Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The Machine Q&A

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby zanshi » 04 Jun 2012, 22:56

yo ramunas!
i wanted to ask you something about the vision you put into your music, do you have a certain message?
something thats pushing you further?
how would you describe the heart and soul of what you do and create?
and do you think that the character of a producer can influence the sound of the music the producer creates so much that you can "listen to the character" a tiny bit?
and how does the name "the machine" match with you and what you stand for?

sorry for the many questions :'3
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (25)
State Hero

Postby maschine » 05 Jun 2012, 00:06

ceero:i always wondered ... how did you ended up under Sys-X ? I (and probably a lot of people) thought the label for dead for like 3 years :P and than BAM, they suddenly came back to life and started to release Machinee tracks.
another one - are there some things planned with Sys-X label ? I see a new Mindcontroller track after like 5 years, new High Voltage production etc. Are these aliases back or are they here just for those few collabs they already did ?

oh and where is the album ? its midnight, damnit i stayed up to get it :+

So far i remember its the firs time some one asked me such question :)

In the end of 2008 i was offered to join bookings agency called idbookings and one of the persons handling agency was a part of cardiac music and i was offered to release my songs there. So thats how i end up at sysx.

About plans, yes there are, but cant tell you more. As for now with Mindcontroller it was just a collab, what future will bring i cannot tell, i cannot read minds unfortunetly :)

Where is the album? trust me, i ask that aswel :(

MarlboroMan:First of all massive respect for you work Ramunas. _O_

I think I just ask the question I wrote you via PM. Some time ago you posted a video on your youtube, it was a studio preview. The project name was The Machine - Dead Walk, the midintro from this, you used for Mosquito, but the mainpart in this is not the same as with the actual Deadwalk track. Did you used this part in another track?

I rarely check forums and other social network except facebook (but my personal only) messages :X but glad you bring it here. :)

No i didnt used that part in another track, but i might use it in future. Thing with Dead Walk having different part than in video...original concept we made with Patrick back at his studio didnt satisfied me so there were lots of changes in the track and thats where that part came from but it was changed to new one, and then new one and ten again new one :+ (it took really long time to settle the final idea of the song).

Shellshock:Hey Ramunas.

Congratulations on the release of the allbum for tomorrow! one of my favourite tracks ever, and My favourite track of yours is "Renaissance"!

My question to you is:

What was the inspiration behind your track "Renaissance"?? i would love to know!

ARMAGEDDON PROJECT - Silent Rest Of The Undefeated - this is the track i was listening when i thought to start making the song called renaissance (ofc there wasnt a title yet then), only i had different goal and vision of a final product. I think its possible to relate mid intro sound from Renaissance to the sounds you hear in the original song :) In general, i wanted to make a song influenced more by older hardtrance sound :)
Corrupted Singular:Hey there, I first heard your productions in 2007 when I heard Raw, including the Alphaverb remix. Tell us, how did you change your style from then, if you feel it was like that, and what got you into producing?

Im not sure if i understand right the first question, what do you ask by that :)
What got me in to making music? i just wanted to make music. Only hardstyle music was one of the reasons that pushed me to be serious about learning to produce and make music :)
SchizeQ:Hey Mash :D
How about scene in your country? I mean we're country neighbourhoods, and here scene is dead if we compare it to the west Europe.

Well scene in Lithuania basicly is non-existant. There are few parties there and here by a locals who were trying to spread hardstyle from time to time, but im not sure if they still put on a line up a dj who would spin hardstyle music.
MRK:Hey,
Tell me how do you feel when you stand in front of the crowd and you play your tracks?
I love "sound of the machine" really hard stuff. Keep on rocking beat! ;)

I feel happy, and even happier if i see a good response from the crowd :)

Darycka:First of all, respect for your work! I love how you have your very own style and how you keep things hard!

So, now it's time for a question. In our scene, the DJs with a lot of bookings earned those bookings because of their productions. We all see that your productions are well respected, not by the biggest names, but by names like Alphaverb for sure and yet you don't play on that much parties!
Any idea why? Could it be because of the fact that you live far away and organisations have to spend a lot of money to get you to, for instance, the Netherlands? Would you like to DJ more often?

I have my ideas, but i will keep them to myself. :) to get me to NL isnt that expensive anymore, thanks to cheap airline companies. Ofcourse i want to dj more often :)

The Hown:Will there be a hardcopy version of your album available?
And what do you think of the current hardstyle music as your style is a lot different than the one of other artists

Unfortunetly it will be digital, with a planned sampler of 4 tracks :)
Its definatly not the hardstyle music i heard the first time and fell in love with it :) but im not saying its a bad thing or anything, change is a normal process in music culture :) Honestly few years ago i wasnt really satisfied what hardstyle was turning in to, but in the past couple years my view became more positive due to some names that gave change to the hardstyle. That gave a big boost adding variety to the genre itself and giving a chance to choose what hardstyle i want to play. Not only it gives a chance to choose but aswel inspires to make music :)
ChristianHardstyle:What do you think about people that judge FL Studio saying that it's not a professional software?

I think they judge too fast and read too much nonsense in forums from unreliable sources :)
TheRavestyler:anyways The Machine u did a great album for sure and i hope u will doo such things more often in the future :)
also more collabs maybe ? :+

Maybe :) who knows :) and collaborating with other producers, that will happen ;)
Hawl:When and where will your album be available? :)

It shouldve been today, but sometimes things happen you cant predict :X hopefuly tomorrow in all major digital shops :)
maschine
Producer

Postby Jordan » 05 Jun 2012, 02:35

HiYA!!

Have you ever considered coming out to Australia for some shows?? The scene here is pretty big in Sydney. I know its a long way but i know myself, timdawes, Orbi, DjPractice and Diesel will all be up the front going :fist: :fist: :fist: so that makes it worth it right??? ;D

Also, will it be released on itunes???
Jordan
State Citizen

Postby Reverse Ghost » 05 Jun 2012, 10:14

Sorry, i worded that strangely. What I meant to ask: How do you think your style changed since your first release, and do you think your style will change in the future? As I am a whore for questions, would you ever produce another genre for one track like Hardcore, Industrial, or something along those lines?
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby Orbi » 05 Jun 2012, 15:15

Jordan:HiYA!!

Have you ever considered coming out to Australia for some shows?? The scene here is pretty big in Sydney. I know its a long way but i know myself, timdawes, Orbi, DjPractice and Diesel will all be up the front going :fist: :fist: :fist: so that makes it worth it right??? ;D

Damn right I would! Sadly promoters here seem to only want to go for safe bets seeing as the cost of travel is really high. Shame, but we'll see what Harder View can hopefully conjure up since Nathan seems to know what he's doing.

How did you get introduced to the hardstyle scene? I can't imagine it's flourishing or really big in Lithuania, did you just stumble upon it over the internet and fell in love?
Orbi
State Native

Postby icey » 05 Jun 2012, 16:24

My fav track from you will always be 'I grown it' remix _O_
icey (30)
State Hero

Postby Sephyx » 05 Jun 2012, 17:20

How did the process from being unknown to this feel for you?
Also, I love your tracks man! sick stuff

-- Sephyx
Sephyx (21)
Producer

Postby Matz » 05 Jun 2012, 22:29

First of all, congratulations on the album , it's a piece of art!

As for my question: If you could collab with any artist from any genre , what artist would you pick and what genre would you produce ?
Matz (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Shellshock » 06 Jun 2012, 00:30

icey:My fav track from you will always be 'I grown it' remix _O_

One of my first favourite hardstyle tracks aaagesss ago :D
Shellshock (24)
Producer

Postby Maximumraver » 06 Jun 2012, 00:39

It's hard to choose, but I always though Mist was an outstanding track :) Dem intro kicks (L)
Maximumraver (29)
Producer

Postby atomicoz » 06 Jun 2012, 01:18

Lets go on-topic guys (rather than discuss with each other what your favorite tracks are, there are other topics for that :P)
atomicoz (29)
Founder

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 06 Jun 2012, 14:40

Will you continue making dark music or whatever you like, or will you make more commercial music to be more famous?
--- Retired producer from Italy who loves reverse bass ---
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (21)
Producer

Postby maschine » 06 Jun 2012, 21:41

zanshi:yo ramunas!
i wanted to ask you something about the vision you put into your music, do you have a certain message?
something thats pushing you further?
how would you describe the heart and soul of what you do and create?
and do you think that the character of a producer can influence the sound of the music the producer creates so much that you can "listen to the character" a tiny bit?
and how does the name "the machine" match with you and what you stand for?

sorry for the many questions :'3

No, unfortunetly i dont have a message i just do what i feel at that moment :)

Whats pushing me futher? Id say the process of making music and the final result, aswel the goals i have made for myself :)

Ofcourse producer's character could influence,especialy if you make music fallowing your emotions, because character can influence what you feel at that moment ect :)

I dont know, should it stand for something ? :) i just liked the name when i had to choose when releasing my first song and thats the story, i didnt thoght much about my name then :) if i had to choose now i would do the same and wouldnt think much, just would pick one that would be more recognisable, because there are millions of machines when you search thro google :D

Corrupted Singular:Sorry, i worded that strangely. What I meant to ask: How do you think your style changed since your first release, and do you think your style will change in the future? As I am a whore for questions, would you ever produce another genre for one track like Hardcore, Industrial, or something along those lines?

Personaly į dont think it has changed much, but became more varied and technical :) Its very possible i might make one another track in such genre:)

Orbi:
Jordan:HiYA!!

Damn right I would! Sadly promoters here seem to only want to go for safe bets seeing as the cost of travel is really high. Shame, but we'll see what Harder View can hopefully conjure up since Nathan seems to know what he's doing.

How did you get introduced to the hardstyle scene? I can't imagine it's flourishing or really big in Lithuania, did you just stumble upon it over the internet and fell in love?

Id love to come to Australia to perform but at this moment its only in my dreams, because promoters decide what artist to bring and aperantly im not on the on that list yet :) What Orbit says is logical, the prices are high and because of that promoters usualy take safe bets, and i understand them :)

Shellshock:

One of my first favourite hardstyle tracks aaagesss ago :D

Hehe, its nice to hear :) But that track track misses such a big technical treatment! :)

Sephyx:How did the process from being unknown to this feel for you?
Also, I love your tracks man! sick stuff

-- Sephyx

Sorry, couldnt understand what do you mean :)

Matz:First of all, congratulations on the album , it's a piece of art!

As for my question: If you could collab with any artist from any genre , what artist would you pick and what genre would you produce ?

I wonder alot how a hardstyle track would sound when working on it with Ophidian or The Outside Agency...:)

Maximumraver:

It's hard to choose, but I always though Mist was an outstanding track :) Dem intro kicks (L)

That track took me long time to make :)

ChristianHardstyle:Will you continue making dark music or whatever you like, or will you make more commercial music to be more famous?

Ofcourse I will make one or another darker track, but I always do what I like and I dont focus on darker sound :) I might make commercial sounding tracks and already did with Ellie track Alive. But the focus is not to make that to get famous, but because I like the song im making:) I cant imagine myself doing a track wich I dont like :)
maschine
Producer

Postby Maximumraver » 06 Jun 2012, 21:52

maschine:
Maximumraver:

That track took me long time to make :)

Ah, that means I can finally go on topic with a question :)! Mine is:

Why did the track take long? :) Was it the sound design, or did you not now in which direction you wanted to go with it, or was it something else :)? Also, if you are willing to share it that is, I don't know what DAW you are working in, but I know fruity has a timer that says how long you have been working on a track, what does the timer say for that track :)?

Also, keep up the good work :) You've made a ton of great tracks! :)
Maximumraver (29)
Producer

Postby officialadventum » 06 Jun 2012, 22:04

Masch
i love all your productions since 2007/2008

What is your biggest dream as DJ/Producer , what for gear would you like to buy ?
officialadventum (27)
Producer