Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The Machine Q&A

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Matz » 06 Jun 2012, 23:12

maschine:
Matz:First of all, congratulations on the album , it's a piece of art!

As for my question: If you could collab with any artist from any genre , what artist would you pick and what genre would you produce ?

I wonder alot how a hardstyle track would sound when working on it with Ophidian or The Outside Agency...:)

A collab with TOA would be pretty awesome , seeing as I very much enjoy their crossbreed sound :)
Since they're also on Cardiac, maybe it's something for the future if they are up for it as well , I'll keep my fingers crossed !
Matz (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby SCH » 06 Jun 2012, 23:14

afaik Genosha isn't on Cardiac anymore... Also TOA dislikes hardstyle ;)
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Dakpan » 06 Jun 2012, 23:23

maschine:
I wonder alot how a hardstyle track would sound when working on it with Ophidian or The Outside Agency...:)

You should do another Feat. Mindcontroller track and ask Ophidian to produce with you instead of Ruffneck. :p

Are you going to take a break now your album is ready or do you have new stuff in the pipeline already?

Also massive respect for your album. Hope you will get the support from bigger artists.

SCH:afaik Genosha isn't on Cardiac anymore... Also TOA dislikes hardstyle ;)

TOA likes certain Theracords tracks, at least, Hidden does. ;)
Dakpan (26)
State Celebrity

Postby SCH » 06 Jun 2012, 23:26

Oh I just remembered something Hidden wrote on that other board a few months ago: "we will produce pretty uch anything we want to, except hard without style" or something along those lines...
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Jordan » 07 Jun 2012, 04:52

Maximumraver:
maschine:
Maximumraver:
It's hard to choose, but I always though Mist was an outstanding track :) Dem intro kicks (L)

That track took me long time to make :)

Ah, that means I can finally go on topic with a question :)! Mine is:

Why did the track take long? :) Was it the sound design, or did you not now in which direction you wanted to go with it, or was it something else :)? Also, if you are willing to share it that is, I don't know what DAW you are working in, but I know fruity has a timer that says how long you have been working on a track, what does the timer say for that track :)?

Also, keep up the good work :) You've made a ton of great tracks! :)

Hold up, are we talking "Mist" or "Ive grown it" here....?? :?
Jordan
State Citizen

Postby Maximumraver » 07 Jun 2012, 05:21

I'm talking about Mist :p
Maximumraver (29)
Producer

Postby Jordan » 07 Jun 2012, 06:07

Maximumraver:I'm talking about Mist :p

Sweet (H)
Jordan
State Citizen

Postby maschine » 07 Jun 2012, 15:11

maschine:
Maximumraver:
It's hard to choose, but I always though Mist was an outstanding track :) Dem intro kicks (L)

That track took me long time to make :)

Maximumraver:Ah, that means I can finally go on topic with a question :)! Mine is:

Why did the track take long? :) Was it the sound design, or did you not now in which direction you wanted to go with it, or was it something else :)? Also, if you are willing to share it that is, I don't know what DAW you are working in, but I know fruity has a timer that says how long you have been working on a track, what does the timer say for that track :)?

Your second question answers why did it took so long :)

thanks for the info! Never knew this was possible. Tho seems it doesnt work properly, when i opened a project it said it was started only today and ive been producing that song so far less then a minute :D

officialadventum:Masch
i love all your productions since 2007/2008

What is your biggest dream as DJ/Producer , what for gear would you like to buy ?

Thanks!

Uhm, so far what comes to my mind only external soundcard and midi controller fori it. But to make music i have everything what i need :) Another room for studio only would be handy but thats for the future...:)

Dakpan:
maschine:

You should do another Feat. Mindcontroller track and ask Ophidian to produce with you instead of Ruffneck. :p

Are you going to take a break now your album is ready or do you have new stuff in the pipeline already?

Also massive respect for your album. Hope you will get the support from bigger artists.

SCH:afaik Genosha isn't on Cardiac anymore... Also TOA dislikes hardstyle ;)

TOA likes certain Theracords tracks, at least, Hidden does. ;)
[/quote]

I already had a break. recently i have started few projects already :)
maschine
Producer

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 07 Jun 2012, 20:12

When do you make a track, do you always start making the same part, or you just make something and then you arrange everything?

Thanks for answering all my questions _O_
--- Retired producer from Italy who loves reverse bass ---
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (21)
Producer

Postby D-Verze » 08 Jun 2012, 10:07

Btw, you're not a fulltime DJ/Producer, right? :)
What do you do for living? :) How does your stock and standard day look like? :)

Also, how do the people around you feel about your music?
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 08 Jun 2012, 18:38

What's your favorite fast food? :+
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby maschine » 08 Jun 2012, 21:08

ChristianHardstyle:When do you make a track, do you always start making the same part, or you just make something and then you arrange everything?

Thanks for answering all my questions _O_

I usualy start with the main theme, then i make a subtheme and when i have those matching and satisfied about them, i start arranging the song and editing :)

Darycka:Btw, you're not a fulltime DJ/Producer, right? :)
What do you do for living? :) How does your stock and standard day look like? :)

Also, how do the people around you feel about your music?

I make music, thats what i do for living . If i feel like producing, then i make music, if not then i dont produce and do other stuff that other people do from cleaning apartament to going out and so on :) But lately i dont produce as much as i used to unfortunetly :)

eh my friends dont really like my music, or overal such type of music. Only few tracks are that they can listen to :)
maschine
Producer

Postby maschine » 08 Jun 2012, 21:16

Corrupted Singular:What's your favorite fast food? :+

Cant really choose from these as i like them equaly :) kebabs, hesburger's burgers, pizza's :)

There are other fast food ive tried, but these are just most common in my city/country and are not far from my place :)
maschine
Producer

Postby Lop-Sided » 09 Jun 2012, 00:07

Tbh, I'm relatively new to your music. Last year was the first time I heard about you and I've loved your music ever since. :) Thanks a lot for making great music and keep up the great work! :D

Anyway, my questions are:

Did you originally start out producing hardstyle or did you begin with another genre of music? Also, what music genres (other than hardstyle) do you enjoy?

I'm not sure if I'm being clear or not, but do you have a favorite sound or element to produce? In other words, is there a specific sound (such as a reverse bass or a saw lead, etc) that you enjoy making or is there a particular effect (such as a delay or bitcrusher) that you absolute love?

Other than producing music and DJing, what are your hobbies?

Thank you so much, mate! :D
Trance producer/Radio Show Host at 90.3FM KDVS
Check out my tuneessssss, broooooo!! http://www.soundcloud.com/sashavanlaur
Lop-Sided
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 09 Jun 2012, 02:56

Do you feature your own voice in your tracks or do you have someone who does them for you? Because I really like some of those in your tracks, they sound really cool imo.
And btw, great job with your album! Keep it on mate! ;)
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer