If i'm playing at 22:00, then my set probably will be a bit softer than if im playing at 4:00, but well it also depends on the other acts playing. If i would be playing before DBSTF i probably can't go too hard haha.
At Euphoria i played alot of melodic stuff, for example The Pitcher - Serenity, which i think works really well. It has such an awesome melody and feeling in it.

A track i like that people probably wouldn't expect me to like is this awesome DJ Tool from Noisecontrollers:

If you come next summer to the Street Parade you can pat them yourselves! :D
Last edited by Alex149 on 20 Dec 2011, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Alex149
Producer

Postby Alex149 » 20 Dec 2011, 13:20

Qz:What music styles, other than hardstyle, do you listen to?
Do any of these other styles also inspire you for making hardstyle?

My taste in music is very broad. It's not really limited by style, so if i like it, i like it! :)
I listen to alot of trance when i want to relax (ASOT mostly). Trance has very big feelings to it and that also influences how i produce my tracks. I think producing shouldn't be something to create hits on purpose, or trying to fit a style. The best tracks you make if you try to build your feelings in your sequencer. If what you create really moves you, then you reached that. That doesn't necessarily mean melancholic feelings, but also you can use anger, fear or just that bad-ass feeling that you get when listening to some kind of tracks!
Besides trance i also listen to alot of Dn'B, from very light stuff, to stuff like DJ Hidden or The Panacea. I like how it combines a feeling with drive, and thats also what i try to get in my tracks.
Talking about non-EDM, i also like stuff like Empire Of The Sun, Hurts, Red Hot Chili Peppers, MGMT, alot of stuff, as long as the music has feeling to it! :D
Alex149
Producer

Postby Kedde » 20 Dec 2011, 14:02

Alex149: to stuff like DJ Hidden

Image Image Image Image
Kedde (25)
Producer

Postby Jonas » 20 Dec 2011, 15:41

Alex149:It's hard for me to say whats worst, because if i found it that bad i probably wouldnt be in that scene anymore! Anyways i find it a bit sad that alot of the classics dont get played that much anymore, especially tracks from the period 2006 - 2008, since those have a bit another feeling to them. But things are getting better and better so its hard to find something bad, maybe you can come up with something i haven't thought of yet? ;)

Maybe all the hate in the scene? That suck badly! :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (20)
State Hero

Postby icey » 20 Dec 2011, 19:39

You say Zatox was your biggest idol. He was one of mine too. What do you think about his complete change in style. Personally I hate it. I don't support his tracks anymore and am gutted that I don't. Simply because I miss what he could do before. Some call it 'real Hardstyle'. Your thoughts please mate. :)
icey (30)
State Hero