Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #2: Wavolizer

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby atomicoz » 12 Dec 2011, 01:00

Image Theracords Image Discogs Image Facebook Image Twitter Image Lyrics

Second part of our weekly Q&A series with artists from Theracords just started and Wavolizer steps up!

What, you haven't checked him out?

Wavolizer (Christian Jensen) started out producing different genres in 2006 but primarily focused on the early hardstyle. In 2009, after 3 years, he got his first release and it didn't take more than a few months until his next release was out. In December he had his first release on Theracords, "Wavolizer - Fight!"

Events he's played at includes Hardvibe in Holland and Theracords Label Night and Xstatic in Denmark.
You can also find Wavolizer producing Hardtrance on the sublabel Therabyte under the Omega Centauri alias.

Fun fact: On September the 1st 2010 he released both a Wavolizer and Omega Centauri release and the title of them referenced his other alias. (Wavolizer - Omega Centauri EP and vice versa)

A few of the releases you can find him on

ImageImageImageImage

One of his newest tracks. Made together with Thera and Geck-o when he was in Holland to play at Hardvibe

Post a reply with your questions and he'll reply when he can
(He goes by the nick Kedde here on Harderstate)
atomicoz (28)
Founder

Postby MarlboroMan » 12 Dec 2011, 01:08

So mister Wavo whats up with some new stuff, it is quite silent around you, in the last time. :)
Plus I saw that you're interested in Crossbreed/DnB stuff as well, are you thinking of starting producing this style of music as well? :p
MarlboroMan (25)
Global Mod

Postby koldsa » 12 Dec 2011, 01:22

Do you like pølse? :+
koldsa (26)
State Hero

Postby Dekkaz » 12 Dec 2011, 04:59

I think I see you on GHC all the time, do you make hardcore as well?
Dekkaz
State Senior Citizen

Postby Q-Rater » 12 Dec 2011, 06:56

Your bio says got your first release in 09' ("nautilus" right?) did you send any demos away before that?
Also, did you always aim/want to be signed at theracords?

EDIT: One more :P

Who designs the theracords album arts? The amnesia one is awesome :)
Q-Rater (22)
State Native

Postby Dakpan » 12 Dec 2011, 07:37

Wavolizerr :fist:

You're tracks Done and the Nothing Remix are quite different then the usual stuff. Do you plan on making more in this style? And are you being inspired by TOA for these tracks, as I see you are quite active in the DnB/Industrial section on GHC?
Dakpan (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Kedde » 12 Dec 2011, 10:08

MarlboroMan:So mister Wavo whats up with some new stuff, it is quite silent around you, in the last time. :)
Plus I saw that you're interested in Crossbreed/DnB stuff as well, are you thinking of starting producing this style of music as well? :p

Yeah things have been busy, but I should have a release out within the next 2-3 months hopefully. :)

I am indeed very interested in Crossbreed and listens to it quite a lot, so I tend to move my own music in this direction. However I don't want to move away from hardstyle, but rather make something in between hardstyle and crossbreed. Out of the box thinking :p
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Kedde » 12 Dec 2011, 10:09

koldsa:Do you like pølse? :+

Sometimes I prefer frankfurter (H)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Morten K » 12 Dec 2011, 10:16

Show spoiler
Kedde, få den hat af!

Can we expect more releases from you, on Therabyte?
Morten K (26)
Producer

Postby Kedde » 12 Dec 2011, 10:28

Dekkaz:I think I see you on GHC all the time, do you make hardcore as well?

I have never made a full-on hardcore track, but it might be interesting to do sometime in the future though. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Kedde » 12 Dec 2011, 10:36

Q-Rater:Your bio says got your first release in 09' ("nautilus" right?) did you send any demos away before that?
Also, did you always aim/want to be signed at theracords?

EDIT: One more :P

Who designs the theracords album arts? The amnesia one is awesome :)

My first release was with D-Mind actually :P Nautilus was my first solo release though. I did send demos before that but my quality back then was pure shit so I don't blame labels for not releasing them :p

In 2008 I spoke a lot with Thera already and when he informed me he was going to start his own label I was really excited! I already had a deal with GBH at that time though (D-Mind collab plus 1 solo release), so it would have to wait a bit before I got my first solo release out on Theracords, but I was definitely aiming to release stuff there from day one, yes :)

Album arts is done by Geck-o :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby D-Mind » 12 Dec 2011, 10:41

Hey Kedde!

So my question to you:
How you feel about nowadays hardstyle? And what is your current outlook on how the music should be in your eyes?
D-Mind (25)
Producer

Postby DjPractice » 12 Dec 2011, 11:16

Hi Kedde!!!! *waves*

you are one of my most favourite hardstyle producers at present because your basslines are just second to none these days and your tracks have so much drive in them - How do you create such momentum in your tracks? is there something that motivates you to make music like this?

Also, other Qu's
- Do you get lots of inspiration from the older tracks of Activator? I feel your style is quite similar to his around the time of 2004-2007 :)
- What is on the horizon for Wavolizer? More releases, remixes, crazy ideas?
- When are you coming to visit me in Australia???? :) If you come for a holiday and pay your own way (haha), I can you a gig :)

Greetz from your pal, Sambo :)
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby elgrekoz » 12 Dec 2011, 12:27

Dear Kedde,

Tell me,what do you forsee that it's not already there? We have an alike thinking about music...it evolves,blends,revolutionizes but as patrick asked already,im really curious to know your perspective for the future.

Sincerely yours,
Your minion greek
"It's time to unfold our primitive instincts."
elgrekoz
Producer

Postby Kedde » 12 Dec 2011, 12:45

Dakpan:Wavolizerr :fist:

Dakpan Image

Dakpan:You're tracks Done and the Nothing Remix are quite different then the usual stuff. Do you plan on making more in this style?

I will and I am already :)

Dakpan: And are you being inspired by TOA for these tracks, as I see you are quite active in the DnB/Industrial section on GHC?

I am definitely very inspired by them, and I have huge respect for their talent. :) However inspiration can come from anything really and that often causes a "problem" where I want to incorporate so many different elements in my track that I often get stuck and can't decide what the best way to continue would be. This is often what slows me down when I am producing so what I do in this kind of situation is to sit back for a moment and just put something together without thinking. Luckily (after some tweeking) it often turns out to be something that I really love though Image
Kedde (24)
Producer