Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Nutty T Q&A • Releasing 2nd album 'Sanctum' out NOW

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby nuttyt » 15 Jan 2013, 23:21

ChristianHardstyle:What do you search in a new talent for your label? Cause i'm making a track with some gated kicks and i'll send a demo to your label :)

Well I do like the darker sounds on the label, I love things that I haven't heard before and unique productions.
I don't like all the copy and paste type things you hear a lot of. If the track is original, unique and catches my ear and is nicely produced I will release it.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby Qz » 16 Jan 2013, 22:07

Why does this site (still) exist? :+
http://www.nuttyt.moonfruit.com/
Qz (26)
State Senior Citizen

Postby nuttyt » 17 Jan 2013, 12:25

Qz:Why does this site (still) exist? :+
http://www.nuttyt.moonfruit.com/

lol that is well old, thats from 2005/06 it might still come up on google but its not available anymore.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby DjVero » 17 Jan 2013, 14:23

I can't remember if this was asked before, but are you at the level (in terms of production quality or maybe even popularity) where you've wanted to be when you started? Was it a 'painful' proces to get there?
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (29)
Crab

Postby nuttyt » 17 Jan 2013, 14:59

DjVero:I can't remember if this was asked before, but are you at the level (in terms of production quality or maybe even popularity) where you've wanted to be when you started? Was it a 'painful' proces to get there?

I think in terms of popularity, i'm never going to be anywhere near as big as the dutch dj's like Zany, Prophet etc, i'd love to be as big, but I produce a more underground sound I think.
In terms of production, I have over 80 releases under different aliases etc and some of my older stuff I think that sounds crap compared to the new stuff. I'm always looking to improve my sound with every track, and a lot of people arent going to like my style, if they did i'd be the best producer in the world lol. I'm just glad that people do like the style I produce and support it. You need to have your own unique style though which you don't see much anymore, especially with UK hardstyle producers. They're always trying to sound like the dutch. Only a handful of uk producers actually have their own sound.
I just hope people keep supporting my style of music.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 17 Jan 2013, 17:05

Do you think your tracks are the same genre as the new mainstream tracks, or mainstream can't be defined hardstyle anymore?
--- Retired producer from Italy who loves reverse bass ---
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (20)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 17 Jan 2013, 19:01

ChristianHardstyle:Do you think your tracks are the same genre as the new mainstream tracks, or mainstream can't be defined hardstyle anymore?

Its all classed as Hardstyle, but I would class Headhunterz, Brennan Heart etc as Mainstream and myself more raw and hard.
I reckon it would be better to categorize the different versions on stores to find what you actually like.

Hardstyle

Raw/Hard:
Donkey Rollers, B-Front, Delete, Nutty T and so on

Mainstream/Nustyle:
Headhunterz, Brennan heart, Noisecontrollers and so on

Reverse:
Swankie DJ & Kashi, Ed ET & DTR and so on

Early:
Classic tracks etc
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby Cardioid » 18 Jan 2013, 00:04

Hi James!
What do you think about forums like this? Do you think that even you still can learn from some noobies like us? (Or perhaps some of us aren't that noobie anymore, but you'll get my point) And do you even spot talents in these forums so now and then?
Cheers, Elmar.
Cardioid (29)
State Native

Postby nuttyt » 18 Jan 2013, 00:20

Nonkovic:Hi James!
What do you think about forums like this? Do you think that even you still can learn from some noobies like us? (Or perhaps some of us aren't that noobie anymore, but you'll get my point) And do you even spot talents in these forums so now and then?
Cheers, Elmar.

I do really enjoy forums like this, as a producer you learn new things all the time I do actually like some of the topics regarding sound design because I have done a fair few soundbanks for vsts like Sylenth, Vstation, Pro 53 & Z3ta. Im quite a whizz on vsts like this, but i'm still trying to get up to scratch with other vsts like Massive etc, which i'm coming on quite nicely but its still good to see what others come up with to advance my knowledge of vsts like this.
I dont really have as much time too browse the tune section, but sometimes I have a look now and again.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby Azrael » 18 Jan 2013, 02:40

Ok, It has been a week now. Thanks everyone who participated and thank you Nutty for taking time to answer the questions.
Azrael (31)
Founder