Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Interview Alive At Night with Mandy - Tackling online hate like a boss: catching up with MANDY

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby RPGWiZaRD » 26 May 2015, 08:52

That interview is heavily angled from making her the victim and resolving around sexual unequality.

OK, then I shall bring up what really fuels the fire in this matter:

1. DJ'ing takes nowhere the same amount skill and talent and experience as producing hardstyle tracks
2. The only way new guys can make it to DWX is to be able to produce exceptionally well, a very very small portion of producers will ever reach that level, less than 1%
3. Hardstyle is among the most technically difficult genre to produce due to the distorted kicks and screeches and complex layered synths etc which usually takes at least around 3 years of intense producing before producers start to get a good hang of but takes like minimum around 4-5 years of producing experience to get into a label like DWX assuming you produce at least couple of hrs a day in average

What I'd like to ask Mandy is:

Do you think it's fair that you get signed and shortcut'd to DWX based on your sex/looks and DJ skills?

I can also be sneaky like she appeared to be in this intereview and throw her feminist thinking upside-down and ask, why aren't girls prepared to put down the same amount of time into producing? Is it fair that others have to work harder to achieve something? :)

-------------

I've been chatting a lot with Cyber since a couple of years and I know how much it takes to get signed to such labels especially when you don't have any contacts. Cyber has produced for maybe 4 or so years now which is in the shortest end of spectrum to get to such levels but that's because he's been producing pretty much day and nights for several years (sometimes I got some samples in the morning when I had woke up and he was still producing :p), it's really the case of being married to the music.

He was also rejected a couple of times, at times it felt like you had to become a HHZ 2.0 (I'm talking of HHZ 2007-2010) to get signed under his kinda conditions living in a small HS country like Switzerland and being on your own. But this has pushed him as a producer and he didn't give up.
Last edited by RPGWiZaRD on 26 May 2015, 09:24, edited 2 times in total.
RPGWiZaRD (31)
State Celebrity

Postby DirtyTok » 26 May 2015, 09:07

RPGWiZaRD:That interview is heavily angled from making her the victim and resolving around sexual unequality.

OK, then I shall bring up what really fuels the fire in this matter:

1. DJ'ing takes nowhere the same amount skill and talent and experience as producing hardstyle tracks
2. The only way new guys can make it to DWX is to be able to produce exceptionally well, a very very small portion of producers will ever reach that level, less than 1%
3. Hardstyle is among the most technically difficult genre to produce due to the distorted kicks and screeches and complex layered synths etc which usually takes at least around 3 years of intense producing before producers start to get a good hang of but takes like minimum around 4-5 years of producing experience to get into a label like DWX assuming you produce at least couple of hrs a day in average

What I'd like to ask Mandy is:

Do you think it's fair that you get signed and shortcut'd to DWX based on your sex/looks and DJ skills?

Pretty much this. Its what i also meant but to lazy to write
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (24)
State Hero

Postby RPGWiZaRD » 26 May 2015, 09:37

DirtyTok:Pretty much this. Its what i also meant but to lazy to write

And this is how I spend my idletime during office hrs to make long responses I wouldn't care for doing at home. :P ;D
RPGWiZaRD (31)
State Celebrity

Postby Peacekeeper » 26 May 2015, 11:34

First of all: no hate for mandy!!! for me: a little girl following everyones dream is not worth to send out ANY hate. a "congrats" is enough guys and girls ;-)

besides of that a little tought about the shitstorm handling AND evaluation. oh and some causes, so enjoy-comment-discuss-hate my little feuilleton style answer:

I have to admit, i do not get all the "sexual discrimination" cr*p. sounds like a stupid excuse for taking the marketing-orientated acts (with the "branding-war"-industrialisation of "hardstyle") a bit too far.
(personal thought: some young Marketing-Bachelors try to influence the scene without common sense :D. short: Product management without a single bit of market knowledge.)

The point is, if it was a male, the internet troll would be pissed aswell. but isn't it sexual discrimination if a person was chosen for her gender and not for anything personal but the need of profiling herself. (personal thought: well if you chose a female for being a female and not a good musician... deal with it that other will judge her 100% the same.)

and to refute the "sexual discrimination"-cr*p completely: dear author of the article. i have to agree with you in some points but need to mention, you have got a big problem with your memories.
I think the Blutonium Boy-shit storm was way more than this. and guess... HE IS A MALE AND WAS ACCEPTED. i can tell you he hides behind stupid phrases and lives in his own world if this does not affect him; if it doesn't hurt him.(personal thought: who the heck wants to create a ghost produced act after the blutonium boy discussion is not a 100% over jet? give that girl 1-2 years small gigs, dwx rookie lable and don't "inflate" her appereance... let her grow and become accepted before making it really big.. well now it is to late but this is just marketing-basics; a little market research and A LOT OF COMMON SENSE. Good idea, stupid timing and an even worse measure schedule)

they do have one similarity: it is a shitstorm about an artist.
there is one difference to hating people for their music. If you hate someones music, the reputation can easily be restored. this one is about hating people because of their personal decisions.It sadly the hate hits the wrong person. i mean mandy is just 17 (!!!!). of course she took the opinion because she (like mostly every dj/producer) wanted some success, fame (well the dj lifestyle is not the worst). But a reputation based on image but not products ... if this becomes a valid argument (which can become so pretty quick) ... hmm i guess the industry fucked up itself by industrialising too fast.

(personal thought well, i hope that all the male-acts who get ghost produced will not be recognised because this could really lead to a disempowerment of the current organisations who lead and steer the hard dance scene. if this kind of shitstorms (i do not support them but i can understand them) become fashion (huh... blutonium, mandy, sylence (ok, not a shitstorm but a little smelly breeze))... this might be a rough time for a lot of artists. and it is even worse if you notice, the hate is not about your music (ex. headhunterz) but your personality or a decision you made...)

finally: I wish EVERYONE luck with achieving their own dreams. It is really hard work (well for most...) to get recognized (hardstyle-scene small? easy to get recognised? hmm somehow this stops when you have a dick... but that's another topic for another day). but i would have taken the opportunity as well if some one would choose me for just my appearance over my personal skills... or would i? this is now the question every hater should answer for himself... would you be happy with this kind of business-relationship? if no, you have the right to speech free and tell your thoughts about this issue without personal insulting but you actually SHOULD (not "would" as some idiots say; the right word is so important sometimes...) be busy creating emotion in mp3. if yes... well then just stop crying because someone who thinks 100% as you has done 100% the same as you would have done.

additional: as a marketeer I try to look at it as objective as possible. i noticed: IMPOSSIBLE! :D

EDIT: well after reading it once again... little theoretical mind-play i did: if someone hates my music: "well i created it, it is 100% what i want to do but it is okay because they do not hate ME for being myself. they hate me for not hitting their taste. my bad... i don't fuck**ng care as long as i like what i do"
but what if a brand represents a personal decision? "i could not say this does not affect me because it is a bigger thing if some one hates you for the personality you mirrored by making several decisions than for a kick or a melody you choose/create." just a thought...
Peacekeeper (26)
State Tourist

Postby DjPractice » 26 May 2015, 12:04

who cares......let Mandy do what she wants to do and if it irritates you, well you need to work harder. sorry.
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby Peacekeeper » 26 May 2015, 12:05

DjPractice:who cares......let Mandy do what she wants to do and if it irritates you, well you need to work harder. sorry.

what irritates me is the discussion about sexual discrimination ...
Peacekeeper (26)
State Tourist

Postby leeroy » 26 May 2015, 13:21

nerz:she's hot. +

i think she's hot too
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby Bomberz » 26 May 2015, 13:39

Who doesn't think she's hot? :lol:
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby ceero » 26 May 2015, 14:50