Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby Gunner1001 » 09 Sep 2018, 13:55

@ perceptor , i like the track idea , and the quality is good

some feedback what i prefer to hear 1:00 it starts to get silently , but the basslead from here is maby a idea to give some extra suprises ? to make it more catchy .
also the build up from 1:00 till 2:10 maby can have some extra diversion , maby a extra lead to build it up more litterly up up up.
the second build up / break , maby can use a alternative melody than the first one ? , moving some note`s up instead of leaving them the same as the first build up .

and use those changed notes to finish the last qlimax .

for the rest it sounds pretty pro to me :)

-----------

now this is my first post , maby i used some terms that make you guys laugh :+

but im producing some things also . and lately i feel im getting on to something how it should sound like .

there for i made 2 remixes , wich i want to present to this audience .

looking forward for some real feedback and tips and tricks , and overal verdicts :)

1 = remix of sensation white 2003 anthem . in my opinion it sounds finished. how i ment to make it sound with remixing it .

2 = and the second one is tom walker leave a light one ( my first track that i thought like : this is it , this is what i want to get to when remixing a excisting song into a hardstyle track )

Gunner1001
State Outsider

Postby KLAUS » 13 Sep 2018, 11:36

@ Krystal
Thanks for the feedback. I can work with that.
I agree with perceptor that it needs more buildup to the climax, but it got stuck in my head for a while. So I should definitely continue.

@dawed1999
Your kick is very nice, and I like the track as well. Good melody. only thing, not very fond of the leadsound, maybe more layers to make it a more full sound.

@perceptor
Thanks for your feedback.
Nice track man, good job! The whole arrangement is how it should be in my opinion. You have variation from first to second climax. The only thing is the volume; it's a bit low i think, perhaps it's not mastered yet..?

Here is a new track of mine: Summertime

KLAUS
State Outsider

Postby Cryptex » 13 Sep 2018, 22:34

@KLAUS
Your kick is really good. Overall i think your sound design is alright but could use more of that PHAT, for my personal taste more high frequencies too. I'm not a big fan of the melody it got boring after a little bit though i like your synth. The screech is not big enough, needs to be louder too. Keep it coming.

After quite a long break here is something i've been working on. What do you think?
Cryptex
State Outsider

Postby Gunner1001 » 14 Sep 2018, 18:41

thanks for your feedback guys .....

fuck this site than ...
Gunner1001
State Outsider

Postby F8 » 15 Sep 2018, 14:33

@Gunner1001 i love your track

F8
State Newcomer

Postby Gunner1001 » 16 Sep 2018, 16:41

Wow @ F8

realy oldschool vibe going on there in the begin , and also in the continues parts ,
i am big fan of of this style !
some feedback perhaps :D the little silcence part at 1:30 , cool , but maby do more with that silence , maby a snibbet from the qlimax to put in there ? and in the rest of the silent parts ? :)

the part before the qlimax starts , the melody , with also the silence moments in it , maby put another lead softlyinto the background to be continues ?
the qlimax itself is to much detuned in my opinion though , you need to rearrange it , get it more straight , and in tune .

for the rest , make the qlimax more attractive , put the melody wich i mentioned earlier , also behind the whole track , let some bits of the begin , join the qlimax .
make this qlimax Fat !

:)

Keep it going !

maby some other project i have been doing .

this goes before i started to make real stuf :P

i also again love doing remixes :)
making good original songs , even more good ( atleast thats the idea :P )

and i know this is the hardstyle part but :D , even hardstyle people play some hardcore every now and than to close thins down :)

and a track ( with the voices of game of thrones :P )

looking forward to some feedback or verdicts :)
Gunner1001
State Outsider

Postby KRB-MP » 17 Sep 2018, 16:42

@Gunner1001
Ok so since you've got few tracks that are actually in the same spirit I'll try to give a general review (except for the hardcore one, since I don't pêrsonnaly listen to hardcore I won't be able to give feedbacks on it)

Let's start, I pretty like the fact that you're trying to bring back some kind of old school spirit in your tracks, I pretty miss that time.
My first question is did Youtube fucked up the quality of the tracks ? Well, I had quality issues with Youtube from time to time so I won't speak about it
Your tracks are good in general, but you need to work more on the transitions, from time to time the melody brutally stops or stuff like this and that could be disapointing.
Your kicks are good, excepts it needs a bit more punch, but sounds good in my opinion
Sometimes the notes from the melodies aren't following the general atmosphere made with the pads (when there's one), try to adjust this (I'll personnaly keep the original melody and work on the pads instead)
Add a bit more reeverb and/or deelay, it could embetter this oldschool spirit that is appreciated by a lot of nostalgics fans !
In general your tracks are good, need a bit more of work on the mastering imo

(Before reviewing the following track, keep in mind that I wanted to make a long and progressive track, so it's a bit repetitive but that was the goal)
So, since I've not posted for a while, I'm showing you my newest work, I need to work more on the mastering, but I need feedbacks on what's good and what's wrong with it, what should I keep, what should I work more on, and maybe, what should I delete.
I hope you'll like this trancy atmosphere !

KRB-MP (20)
State Newcomer

Postby Gunner1001 » 17 Sep 2018, 18:56

thanks for your feedback KRB :)
much graditude

the trakcs in my last post are the realy older ones , maby you have missed the sensation white 2003 remix , and leave a light one .

i agree , it was in a time were i discovered limiter has to be removedfrom the master EQ :P

yet the inspiration to make something was there :)

thanks for your feedback mr :) , i like .

some feedback on your track than :) the back ground arp you have going on after the main lead is getting silence , maby ad a little bit more power on it , it is not in balance with the total power of the track

the kick in overal misses a sub bass layer . overall .

i dont know if its a sample or self made kick , but boost the lower freq`z , your lowere freqz are not used yet :)

the melody is catchy , keep on gooing with it .

( in FL you have multyband compressor , wich i like to use to give the sub bass a real boost :) , use it in combination with a EQ were you put the lower freqz a little bit up :) and your bass is arranged :) ) , good luck !
Gunner1001
State Outsider

Postby KRB-MP » 17 Sep 2018, 20:25

No problem !
Yes it's a self made kick, I'll try your method, thanks a lot for your feedback ;)
KRB-MP (20)
State Newcomer

Postby Cryptex » 17 Sep 2018, 23:45

Well i got skipped so let's try this again.

Maybe someone is willing to give some feedback.
Cryptex
State Outsider

Postby Krystaal » 18 Sep 2018, 07:35

@Cryptex,

I would say it's too dry for my taste, i would add more reverb and im lacking some bass frequencies on the kick, overall the tail is already a good start, i would just layer some more screeches as well but it's a good start!!

There's my upcoming track :

Last edited by Krystaal on 15 Oct 2018, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Krystaal
State Newcomer

Postby Qobalt » 21 Sep 2018, 17:28

@Krystaal,
This reminds me of something recent from Devin Wild, I believe?
Nice feelings, very light and happy.
Guitar break is also very nice.

I am working on drone/ambient-related hardstyle/subground hybrid, let me know what you think about it.
Main lead is too powerful at mids, I know :) Also some elements are temporary, just to get the idea.
Qobalt (25)
State Celebrity

Postby _Challe_ » 22 Sep 2018, 00:44

@Qobalt
Cool track, i like the atmosphere in it.
The one thing i'd like to change is the bass, even if it fits the style i didn't like it all that much.

Hi guys.

This is pretty soft and very early but do you have any suggestions what to do next?
I'm tempted to redo everything with harder sounds but its also fun to toy around with what i got atm to see how it can improve.
I like the flow in this and i feel it could be pretty nice with proper sounds.

Everything is made with Cubase stock plugins. Mostly Retrologue so nothing fancy :D
Most recent changes i tried to lower volume of the calmer parts to make the bigger part feel better.
Those parts is not mixed very well and all sounds is not lowered yet, i will do that next.
Also the first kick hit i will change the note of, not a fan :P
*Oh, and there's older versions there as well if you wanna compare if i go in the right direction or not.
Thank you

https://youtu.be/s-Ka1fSZCFw

*Doesn't look like there's much activity here, that's poop :/

_Challe_
State Outsider

Postby F8 » 26 Sep 2018, 20:47

@Qobalt good work!

F8
State Newcomer

Postby The RaveN » 27 Sep 2018, 15:55

Totally butchered classic sorry to say.
The RaveN (19)