Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Harderstate interviews Nikkita

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby MKN » 20 Jul 2010, 20:02

you should read the other posts dude, there's a lot of answers already to your questions
MKN (23)
Producer

Postby nikkita » 21 Jul 2010, 19:47

Double-T:Hello Nikkita :)
First of all, I gotta say that (contrary to you haha) I really love your voice and I like almost of all the projects you've been working on (especially Zatox's EP with both songs ; Viper & Endymion with Sanity and Kasparov with project Hardcore _O_ )

Thanks! :D I noticed you asked some duplicate questions, but you also asked some ones that aren't asked yet so I will answer those for you. :)

- Is Nikkita your real name (H) ? If no, can we know how your friends are used to name you ? :)

Nikkita is my real name. I wanted to choose an artist name, but I haven't really used a stage name since I was 12 years old. So I just use my first name for everything now, haha.

- I read in the older posts that you are married ? :'( No just kidding ^^ I just wanted to ask if your husband also is in the harder styles ? Meaning by this question, is he also listening to this kind of music ? :)

Haha :P You'll be surprised to hear this, but he's not really in to harder music. He's more of a classic rock fan -- like the Beatles, CCR, Bob Dylan... but he's sort of taking a shining to some electro and house. However, I show him what I'm working on all the time, and he shows it to people he works with and he's still proud and supportive of what I do. :)

- Have you already been out for a drink (or something else) with a fan [friends counted out] ?

Sort of! To be honest, I'm a friendly person. There's quite a few friends I have who started out as fans of me, or who I met through music stuff. Sometimes when people are in the area and send me a message, if I'm familiar with them or know them I'll go and meet with them.

- Have you already been considering becoming a MC for some big hardstyle festival and by this personify the first woman that would handle this role ?

Actually, I believe there is a female MC who came around after I did -- her name is MC Linez. She's holding down the fort as a great MC for those events. I have a lot of respect for her -- she holds her ground, and she is a genuinely nice person. :)

I would love to MC at some events, though, because hey I'm a vocalist... it's in my nature to be in front of the mic. :P

- What are you all-time favourite songs ? :D

Tatanka - Borderline
Tat & Zat - Gangsta
The Pitcher - I Just Can't Stop
Abba Gabba - Riot Nation (Speedfreak Remix)
Radium & Lenny Dee - Headbanger Boogie
Neophyte & Lenny Dee - Future Priest of Now
Art of Fighters - Artwork

Non-hard*

Everclear - When it all goes wrong again
Bush - Machine Head
Matthew Good Band - Grey Street
Children of Bodom - Kissing the Shadows
Sonata Arctica - Wolf & Raven
Storm - Oppi Fjellet
Spirit of the West - Home for a Rest
The Pogues - Turkish Song of the Damned
Hithouse - Jack to the Sound of the Underground

And oh boy... the list goes on. :)

- Who with did you have the best experience (as a vocalist of course ;D)

I'd have to say Zatox, Michel Pollen, and Endymion. They are great people. :)

- When are you comming to France ? (A)

We'll be country-neighbours soon! I'm moving to England. I'm definitely going to be checking out the french countryside ;D

Thanks for answering my questions _O_
Good luck for the future ! I hope you'll stay in the harder scene for a long time :)
Bye bye !

From France, with love :)

Thanks so much for asking them! I really appreciate it. :)
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Kedde » 21 Jul 2010, 20:40

nikkita:I would love to MC at some events, though, because hey I'm a vocalist... it's in my nature to be in front of the mic. :P

now that would be sweet!! _O_
Kedde (25)
Producer

Postby Double-T » 21 Jul 2010, 23:01

Thanks again for answering my questions ;) And when you're comming to France ; mail me ! I'd love to make you visit Strasbourg which is a beautiful city :)
Would be soo cool to see a future MC Nikkita :D
Double-T's I am Hardwell - United We Are Video Report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ8SmupkwaA
Double-T (24)
Baguette Baguette!

Postby arder-arderstyle » 11 Dec 2010, 00:59

I can feel the cold hand of death, and the end drawing near..
I've seen gods of the men, and all which they fear..

Sing to me songs of the darkness
Farewell to heaven, my friend
Come to me, bury your sorrow
Temptation await the condemned

great lyrics did u write them?
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (26)
State Celebrity

Postby nikkita » 11 Dec 2010, 04:57

@arder, thank you and yes I did :)
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Baryshx » 11 Dec 2010, 15:43

fuckingTurkish melody really :) :fist: and cool Interview ;)
Baryshx (34)
State Celebrity

Postby ProtoType » 27 Dec 2010, 18:35

you are amazing!
that demo is awsome, and funny too :)

I have ATM just one question, Do you want to become a producer, or are you staying a vocalist
( it thought of thisquestion because you can learn from the masters(Zatox, Pitcher))

PS: do you wan't to do a vocal for my new track? :facepalm: xD
ProtoType
State Outsider

Postby nikkita » 27 Dec 2010, 18:41

ProtoType:you are amazing!
that demo is awsome, and funny too :)

I have ATM just one question, Do you want to become a producer, or are you staying a vocalist
( it thought of thisquestion because you can learn from the masters(Zatox, Pitcher))

PS: do you wan't to do a vocal for my new track? :facepalm: xD

Thank you!

I do produce + arrangements :) People know me as only a vocalist, though, for now. I'm working hard to learn, but unfortunately vocals and also writing for others always took up a majority of my time. However, I'm out of commission for vocals for the next few months, so I've been putting time and effort in to producing more independently/writing for my own project/etc.

I've also gotten a little bit closer to my agency dream, so I'll be able to facilitate vocal work from other/new vocal artists to producers and continue writing the text/etc myself.
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby SpiRiT` » 27 Dec 2010, 18:59

Hi Nikkita :)
Just a short question:
How come your name sometimes is in the trackname and sometimes it's not?
E.G.
Zatox & Nikkita - Poltergeist
whilst it is Tat & Zat - Loops 'N Things..

both have your vocals, but your name is not in the Loops 'N Things trackname!
SpiRiT` (24)
State Celebrity

Postby ProtoType » 27 Dec 2010, 19:19

Thanks for the fast reply,
I heard some stuff of you on soundclog(or somhing :+ ) a good kick there I was wondeng is that you first hardstyle track you produced?

Good luck with your agency ;)
ProtoType
State Outsider

Postby nikkita » 28 Dec 2010, 20:13

In the beginning I got screwed over quite a bit with regards to getting credited. I wasn't very familiar with etiquette, and I tended to take a lot of people's word for it. Usually, I wouldn't find out I wasn't credited on certain things I should have been credited on until I'd go to Midtown and see my name nowhere, or go to discogs and my name would not be up there, or even worse, when I see an interview with the producer taking credit. This happened for a few years; luckily, it's stopped now, especially since I've built up relationships with certain producers and pretty much stick to working with them nearly exclusively.

Now-a-days, it is a bit different. I prefer to put my name on something I was actively involved in -- whether it is writing + vocals, and more. At this point, I tend not to put my name in the title of things I recorded, but did not write. I put my name only on things I wrote + record. I put my part of the work in to it, it's only fair to be recognized. In other situations, when a text is provided to me only (as was the case with Loops & Things), or if it's just a really small text, like one line (like Strength & Fury), I'll do it without a featuring credit, just a small thank you is enough. :)

Another thing I have realised as well, is that I can literally do 500 tracks in one year, with 500 different producers, and if all 500 of those became a hit, nobody would complain about me "being everywhere!" if they don't know it is me. But the minute I'm "ft Nikkita" on 3 tracks, suddenly I'm overused. :P I find it funny haha.
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Phil inFamous » 22 Apr 2011, 13:06

where are your Facebook Accounts?!
did you deleted them?
Phil inFamous (30)
State Celebrity

Postby nikkita » 22 Apr 2011, 16:42

No, for some reason, Facebook disabled my account... :/

I don't know why, I didn't get a notification or anything.

I hope it will be resolved soon.
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Phil inFamous » 22 Apr 2011, 17:15

pauw!
both, your private & artist. thats not fair o_O
Phil inFamous (30)
State Celebrity