Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #1: Geck-o

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Colorblind » 09 Dec 2011, 06:30

How would you go about for young producers getting noticed if they have potential but live in the USA
Last edited by Colorblind on 10 Dec 2011, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Colorblind (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby icey » 09 Dec 2011, 09:08

How many tracks have you released untill now :) It seems like your always in the studio?

Could you give us your remix of 'chainsaw massacre' as it's only on vinyl :p
icey (30)
State Hero

Postby Vioda » 09 Dec 2011, 09:47

Hi Rik,
How are you since your last time in Lyon ? :p
I have one question yes, did you already record vocal yourself for your productions or you work with vocalist or samples from movies etc...
Cheers mate :)
Vioda (32)
Producer

Postby Badazzbeat » 09 Dec 2011, 11:24

Dear Geck-o,

Why do some hardstyle tracks feature 1,2 and 4 bar breaks at random intervals throughout a hardstyle track.

As an example, some tracks I have heard have an intro 16 bars, followed by a 6 bar break, then followed by a 16 bar mid intro, others have a 16 bar section with an 8 bar break and then a 2 bar break, etc.

I know it may make a track interesting, but from what I can see these little breaks of 1-4 bars are not used in any logical order? What is your view on this please, and thanks for your valuable time! (H)
Badazzbeat
State Outsider

Postby D-Verze » 09 Dec 2011, 14:29

You said you are feeling really well on Theracords, but I wonder, where would you have been if it didn't exist?
Would your music differ much from what it is now, and at what label would you've been?
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby Maximumraver » 09 Dec 2011, 18:37

Geck-o:
Maximumraver:Which harder styles track do you consider an underplayed gem?

There are so many out there and I try to play as much as posible from them ;)
But to name one: an early hs track I love and you rarely see being played is SOB Creators - The Noise

Ok, Cool! :)
Just checked that track out, nice one! :) Might play it in an early set myself someday :)!

Geck-o:
Maximumraver:And which of your own tracks do you like best? :)

Impossible question, I think I answered such a question before ;)

Valid point :)

Geck-o:
Maximumraver:Also, a ton of your tracks are amaaaaaazing _O_ keep up the good work! :) and thanks for playing Give Me Some Heat @ Pitch Black, that one is an underplayed gem for me! :p _O_

Thanks a lot! And you're welcome :D

:dance:
Maximumraver (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 09 Dec 2011, 21:00

eZ:Are you planning to make more FREE tracks like Geck-o - 2-1 ?

There are no plans but I'm pretty sure there will be some (dj tools) in the future that can be given away for free :)
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 09 Dec 2011, 21:00

ceero:Okay whats with all those bananas on covers ? xD

That's pretty random actually haha. I couldnt think of what to put on the cover of Give Me Some Heat... so I just randomly took a banana, and that became a running gag :P
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 09 Dec 2011, 21:01

Fong:Will theracords ever set foot in the US?

Yes. I think. Hope. :P We'll see!
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 09 Dec 2011, 21:04

Q-Rater:You said earlier that you generally start your tracks with a bassline. Can you expand more on your workflow? What usually comes next? Is the bassline you start with the climax or intro bassline?

Well, an important part of my workflow that I do the mixing and mastering for a big part already while making the track, so straight from the beginning. It's just hard for me to work on a track that doesn't sound good while in progress :)

As for the elements, usually after kicks and bass comes percussion, then a lead synth and vocals, followed by additional synths and FX sounds to finish it off.
I think that's my general order, but of course it still differs a lot haha :P
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 10 Dec 2011, 20:35

Colorblind:How would you go about for young producers getting noticed if they have potential but live in the USA

I imagine that being pretty difficult. When it comes to productions purely, you can just do it by sending demos to labels.

But I think many big labels - if you ment "getting noticed" at a higher level - would only want to invest in artists who can deliver the total package, as the big bucks are in giving performances. And that's the difficult point - it's very expensive to fly an artist over from the USA for a performance.

So, I only have one solution. Be amazingly good so you're worth the money :p
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 10 Dec 2011, 20:38

icey:How many tracks have you released untill now :) It seems like your always in the studio?

I have no idea I don't keep count haha :P and well, yes, producing is my passion, so whenever I have the time for it and feel inspired, I make music.

icey:Could you give us your remix of 'chainsaw massacre' as it's only on vinyl :p

Vinyl? Not that I know of. As far as I know, it was never released and only played once, and I hope it stays that way. It's not a good track (even though the idea of it might be nice, it's extremely old which you can hear)
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 10 Dec 2011, 20:40

Vioda:Hi Rik,
How are you since your last time in Lyon ? :p

Lyon was awesome!! Really loved playing there :)

Vioda:I have one question yes, did you already record vocal yourself for your productions or you work with vocalist or samples from movies etc...

I think I answered such a question before in this topic, but I usually sample my vocals from whatever source. I will definitely work with vocalists in the future tho.
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 10 Dec 2011, 20:43

Badazzbeat:Dear Geck-o,

Why do some hardstyle tracks feature 1,2 and 4 bar breaks at random intervals throughout a hardstyle track.

As an example, some tracks I have heard have an intro 16 bars, followed by a 6 bar break, then followed by a 16 bar mid intro, others have a 16 bar section with an 8 bar break and then a 2 bar break, etc.

I know it may make a track interesting, but from what I can see these little breaks of 1-4 bars are not used in any logical order? What is your view on this please, and thanks for your valuable time! (H)

Dear Badazzbeat,

Those breaks are featured in tracks because the producer decided to make them that way :p I don't know why they do that but I guess because they thought it sounded good or gave a special flow to the track.

Speaking for myself, if I do such a break it's most likely because it disturbs the flow a bit and which can gain you extra attention from the listener/crowd.
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 10 Dec 2011, 20:45

which are you're favourite hardstyle producers?
Romanian Hardstyler (25)
State Celebrity