Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Interview Alive At Night with Mandy - Tackling online hate like a boss: catching up with MANDY

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby leeroy » 26 May 2015, 16:37

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby Maximumraver » 26 May 2015, 17:07

Basically what ceero, RPGWiZaRD and Vicious said.
Maximumraver (29)
Producer

Postby SCH » 26 May 2015, 18:39

Peacekeeper:
DjPractice:who cares......let Mandy do what she wants to do and if it irritates you, well you need to work harder. sorry.

what irritates me is the discussion about sexual discrimination ...

What irritates me is the 'suck dick to the top'

Below the belt joke: We all know that's Stephanies job :+

Show spoiler
Activa->SAIFAM->Scantraxx
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Gracio » 26 May 2015, 18:54

Tritta:
DirtyTok:Korsakoff is so much hotter though

I think they're on the same level :P

Stephanie's quite hot too and Deetox is more cute than hot imo :P

Show spoiler
Let's make a thread for this _O_

Anna (Kyara) is still the Hottest! #fact

FIFA World Cup Winner 2014: Germany
Harderstate World Cup Prediction Champion!!!
Gracio (29)
Crab

Postby Emre » 26 May 2015, 19:18

Gracio:
Tritta:
DirtyTok:Korsakoff is so much hotter though

I think they're on the same level :P

Stephanie's quite hot too and Deetox is more cute than hot imo :P

Show spoiler
Let's make a thread for this _O_

Anna (Kyara) is still the Hottest! #fact

True that yup!
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby DirtyTok » 26 May 2015, 19:44

ooooooooooohh hell NO brotherz
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (24)
State Hero

Postby maestro » 26 May 2015, 20:10

Bomberz:Who doesn't think she's hot? :lol:

I don't think she's hot, maybe if I was wasted.
Show events im attending
Intents Festival 2015
Tomorrowland 2015 - 10P friendship!
Decibel Outdoor 2015
Q-base 2015
maestro (23)
State Newcomer

Postby Bomberz » 26 May 2015, 20:34

I think this is the time to create a new topic:
Fapstate: Who's the hottest hardstyle DJ?

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby Nightstalker » 26 May 2015, 20:45

Guys plox on topic
and we have already a topic about talking hot girls :p
offtopic-f24/babes-topic-t29387.html?hilit=girl

AUSTRIA (Not Australia )
There is always time for SCHNITZEL & BEER!!!
Nightstalker (27)
Beer Mod

Postby Statical » 26 May 2015, 21:15

-topic devolves into hottest DJ thread-

Show spoiler
Daymar is cutest, fight me brah

Going to try and get this back on track here, especially since I think the gender bit was focused on way too much. That was the easiest aspect to lean on for good press in the interview which is why that was highlighted rather than the production questions. Obviously she didn't deserve any of the rude comments about her gender, surely we can all agree on that.
However I still strongly believe the backlash would have been the same for a male artist in the exact same position she got tossed into. While it is true that there are artists in the hardstyle scene who are ghost-produced with far less complaints, that's more so because their act had been carefully crafted to avoid this kind of nonsense.
There was hardly any effort put into covering this up or marketing it properly. Straight to main label with zero previous tracks? That's going to set off so many ghost alarms in people.

Peacekeeper: give that girl 1-2 years small gigs, dwx rookie lable and don't "inflate" her appereance... let her grow and become accepted before making it really big.. well now it is to late but this is just marketing-basics; a little market research and A LOT OF COMMON SENSE. Good idea, stupid timing and an even worse measure schedule)

Really like what Peacekeeper said overall, but this paragraph in particular touches on my main gripe regarding the horrible planning. Work her into the rookie label, give her some free track releases, build up a more distinct identity and image for them, don't inflate them THIS fast to the point where it's blatantly obvious. If a ghost-produced act is crafted well enough to where I can't tell if it is or not, I can't complain.

TheAscendant:
Statical:So all very well done there. But will I support her music? Still no sorry.

Why? Just curious to read your reasoning...

Because of reasons stated above.
Statical (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby The Ascendant » 26 May 2015, 23:21

It has been really interesting reading this conversation develop from a PR/Marketing standpoint.
I hope other labels take note, mainly to try and avoid something like this in the future.
They say bad press is good press, and she might of gotten bookings out of it, but she is a human-being not a marketing object with no emotion.
The Ascendant (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Ryanx0r » 28 May 2015, 00:00

Statical:-topic devolves into hottest DJ thread-

Show spoiler
Daymar is cutest, fight me brah

Going to try and get this back on track here, especially since I think the gender bit was focused on way too much. That was the easiest aspect to lean on for good press in the interview which is why that was highlighted rather than the production questions. Obviously she didn't deserve any of the rude comments about her gender, surely we can all agree on that.
However I still strongly believe the backlash would have been the same for a male artist in the exact same position she got tossed into. While it is true that there are artists in the hardstyle scene who are ghost-produced with far less complaints, that's more so because their act had been carefully crafted to avoid this kind of nonsense.
There was hardly any effort put into covering this up or marketing it properly. Straight to main label with zero previous tracks? That's going to set off so many ghost alarms in people.

Peacekeeper: give that girl 1-2 years small gigs, dwx rookie lable and don't "inflate" her appereance... let her grow and become accepted before making it really big.. well now it is to late but this is just marketing-basics; a little market research and A LOT OF COMMON SENSE. Good idea, stupid timing and an even worse measure schedule)

Well, she signed to DWX Update (which is the "breeding ground" for talents). Most move out of that after about a year, or earlier if they're really doing a good job - much like Cyber, Sylence and Sephyx have done.
The interview also states that she has been doing smaller bookings (mostly in Belgium) for a good 2 years or so.

As far as I can tell, there was absolutely no covering up. In the initial press release (when the announcement was made), the label even said she'd be the face of "Mandy". Most people don't read, which set off a juicy discussion.
I'm sure the label knew exactly what would happen and that everything would have kicked off online. Maybe not as hefty as it was, but still. They've been in the scene since the beginning, so they'd know what risks can be taken. And besides, a bit of a stir can't hurt.
Ryanx0r
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles