Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The Machine Q&A

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby atomicoz » 04 Jun 2012, 00:15

Image Facebook Image Youtube Image @TheMachineLT Image Lyrics & Free Tracks

What better day to start a Q&A with The Machine than the day his Substantial Machinery album gets released? Ask your questions here this week and he'll try to reply to as much as he can.

The Lithuanian producer The Machine (Ramunas Vabolis) is making a big name of himself in the Hardstyle scene with his harder and darker kind of Hardstyle. His first release was "Raw" on DJ's United Red in 2006 at the age of 16, since then he's progressed while releasing on labels like Kattiva, Ipnotika, Explosive and Tremble Tracks. In February 2012 he released his latest EP where the title "Prologue" hinted at an upcoming album.

His releases since 2010 are found here on Harderstate, click the covers below to hear some of his releases and check out the great feedback. Other than producing big bangers he's also played at big parties like Defqon.1, Ground Zero, Loudness and many others. Up next you can see him at WiSH Outdoor 2012 (June 30, NL) and Last World Festival (July 7, BE)

His last few releases
ImageImageImageImage

Album preview showcasing some of his own tracks and collaborations with Alphaverb, Thera and others
You can get the album at http://www.junodownload.com/products/substantial-machinery/1981747-02/

Ask your questions by replying here, Ramunas will answer as much as possible!
Any question is fine of course, it doesn't need to be about the album.

(The Machine goes as maschine here on Harderstate)
atomicoz (29)
Founder

Postby ceero » 04 Jun 2012, 00:29

i always wondered ... how did you ended up under Sys-X ? I (and probably a lot of people) thought the label for dead for like 3 years :P and than BAM, they suddenly came back to life and started to release Machinee tracks.
another one - are there some things planned with Sys-X label ? I see a new Mindcontroller track after like 5 years, new High Voltage production etc. Are these aliases back or are they here just for those few collabs they already did ?

oh and where is the album ? its midnight, damnit i stayed up to get it :+
Reef in a sail at the edge of the world, If eternity should fail.
Waiting in line for the ending of time, If eternity should fail.
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby MarlboroMan » 04 Jun 2012, 00:41

First of all massive respect for you work Ramunas. _O_

I think I just ask the question I wrote you via PM. Some time ago you posted a video on your youtube, it was a studio preview. The project name was The Machine - Dead Walk, the midintro from this, you used for Mosquito, but the mainpart in this is not the same as with the actual Deadwalk track. Did you used this part in another track?
MarlboroMan (25)
Global Mod

Postby Shellshock » 04 Jun 2012, 00:57

Hey Ramunas.

Congratulations on the release of the allbum for tomorrow! one of my favourite tracks ever, and My favourite track of yours is "Renaissance"!

My question to you is:

What was the inspiration behind your track "Renaissance"?? i would love to know!
Shellshock (23)
Producer

Postby Shrapnel » 04 Jun 2012, 01:25

wow man, congrats on the album! i'll be grabbing it for sure :D
what made you want to become a dj/producer?
and who gave you your first break? :)

also, not wanting to plug, but i did a mashup with your track, and i was wondering what you think?
Shrapnel (24)
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 04 Jun 2012, 01:46

Hey there, I first heard your productions in 2007 when I heard Raw, including the Alphaverb remix. Tell us, how did you change your style from then, if you feel it was like that, and what got you into producing?
Reverse Ghost (23)
State Legend

Postby SchizeQ » 04 Jun 2012, 07:22

Hey Mash :D

How about scene in your country? I mean we're country neighbourhoods, and here scene is dead if we compare it to the west Europe.
https://www.facebook.com/Coarsection
tracks for support here: schizeq@o2.pl
Sorry If I wrote something wrong, I know my english isn't perfect :)
SchizeQ (26)
Producer

Postby MRK » 04 Jun 2012, 08:17

Hey,
Tell me how do you feel when you stand in front of the crowd and you play your tracks?
I love "sound of the machine" really hard stuff. Keep on rocking beat! ;)
MRK (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby D-Verze » 04 Jun 2012, 08:45

First of all, respect for your work! I love how you have your very own style and how you keep things hard!

So, now it's time for a question. In our scene, the DJs with a lot of bookings earned those bookings because of their productions. We all see that your productions are well respected, not by the biggest names, but by names like Alphaverb for sure and yet you don't play on that much parties!
Any idea why? Could it be because of the fact that you live far away and organisations have to spend a lot of money to get you to, for instance, the Netherlands? Would you like to DJ more often?
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby The Hown » 04 Jun 2012, 13:19

Will there be a hardcopy version of your album available?
And what do you think of the current hardstyle music as your style is a lot different than the one of other artists
The Hown (28)
State Native

Postby Qz » 04 Jun 2012, 15:02

ceero:i always wondered ... how did you ended up under Sys-X ? I (and probably a lot of people) thought the label for dead for like 3 years :P and than BAM, they suddenly came back to life and started to release Machinee tracks.
another one - are there some things planned with Sys-X label ? I see a new Mindcontroller track after like 5 years, new High Voltage production etc. Are these aliases back or are they here just for those few collabs they already did ?

I'm also really curious about that. Since 2007 there hadn't been any release, and then in 2010 The Machine appeared from completely nowhere on that label. :rofl:

My question: Are you planning to stay at Sys-x? I'd think being on a more active label is much more fun? Or am I totally wrong and is Sys-x actually one busy network? :D
Qz (26)
State Senior Citizen

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 04 Jun 2012, 18:21

What do you think about people that judge FL Studio saying that it's not a professional software?
I like diversity and reverse bass.
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (20)
Producer

Postby TheRavestyler » 04 Jun 2012, 19:27

ChristianHardstyle:What do you think about people that judge FL Studio saying that it's not a professional software?

not this again :facepalm:
why u guys always need to ask something DAW based really.

anyways The Machine u did a great album for sure and i hope u will doo such things more often in the future :)
also more collabs maybe ? :+
Imagine building a guitar and then tuning it and then playing it. That's what electronic music is.

https://soundcloud.com/cruel-instinct
TheRavestyler (20)
State Hero

Postby Freddy » 04 Jun 2012, 20:24

The correct writing of the name: Ramūnas :D
Freddy
State Hero

Postby Jonas » 04 Jun 2012, 22:06

When and where will your album be available? :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (20)
State Hero