Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Nutty T Q&A • Releasing 2nd album 'Sanctum' out NOW

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby icey » 11 Jan 2013, 22:39

When can we see you at Bionic again? What's the story there, everybody I speak to wants you to play again?

What's happened to Gated-Kicks? Why dont we hear them much anymore. Something you regularly use in your tracks :)

That collab with Vaz & Del, was it a one-off for the album or could there be more in future?

When will the collab with Thera FINALLY happen! Everyone wants it(Pieter;)
icey (29)
State Hero

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 22:43

nerz:who's your favourite hardstyle producer at the moment / of all time?

For me its definitely Southstylers
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 23:14

Darycka:I'm actually curious James, now that people talk about the fact that you don't have that many gigs, do you feel you're underrated? Especially now that Theracords and Spoontech do gain more popularity...

I'm not too sure because back in 2008/09 i was getting around 30-40 gigs a year, plus I only really released 5-6 tracks last year and most of those were remixes for other labels so I havent really done much approx 11 gigs I did in 2012 compared to 2008/09 that is shocking, we will be doing an Album Tour and hopefully getting an Australian tour on the go.
I've noticed a lot of promoters in the UK, only want to book overseas names or upcoming djs that will sell tickets for the events and will play for free, and a lot of UK names have been pushed to one side. Nutty Traxx, Theracords and Spoontech are releasing the harder stuff so we all have different fans from different sources, not everyone is going to like Nutty Traxx releases, and would probably go to Spoontech or Theracords and vice versa, so I wouldn't really compare our labels, we've all had major success in different fields, but i'm just glad it's our 3 labels that people are talking about when it comes to the harder stuff.
Last edited by nuttyt on 12 Jan 2013, 04:09, edited 5 times in total.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 23:23

icey:When can we see you at Bionic again? What's the story there, everybody I speak to wants you to play again?

What's happened to Gated-Kicks? Why dont we hear them much anymore. Something you regularly use in your tracks :)

That collab with Vaz & Del, was it a one-off for the album or could there be more in future?

When will the collab with Thera FINALLY happen! Everyone wants it(Pieter;)

I don't know with Bionic, it is definitely a good event.
I love gated kicks there will be plenty of these kicks coming up on the labels.
Also on the label I will be running in the Netherlands.
Well me and Delete chat a lot and Vaz & Delete support a lot of my tracks and I support a lot of theirs, so maybe in the future nothing is set in stone though.
With regards to Thera i'm not entirely sure but never say never.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby Vicious » 11 Jan 2013, 23:28

If you were stuck on a desert island and could only listen to 3 hardstyle songs what would they be?
Vicious
State Hero

Postby nuttyt » 11 Jan 2013, 23:29

Vicious:If you were stuck on a desert island and could only listen to 3 hardstyle songs what would they be?

Southstylers - Wraow
Zatox - Overdose
Nutty T - Finding God (Acid Mix)
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby VOL-E » 12 Jan 2013, 02:11

Little bit offtopic here, question not about production/music/gigs :p

As I know UK loves football, so what is your favourite team? Do you have a free time to go on the stadium to watch some games? :)
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby nuttyt » 12 Jan 2013, 03:52

VOL-E:Little bit offtopic here, question not about production/music/gigs :p

As I know UK loves football, so what is your favourite team? Do you have a free time to go on the stadium to watch some games? :)

Haha i'll be honest I dont bother with football, out of all the teams though I support Doncaster Rovers lol my home team.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby Vicious » 12 Jan 2013, 08:47

i'll ask another if it's still going :) What do you think about the bigger labels like Fusion, Scantraxx, DWX etc? Are you enjoying any of the stuff they do these days?
Vicious
State Hero

Postby Jonas » 12 Jan 2013, 14:30

If you had to experiment and combine hardstyle + another genre into one track, what genre would you chose (except for Hard Trance, way to obvious ;) )
Big up :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (19)
State Hero

Postby nuttyt » 12 Jan 2013, 18:36

Vicious:i'll ask another if it's still going :) What do you think about the bigger labels like Fusion, Scantraxx, DWX etc? Are you enjoying any of the stuff they do these days?

DWX and Scantraxx are a bit too cheesy for me if im honest, I do like some of the Fusion releases I think Zany, Donkey Rollers and B-front do some mad stuff.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 12 Jan 2013, 18:37

Hawl:If you had to experiment and combine hardstyle + another genre into one track, what genre would you chose (except for Hard Trance, way to obvious ;) )
Big up :)

I know i've done it before, but I love combining dark classical pieces into hardstyle.
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby Darycka » 15 Jan 2013, 16:04

Can you perhaps tell a bit of the stories behind the tracks on Sanctum? :)
50% of D-Verze

Image Image Image Image
Darycka (24)
Producer

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 15 Jan 2013, 22:16

What do you search in a new talent for your label? Cause i'm making a track with some gated kicks and i'll send a demo to your label :)
I like diversity and reverse bass.
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (20)
Producer

Postby nuttyt » 15 Jan 2013, 23:16

Darycka:Can you perhaps tell a bit of the stories behind the tracks on Sanctum? :)

Well I wanted something different & unique to suit all tastes, not just for one particular audience.
The tracks are basically a combination of Hardtrance, Hardstyle, Raw, and I even went back to my roots with the oldskool hardcore track, so I think there are tracks on this album for everyone.
nuttyt (34)
Producer