Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #1: Geck-o

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Geck-o » 10 Dec 2011, 20:46

Darycka:You said you are feeling really well on Theracords, but I wonder, where would you have been if it didn't exist?
Would your music differ much from what it is now, and at what label would you've been?

Everything would have been different. There are so much things that happened because I joined Theracords and was able to release my tracks there...

This is a strange What If for me, I really have no idea where that would have taken me. Maybe I would have been making more standard stuff, maybe I would have quit? We'll never know ;)
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 10 Dec 2011, 20:55

Romanian Hardstyler:which are your favourite hardstyle producers?

Antonio Dona (Tuneboy/Saifam), The Beholder, Noisecontrollers, Thera, Geck-o
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Grape » 10 Dec 2011, 22:05

just wanted to thank you for Geck-x - Some Jingles And A Red Nosed Reindeer (L)
Grape (24)
State Hero

Postby Colorblind » 10 Dec 2011, 22:07

How would you go about getting noticed by labels when someone lives in the USA
Colorblind (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Q-Rater » 11 Dec 2011, 00:49

Colorblind:How would you go about getting noticed by labels when someone lives in the USA

That's practically the same question you asked before, he answered already.
Q-Rater (22)
State Native

Postby icey » 11 Dec 2011, 02:30

There's not enough people supporting old-style?? What do you think of the 'Spoontech Records' Label from Australia?? In Particular, Vazard & Delete :)
icey (29)
State Hero

Postby Q-Rater » 11 Dec 2011, 11:38

icey:There's not enough people supporting old-style?? What do you think of the 'Spoontech Records' Label from Australia?? In Particular, Vazard & Delete :)

This :fist:
Q-Rater (22)
State Native

Postby Darycka » 11 Dec 2011, 18:03

Another question popped up in my mind during Loudness yesterday :)

A lot of people define the more oldstyle tracks you produce as the hardest type of hardstyle. I personally think this more oldstyled tracks would fit more at the beginning of a party, but a lot of people might disagree. What do you think about this? :)
50% of D-Verze

Image Image Image Image
Darycka (24)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 18:18

Colorblind:How would you go about getting noticed by labels when someone lives in the USA
Q-Rater:That's practically the same question you asked before, he answered already.

Yeah haha read back! ;)
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 18:19

Grape:just wanted to thank you for Geck-x - Some Jingles And A Red Nosed Reindeer (L)

You're welcome! Image
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Neko » 11 Dec 2011, 18:20

What do you think about Tracks like Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Lose My Mind?
This tracks got an huge potential for filling floors and with those sing-along parts you can get everyone shouting and going wild.
What I mean is the difference between the "harder" style (without any rating) you are more into and the more mainstream tracks (again no rating here) we got in scantraxx productions e.g.
Would you support them? Or do you hate them like other theracords fans?
(I dont wanna have your back up against the wall, only your opinion) :)
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (24)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 18:21

icey:What do you think of the 'Spoontech Records' Label from Australia?? In Particular, Vazard & Delete :)

I think they have a lot of potential and need to grow a bit in everything like Theracords did and is doing.
Especially Delete is already very good, loving his remix of Environment (L)
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 18:24

Darycka:Another question popped up in my mind during Loudness yesterday :)

A lot of people define the more oldstyle tracks you produce as the hardest type of hardstyle. I personally think this more oldstyled tracks would fit more at the beginning of a party, but a lot of people might disagree. What do you think about this? :)

Well "olschool" is a very wide term. There are soft tracks, hard tracks, and stuff in between :P I think especially punch-wise a lot of oldschool can be harder than the modern mainstream sound tho - but yeah that depends on your definition of hard.

For me the hardness is most of all in the mid-low punch of the kick :)

So where on the timetable would it fit? Everywhere, as long as you pick the right tunes for the time :)
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 18:33

Maneki Neko:What do you think about Tracks like Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Lose My Mind?
This tracks got an huge potential for filling floors and with those sing-along parts you can get everyone shouting and going wild.

I don't like such vocals, they are really not my taste. For the rest I think it's a good mainstream track, very effective.

Maneki Neko:What I mean is the difference between the "harder" style (without any rating) you are more into and the more mainstream tracks (again no rating here) we got in scantraxx productions e.g.
Would you support them? Or do you hate them like other theracords fans?

To me it seems you are assuming that Theracords fans hate mainstream. That is a bad assumption that I don't like to see, as one does not exclude the other at all.

Some people like it more mainstream, others like it more experimental but I'm sure a lot of people appreciate bits and parts of everything! :)

As for me personally, I can enjoy some mainstream aswell, but I need some variation :) A lot of those tracks are played already by others tho so that gives me less urge to play them in my own sets.
Last edited by Geck-o on 11 Dec 2011, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Geck-o (27)
Producer

Postby Brandox » 11 Dec 2011, 18:39

I hear a lot of good tracks from you and most of them with a good old reverse bass, like "Gatty - As It Appeared (Geck-O Remix), Morten Berg & LuLu-E - Here We Go (Geck-O Oldskool Remix) or TNT - First Match 2011 (Geck-O Remix)"

My question is, do you prefer the oldschoolsound in your tracks ? :)
Brandox (24)
State Celebrity