Harderstate interviews Nikkita

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby nikkita » 23 Jun 2010, 20:01

Thanks! :)
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Kedde » 25 Jun 2010, 16:31

nikkita:For an example of what my old character demo (from 2008) sounds like, you can take a look at it here:

http://soundcloud.com/nikkita_b/nikkita-animation-demo

:)

Quite awesome I must say! Really like your voice :)
Kedde (25)
Producer

Postby Kodex » 26 Jun 2010, 14:40

great interview, really interesting to read! :)
Kodex (28)
Producer

Postby Raw.Profile » 26 Jun 2010, 16:35

respect nikkita, for doing this interview!

1 question, can we expect a new release with a hardstyle producer wich isn't announced yet in the near future? :O
Raw.Profile (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby nikkita » 26 Jun 2010, 17:33

Alterz:respect nikkita, for doing this interview!

1 question, can we expect a new release with a hardstyle producer wich isn't announced yet in the near future? :O

You can expect some new releases, of course! :) Some in hardstyle, and some in hardcore. I can't give really many details yet as everything is still in the works, but I'm doing a pretty big project for myself and trying to involve as many of my "I want to work with you" list as possible. :)
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Dakpan » 26 Jun 2010, 19:40

Is it your voice in Tat & Zat - Loops And Things?
Dakpan (25)
State Celebrity

Postby nikkita » 26 Jun 2010, 20:58

Dakpan:Is it your voice in Tat & Zat - Loops And Things?

Yep, indeed it is :)
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby MKN » 26 Jun 2010, 21:22

I don't think this has been asked but, Have you ever thought about going on X Factor or Britain's got Talent or something like that? I think simon cowell would like you :p
MKN (23)
Producer

Postby nikkita » 27 Jun 2010, 02:00

MKN:I don't think this has been asked but, Have you ever thought about going on X Factor or Britain's got Talent or something like that? I think simon cowell would like you :p

Haha, I think he'll hate me because I don't have that R&B style voice he seems to love! :P

I'm just gonna stick to my lil' underground niche. I'm happier in places where I can be honest and human. :)
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Joel » 27 Jun 2010, 02:46

Hello (:
Just wanted to ask something: Have you ever worked with House producers?
And if not, would you ever like to? :D
Joel
State Celebrity

Postby nikkita » 27 Jun 2010, 15:17

xjo3lx09:Hello (:

Yep, I've worked with Muzikjunky and I have my own progressive house project called "Mistigris" where we release on Flashover Recordings :) I also do sassy/bitchy electro too with Mat Weasel Busters as "Keewix & Nikkita"
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Joel » 27 Jun 2010, 22:38

nikkita:

Yep, I've worked with Muzikjunky and I have my own progressive house project called "Mistigris" where we release on Flashover Recordings :) I also do sassy/bitchy electro too with Mat Weasel Busters as "Keewix & Nikkita"

Wow! I heard some of your tracks with your Mistigris project and i loveee the tracks! (L)
Beautiful voice! You should come to the states and work with the House producers.
Your voice is just right for the tribal and underground scene here :D
Joel
State Celebrity

Postby nikkita » 29 Jun 2010, 20:10

xjo3lx09:
nikkita:

Wow! I heard some of your tracks with your Mistigris project and i loveee the tracks! (L)
Beautiful voice! You should come to the states and work with the House producers.
Your voice is just right for the tribal and underground scene here :D

Thanks! :D

Yeah, I really like underground music, because I find it's always "ahead of the time"... I hear stuff on the radio today that people think is so "innovative", and I think to myself... wait a minute, I heard this exact style of music years ago coming from Ed Banger Records/etc!

I think I'd rather be an innovator for a modest income than someone famous and rich if it means I'm "behind in the times" I guess.
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Joel » 30 Jun 2010, 16:20

Those are exactly my thoughts :D
Around here in NYC most people liked Hip/Hop & Rap but finally underground House is finally becoming
very popular as well. And just the same as you, i hear the same underground style on the radio that i
always listened before it became popular, and it also make me feel "ahead of my times."
Hopefully the same happens with Hardstyle and it becomes popular around here too ;)
Joel
State Celebrity

Postby Double-T » 20 Jul 2010, 19:34

Hello Nikkita :)
First of all, I gotta say that (contrary to you haha) I really love your voice and I like almost of all the projects you've been working on (especially Zatox's EP with both songs ; Viper & Endymion with Sanity and Kasparov with project Hardcore _O_ )

A few questions for you =)

- Is Nikkita your real name (H) ? If no, can we know how your friends are used to name you ? :)

- When I take the example of Poltergeist : Did Zatox give you the melody to sing on or did he produce his song out of your the melody or the rythm you sang on in the first place ?

- When a producer asks for you to sing for one of his/her future song, are you meeting him or are you just recording your voice in your own personal studio (if you have one) ?

- I read in the older posts that you are married ? :'( No just kidding ^^ I just wanted to ask if your husband also is in the harder styles ? Meaning by this question, is he also listening to this kind of music ? :)

- Have you already been out for a drink (or something else) with a fan [friends counted out] ?

- Have you already been considering becoming a MC for some big hardstyle festival and by this personify the first woman that would handle this role ?

- What are you all-time favourite songs ? :D

- Who with did you have the best experience (as a vocalist of course ;D)

- When are you comming to France ? (A)

Thanks for answering my questions _O_
Good luck for the future ! I hope you'll stay in the harder scene for a long time :)
Bye bye !

From France, with love :)
Double-T's I am Hardwell - United We Are Video Report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ8SmupkwaA
Double-T (24)
Baguette Baguette!