Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Arkaine Q&A - Best Upcoming Artist 2011

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Arkaine » 15 Feb 2012, 07:24

Synthsoldier:Congrats on making it guys, haha.
Got any general production tips? :)

Thnx,

A tip?
Just try to improve your quality every track you make, make sort of a game out of it haha so that you wanna win every time. thats the way to get better, to just make tracks instead of 100 kicks every week ;)

oh another useful tip, put your tracks on YouTube! there you get some comments and people following you, wich is fun :P
Arkaine (23)
Producer

Postby ljk32 » 15 Feb 2012, 08:22

Firstly, Universe Of Light is one of my favourite tracks.
And secondly, when producing, a lot of the time I will get a melody or an intro going, but then I will get discouraged because I can never get a kick or something sounding right. Do you advise to just keep making tracks that aren't that great, even if I am not completely satisfied, or don't continue until I have made it sounding exactly how I want? Also, you mentioned that recreating is really helpful, as I am still learning, would you advise making complete tracks, or just keep remaking for the time being?
Thanks so much in advanced :D.
ljk32 (21)
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 15 Feb 2012, 11:09

Because we "normal" people don't have any informations about the structure of a label I wanted to ask which things need to be done for releasing a track!?

I guess firstly you guys produced a track, for example fear no more, and then what?
Do you send it in to scantraxx? Who decides if its gonna be released? I don't think its dov alone isn't it?
And does the label give you some kinds of suggestion how a track should sound like or is it completely your own decision how you make a track?
Because I got no imagination of the influence of a label whatsoever...
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (24)
Producer

Postby Shadow Interaction » 15 Feb 2012, 15:24

Maneki Neko:Who decides if its gonna be released? I don't think its dov alone isn't it?

Scantraxx/Hardstyle.com is managed by Dov and Rudy Peters (derroedy) :)
- Pithune / Shadow Interaction / Tensphoria / Mass Vibrant -

https://www.facebook.com/DjPithune
http://www.soundcloud.com/PithuneMedia

Shadow Interaction (29)
Producer

Postby MRK » 15 Feb 2012, 19:28

Hey guys. I love your tracks. I consider 'Voice of Desire' as one of the best your tracks. Near Zatox and Wasted Penguinz I listen you guys the most.

And one question for you. How long did you spend on practising to make tracks like that? I really want to know how much time profesionnals spend to be professional ;)
MRK (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Neko » 15 Feb 2012, 20:09

Pithune:
Maneki Neko:Who decides if its gonna be released? I don't think its dov alone isn't it?

Scantraxx/Hardstyle.com is managed by Dov and Rudy Peters (derroedy) :)

Only 2 guys? Can't be objective imo!?
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (24)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 15 Feb 2012, 20:41

ljk32:Firstly, Universe Of Light is one of my favourite tracks.
And secondly, when producing, a lot of the time I will get a melody or an intro going, but then I will get discouraged because I can never get a kick or something sounding right. Do you advise to just keep making tracks that aren't that great, even if I am not completely satisfied, or don't continue until I have made it sounding exactly how I want? Also, you mentioned that recreating is really helpful, as I am still learning, would you advise making complete tracks, or just keep remaking for the time being?
Thanks so much in advanced :D.

Thnx!
If the kicks don't work, than you know what to improve haha. I know its really hard but if you put effort in it it will be better in time, in this stage i don't think you can gets exactly what you want so yhea, you just need to continue at a point i think..
You could remake parts of tracks to understand them better, remaking whole tracks isn't a good idea :P would take ages to recreate!
Arkaine (23)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 15 Feb 2012, 20:43

Maneki Neko:Because we "normal" people don't have any informations about the structure of a label I wanted to ask which things need to be done for releasing a track!?

I guess firstly you guys produced a track, for example fear no more, and then what?
Do you send it in to scantraxx? Who decides if its gonna be released? I don't think its dov alone isn't it?
And does the label give you some kinds of suggestion how a track should sound like or is it completely your own decision how you make a track?
Because I got no imagination of the influence of a label whatsoever...

We send the finished track to Scantraxx then the Music Manager is going to listen to it, he gives us some feedback and we try to improve it at the best, he only gives feedback on technical stuff, we are totally free in creativity. after that its going to be mastered and released, very simple :)
Arkaine (23)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 15 Feb 2012, 20:44

MRK:Hey guys. I love your tracks. I consider 'Voice of Desire' as one of the best your tracks. Near Zatox and Wasted Penguinz I listen you guys the most.

And one question for you. How long did you spend on practising to make tracks like that? I really want to know how much time profesionnals spend to be professional ;)

I think we spend 2-3 years practicing at a regular base, we made some shit before but i don't think that is really considered as practicing haha more making fun :P
Arkaine (23)
Producer

Postby Colorblind » 16 Feb 2012, 02:37

how would you go about for finding your own unique style?
Colorblind (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Crypehead » 16 Feb 2012, 10:03

Hi! I'm just having a short question:

How exactly did you guys when you turned from being less professional to really professional? When and how did the big "break" come? 'Cause I think many producers deserves to be discovered, but what is the way to be "discovered"? Joining labels, gaining subscribers or what? How did you guys do? (Great music btw )
_O_
Subscribe to my Yotube-account: http://www.youtube.com/crypehead
Or...
"Like" my Facebook-page: http://www.facebook.com/crypehead
Crypehead (21)
State Newcomer

Postby Synthsoldier » 16 Feb 2012, 14:39

Arkaine:We send the finished track to Scantraxx then the Music Manager is going to listen to it, he gives us some feedback and we try to improve it at the best, he only gives feedback on technical stuff, we are totally free in creativity. after that its going to be mastered and released, very simple :)

Hey again guys,

This might be kind of a dumb question but how loud are your mixdowns before they get mastered? I don't mean on a db scale but I'm really curious on how loud a track generally should be for a record label before being put through some sort of mastering process. Any sort of example or reference would be really great.

Thanks again in advance, truly appreciate what you guys are doing. :)
Synthsoldier
Producer

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 17 Feb 2012, 01:15

How many time does it takes to make a track? How many hours? And you do you make the effects in your mid-intros?
I like diversity and reverse bass.
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (20)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 17 Feb 2012, 11:25

Colorblind:how would you go about for finding your own unique style?

Everyone needs his own style, so i think it must come natural with you as you are producing.
Arkaine (23)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 17 Feb 2012, 11:27

Crypehead:Hi! I'm just having a short question:

How exactly did you guys when you turned from being less professional to really professional? When and how did the big "break" come? 'Cause I think many producers deserves to be discovered, but what is the way to be "discovered"? Joining labels, gaining subscribers or what? How did you guys do? (Great music btw )
_O_

I think our "break" came when we were in Hard With Style for the first time, the day after the release of the podcast Voice Of Desire really got attention. But subscribers on social media work very well too :) its just fun to have a bit of contact with them
Arkaine (23)
Producer