Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Nutty T Q&A • Releasing 2nd album 'Sanctum' out NOW

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby atomicoz » 11 Jan 2013, 01:02

Image Official Website Image Discogs Image Facebook Image Twitter Image Lyrics & Free Tracks

While the last Q&A was quite some time ago, it's finally time for a new one, this time with Nutty T!
Open until the 18th of January.

The story of Nutty T
Nutty T (James Brierley) is one DJ/Producer who has been around for quite some time. It was already back in 2005 when he started his very own label Nutty Trance, nowadays known as Nutty Traxx, which has been a statement in the underground scene since that time. In 2009 he released his first album, called "Madness" and on the 14th of January, his second album, called "Sanctum" will be released. Already supported by names like Titan, Luna, DJ Thera, Mark EG, Delete and Sasha F, we can conclude that this album will be a huge success even before its release.

Besides that, the label is still up and running as well, giving home to renowned professionals like Enigmato, Coca and Noisyboy. as well as to some talented youngsters like D-Verze, not to mention the massive list of guest remixers, ranging all the way from Delete and Busho to Da Tweekaz and D-Mind.

A few recent releases on Nutty Traxx
ImageImageImage

Trailer of the upcoming album "Sanctum"

Now ask your questions and Nutty T will respond as quickly as he can!
atomicoz (29)
Founder

Postby Matt » 11 Jan 2013, 01:20

Hi James,

FIrst of all, I really respect what you do and good job with the label, tracks and stuff.

First question : Did you struggle a lot to become what you are now ?
2nd : Is it easy to be a Hardstyle producer in the UK ?
3rd : Which "newcomer" do you like the most ? (Musically speaking)

Thanks ! :)
Matt (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Gino » 11 Jan 2013, 01:29

Therabyte just died. Could you think of having the talented Eyoung or Tiifa at your label?
Pioneer of a new movement
Gino (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Digital Audio Tape » 11 Jan 2013, 01:30

How long did it take you to develop your signature sound? And at what point did you realise, that "this is it", that's something you've been looking for?
Brennan Heart:It's called hardstyle for good reason. It's hard and it's style

aw yiss! My new shiny facebook page!
Digital Audio Tape (29)
Crab

Postby Katsching » 11 Jan 2013, 17:43

Hey James,

you are one of my favourite producers at the moment and so here is my question:
If you became very famous (for any reason) with bookings at the biggest events and so on would you keep your hard hitting style or would you become more commercial to play what the mainstream crowd wants to hear?

And also:

Gino:Therabyte just died. Could you think of having the talented Eyoung or Tiifa at your label?
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (22)
State Hero

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 18:24

Matt:Hi James,

FIrst of all, I really respect what you do and good job with the label, tracks and stuff.

First question : Did you struggle a lot to become what you are now ?
2nd : Is it easy to be a Hardstyle producer in the UK ?
3rd : Which "newcomer" do you like the most ? (Musically speaking)

Thanks ! :)

Thanks mate it means a lot, well i did find it hard at first because I wasn't producing the stuff the UK market was used to.
I sent a couple of tracks to labels that would sign the tracks if I slowed down the tunes or made them into uk hardcore. I didn't really want to change my style at the time. So I then decided to set my own label up in 2005 which was predominantly hardtrance and now its turned more hardstyle.
I wouldn't say its easy to be a hardstyle producer in the uk, because you're never going to get as much attention as the dutch guys, but i've noticed a lot of the UK guys seem to lack originality when it comes to hardstyle theres only a handful of producers that actually are unique.
Newcomer for me is definitely Deetox and Tiifa, also we have some new talent on the label which has impressed me.
Last edited by nuttyt on 12 Jan 2013, 23:07, edited 4 times in total.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 18:29

Gino:Therabyte just died. Could you think of having the talented Eyoung or Tiifa at your label?

It is definitely a possibility, Tiifa is an excellent producer. and I have heard good things about Eyoung.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 18:38

Digital Audio Tape:How long did it take you to develop your signature sound? And at what point did you realise, that "this is it", that's something you've been looking for?

Hmm I don't know because people know the Nutty sound, but I try and do new sounds all the time. So I think my signature sound is in my dark fx, but I am always searching for that new sound, as long as it isn't cheesy lol.
Last edited by nuttyt on 11 Jan 2013, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 18:51

Katsching:Hey James,

you are one of my favourite producers at the moment and so here is my question:
If you became very famous (for any reason) with bookings at the biggest events and so on would you keep your hard hitting style or would you become more commercial to play what the mainstream crowd wants to hear?

Thanks its good to know mate.
Haha I wouldn't change my style for anyone except myself, I will always love the darker harder sounds, I doubt I will ever get bored of them. I got asked to play softer at a large event in the UK but I never did, and I went into the crowd and a group of people came over for a chat and they were so glad I still played the set hard, If youre gonna get booked, you get booked for what you play not how the promoter tells you too.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby loipi » 11 Jan 2013, 19:16

What is your dream and goal as a producer and Dj?

Btw you are one of the best hardstyle producers atm. _O_
loipi (28)
State Native

Postby Dj_Mazzanotti » 11 Jan 2013, 20:20

Why aren't you being booked that much? I don't have seen much parties lately where you are playing at.. Also, what do you think about the hard trance scene going downhill? Could you try to add some releases to the catalogue again to be one of the labels that helps to keep this genre alive? :p

Dj_Mazzanotti (27)
State Native

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 21:07

loipi:What is your dream and goal as a producer and Dj?

Btw you are one of the best hardstyle producers atm. _O_

Thank you
I'll be honest ive always wanted to play Black or Qlimax they're my dream gigs.
Last edited by nuttyt on 11 Jan 2013, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 21:12

Dj_Mazzanotti:Why aren't you being booked that much? I don't have seen much parties lately where you are playing at.. Also, what do you think about the hard trance scene going downhill? Could you try to add some releases to the catalogue again to be one of the labels that helps to keep this genre alive? :p

Things have been quiet recently I had a fair few gigs cancel last year, I only had about 10 or 11 gigs all year.
Theyre picking up again this year though.
Well I have been offered an A&R position for a dutch label which I will be running and putting out a few hardtrance experimental dark tracks out on.
I will also bring my Xtraxx label back after being quiet for a year. We will be doing a fair bit of hardtrance and acid on there.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nerz » 11 Jan 2013, 22:05

who's your favourite hardstyle producer at the moment / of all time?
nerz (27)
State Celebrity

Postby D-Verze » 11 Jan 2013, 22:18

I'm actually curious James, now that people talk about the fact that you don't have that many gigs, do you feel you're underrated? Especially now that Theracords and Spoontech do gain more popularity...
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer