Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #2: Wavolizer

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Thund3rJunky » 14 Dec 2011, 01:44

Kedde:since I prefer to have the kick (and bassline) in main focus.

This is why I love you mate.
Thund3rJunky (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Kedde » 14 Dec 2011, 12:14

Darycka:I guess you won't answer questions about how you make kicks in detail either, will you? :+

I hook up a microphone and record drum patterns from a 30 years old Hohner Organ. That's the secret of all hard pounding kicks. (H)

Darycka:Nah, a bit more serious now :) How do your family and friends feel about your music? Is hardstyle accepted in Denmark, or are you an outsider considering you are a fanatic?

That's a good question. I believe most of them think it's noise, but are at the same time proud of me. I just avoid playing my music for them :P I have been looked at as "that techno guy" in school (most of the people in my class are either metalheads or pop lovers), but people don't give me rude comments about my music taste and I believe most of them know that I can appreciate other stuff than so-called "techno" :)

Hardstyle in Denmark is sadly not what it used to be - not as many parties anymore - probably because the interest for hardstyle is going down again. The most parties have moved to the capital to make sure there will be enough attendees - I live in the other side of the country, so it might seem a bit dead where I live. So seen from that perspective, then yes, I am an outsider. I can also imagine it's hard for people to like the music that I spin, since I prefer to spin either oldschool hs/ht, Theracords related music or Crossbreed - not something that's very popular or known here.
I don't have a problem communicating with other fellow djs like Identic, Morten Berg, Gia and so on though. They are all great guys. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Kedde » 14 Dec 2011, 15:33

ceero:cds or vinyls ?

Both have their pros and cons. Vinyl is more challenging and at some points more fun, but slows me down a bit if I want to do fast transitions. I love to mix with vinyls at home, but I have never done so at a party (one of the reason is that I only saw turntables at the club I played in in NL - all the danish clubs only got cdjs). I also want to make sure the tonearm is adjusted properly and the needle isn't used too much before I play. If I am assured of that before hand then I might bring some vinyls to the party. :) Else I spin with cds, which I find really awesome as well. Good accurate pitch control and proper sized jogwheel on the club cdjs equals a lot of fun. :)

ceero:Which artists except Theracords do you like from nowadays hardstyle scene ? Perhaps someone from mainstream too ?

Chris One, The Machine, Anagenetic and of course the whole Spoontech crew. All of these tend to produce something that I like. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Q-Rater » 15 Dec 2011, 05:10

Can you explain how you collaborate with other artists? Especially if you're working with more than one person. Perhaps you could use Two and a Half Kings as an example?
Q-Rater (22)
State Native

Postby Vioda » 15 Dec 2011, 09:24

+1 :)
Vioda (32)
Producer

Postby Kedde » 15 Dec 2011, 11:01

Q-Rater:Can you explain how you collaborate with other artists? Especially if you're working with more than one person. Perhaps you could use Two and a Half Kings as an example?

That varies. With Two and a Half Kings we all three were in Pieter's studio which resulted in a lot of fun. Being three people in a studio might feel crowded, but we all managed to share our opinions without being left out or kicked by the others. :P
Whenever we had a nice idea but couldn't explain it by words, we would grab the mouse and try to construct it while the two others would sit back and listen (of course that's a bit easier for Pieter who is used to Cubase :P)
Other collabs have been done via Internet where you simply just export a project-zip file or wavefiles and send it/them back and worth. This is great fun too as long as opinions and criticism are shared meanwhile the track is being made. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Jonas » 15 Dec 2011, 20:39

Kedde:Hardstyle in Denmark is sadly not what it used to be - not as many parties anymore - probably because the interest for hardstyle is going down again. The most parties have moved to the capital to make sure there will be enough attendees - I live in the other side of the country, so it might seem a bit dead where I live. So seen from that perspective, then yes, I am an outsider. I can also imagine it's hard for people to like the music that I spin, since I prefer to spin either oldschool hs/ht, Theracords related music or Crossbreed - not something that's very popular or known here.
I don't have a problem communicating with other fellow djs like Identic, Morten Berg, Gia and so on though. They are all great guys. :)

Well it would be great if they made an event here :P

Q: What do you do besides producing? School? Work? :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (19)
State Hero

Postby Kedde » 16 Dec 2011, 12:45

Hawl:Q: What do you do besides producing? School? Work? :)

I go to school - 3rd grade at (what we in Denmark call) STX Gymnasium with Music and English as the main studies. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby DjVero » 16 Dec 2011, 12:50

Do you have any goals when it comes to your career? If so, what are they? Is there any specific event you would like to play on?
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (28)
Crab

Postby Kedde » 17 Dec 2011, 11:25

DjVero:Do you have any goals when it comes to your career? If so, what are they?

It's a tough question actually.. but I think this one is the main "goal":
To entertain as many as possible with my music. :)
I have other things on my mind too, but they can't be called goals. I rather call them reminders:
to stay true to myself is very important. I don't ever want to be in a place where I make music that I don't get thrilled about at all.

A more "egoistic" one (actually more of a silly dream, not a goal :P): to be able to play every instrument in the world. Except for bagpipes :+

DjVero:Is there any specific event you would like to play on?

I have never played outdoor yet, so I believe a big festival like Decibel is what I'd love to play at the most at the moment. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby arder-arderstyle » 17 Dec 2011, 16:45

Kedde:
DjVero:Do you have any goals when it comes to your career? If so, what are they?

It's a tough question actually.. but I think this one is the main "goal":
To entertain as many as possible with my music. :)
I have other things on my mind too, but they can't be called goals. I rather call them reminders:
to stay true to myself is very important. I don't ever want to be in a place where I make music that I don't get thrilled about at all.

A more "egoistic" one (actually more of a silly dream, not a goal :P): to be able to play every instrument in the world. Except for bagpipes :+

DjVero:Is there any specific event you would like to play on?

I have never played outdoor yet, so I believe a big festival like Decibel is what I'd love to play at the most at the moment. :)

hey bagpipes are great :fist:
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Kedde » 18 Dec 2011, 12:08

Last day to ask me questions here, bring 'em! :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby loipi » 18 Dec 2011, 15:13

What is your biggest dream?
loipi (27)
State Native

Postby GolGotha » 18 Dec 2011, 17:12

Where's my pony? :'(
Image Image Image
GolGotha (28)
Miss Super Boobs

Postby Kedde » 18 Dec 2011, 17:29

loipi:What is your biggest dream?

Very very tough question. I guess it varies everyday from "mastering the skills of mixing with four decks" to "mastering the skills of sound-engineering" to "finding the perfect girl".
I don't really dream about stuff like becoming very rich, but I do dream of being able to live from the music that I make.
:)
Kedde (24)
Producer