Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby JelleJansen1 » 26 Nov 2017, 20:19

Subjective:@KRB-MP
The sounds you are using is very clean, but empty at times. Further the track is way to slow for me (not tempo wise _O_ ). I feel like listening to the same part for over 50 seconds without much of a changeup.

@xelnadu
Unfortunatly I can't hear your preview :(.

@EMi
Nice intro, starts of really well by building up to the drop. Atlhough I dislike the kick you are using the idea was defenitly not bad. Melody is clean and really catchy. Ourtro is pretty nasty, didn't see that coming. Maybe the best part of the track because of that. Defenitly an awesome song

I wish I had more time to produce stuff (started this in the summer when the actual vocals got realised lol) but I finally managed to get something going now:

@Subjective

That sounds pretty cool, but I think the melody needs a bit more drive. Also your lead seems to be resonating around the 1k mark, maybe you could check it. But so far so good, keep it up!

Yesterday I started this remix for Phuture Noize - Hope. Any tips/comments so far?

JelleJansen1
State Newcomer

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 28 Nov 2017, 21:44

@xelnadu: Kinda out there, the fx is a bit dry, but sweet kickrolls, Also the tok is really nice.

@EMi: You gotta work on your mixdown, basically no low end punch, in the main kick, which makes it a bit flat. Also the vocals are way too much back in the mix, they should be more in the front imo. Otherwise pretty cool remix, I tried to make one myself, but got nowhere.

@Subjective; Really interesting melo, but the sound design is way too generic defqon. I'dd say more layers and a more distorted lead to make something that really stands out. Otherwise really good.

@Jellejansen1: The chorus lacks ambience, more reverb and delay! Kick needs some minor polishing but really good. Also sidechain the lead to get more pumping going, the leads could be more clear imo, but still just a layer more would be great! Keep up the good work, looking forward to hear the final mix!

Mashed some stuff around in my folders, did a new mixdown, and got this. Vocals are still a bit dry and way too much highs, but what ya think?
NRx Hardstyle (26)
State Citizen

Postby SNOOPP » 29 Nov 2017, 11:53

EMi Brilliant, maybe just kick and bass part can be more powerfull, kick sounds weak there :(

NRx Hardstyle Sounds really interesting, maybe you put too much HIGH freqs in your mix, i am not sure about that

Last week with my friend we did this
SNOOPP
State Newcomer

Postby KRB-MP » 01 Dec 2017, 18:09

@JelleJansen1 :
I absolutely love the lead ! In general it's a good track, maybe add some reeverb to some parts of the mix, but well, good work !

@NRx Hardstyle :
A nice one, I really like the climax, it sounds a bit like a mix of dubstep/dnb (well I don't really know these kinds of music so you can correct me if I said something wrong) and hardstyle, it sounds pretty nice imo

@SNOOP :
Good one, but sometimes the kick volume is a bit too high so we can't ear the lead properly, still a nice track !

First time I experience with vocals

KRB-MP (20)
State Newcomer

Postby The Earfucker » 03 Dec 2017, 17:01

@KRB : The kick does not sound right needs more power

@NRX nice screech and a good flow in the track the lead in the synth is also master!!
And a nice dubstep wobble
good work

This is my new project
I am still practicing with the downmix

The Earfucker
State Newcomer

Postby The Earfucker » 21 Dec 2017, 21:56

I wish everyone happy holidays
and go loose just like these people

The Earfucker
State Newcomer

Postby Joop » 23 Dec 2017, 14:25

SNOOPP:EMi Brilliant, maybe just kick and bass part can be more powerfull, kick sounds weak there :(

NRx Hardstyle Sounds really interesting, maybe you put too much HIGH freqs in your mix, i am not sure about that

Last week with my friend we did this

@SNOOPP I really like this one! Although the mix could use some more help, especially when it comes to the kick which doesn't quite melt together the way it should with the melody, I just really like the vibe in this one. Keep it up!

@The Earfucker I have to say this isn't really my thing but probably when I hear it at a festival I will party my ass of. Be sure to take a look at the kick 'cause it seems like there is a wobbly sound in the low. (talking about 'Raw Power Bass Power')

Here is my latest track called 'Stay'
https://soundcloud.com/djthegentle/stay

Let me know what y'all think :)
Joop
State Outsider

Postby PERCEPTOR » 29 Dec 2017, 22:36

@Joop Sounds really nice, Like the vocals alot, perhaps the kick misses a bit of mid but further in overall I really like it!

@Snoopp Sounds like you sampled a Devin Wild kick, sound design needs work + the melody sounds a bit off.

Tried stg different, what do you guys think?
PERCEPTOR
State Tourist

Postby KRB-MP » 05 Jan 2018, 18:42

@SNOOPP
I like the track in its globality, but maybe during the climax the kick's sound, and mostly it's bass sound could be a little too high, so we can't ear the melody properly, at the same level as the kick, but it's a good track

@Joop
Very nice, very clean, I like the sounds n' leads you're using, the kick's sound is very clean, keep it up !

@PERCEPTOR
Nice ambiance in the whole track, I love the atmosphere, alos the leads are really cool, I hope the entire track will be as cool as this !

Ok, I've made an edit of my first 2017 track, here is the original one :

And here is the 2018 edit ! (If think you can really see my improvement in producing music by listening to these 2 versions of the same track !)
KRB-MP (20)
State Newcomer

Postby xelnadu » 13 Jan 2018, 21:30

@ SNOOPP - Dreaming Cannon & Wildboy - Let It Ride [FREE TRACK] The mid intro section is nice, the vocals are ok but, the euphoric part hurts my ears, sorry. It's my personal taste in this style, i hate euphoric pitched up melodies. I expected something really raw and massive after the mid-intro. Also, is the kick ripped from Devin Wild / Sub Zero Project?

@Perceptor - TBA - Mind Magnet (Preview) - I'm kinda over that Noisecontroller/Headhunterz/Coone/everyone in the hardstyle scene Kick. I loved it alot in the 2010-2014 era but now it's overused. Try making the kick more interesting. Hardstyle evolves, keep it fresh. The melody is cool and it tells its story, but the kick lowers every expectation I had when i head it.

I'm having trouble making build-ups. Part of this has to do with my weak-ass CPU (too many instruments and FX makes it unplayable and it's sad that i have to bounce everything back and forth).
I combined 4 project files into one but they don't really 'glue' together too well without proper FX drops and build-ups. Sadly this is the part where I suck at. I see alot of hardstyle producers using vocals (copyright material) for drops and fx elements, but i just want to make something original. Any help is appreciated (for this song structure only). Cheers!

xelnadu (27)
State Newcomer

Postby dhamiri_k » 19 Jan 2018, 12:19

@SNOPP - can't deny the kick sounds almost like the Devin Wild's one, which is awesome man. The melody somehow I not fond of a bit for first time, but the more I listen to it, I like it abit. But I like the 2nd climax arp one. Anyway, great work man.

@Joop - The track is nice one mate. I really like the 2nd climax which gives more harmony to the track. great work man.

@PERCEPTOR - If you're going more to Code Black style, you've get it man. The lead and atmospheres seems catching the similar style, but with your own twist. The kick is prefectly fit with the lead you've used. Nice one mate

@KRBMP - That's a huge difference man. nice rework on the mixdown. The reverb on the lead could be more prominent because it kinda dry when the kick comes in, sidechaining it might work out. The melody have some kind of 2009 feels for me, which is my cup of tea when you've done it right. Keep up the good work!

@Xelnadu - I think a simple build up is just fine, like in this track it kind of works (sounds a bit simple for me). For vocals, there are free loyalty pack ones that I think could fit in the track, although they might be consist of one shots only and some of the singing vocals sometimes might be out of tune (but can be done through melodyning them). Anyways, those kicks are really nice, I enjoy the first and second last kick. Keep it up!

So lately I made a two new tracks and still in progress in case of fixing things and such, one is kinda experimental and one is euphoric. let me know what you guys are thinking about it :D (and I would like to send one of these 2 to Frontliner since he's making a "listening to demo sessions" by the end of this month, so which track you guys think would kinda grab his attention?)

If you guys want to know about the frontliner ones, view on the url here:
https://www.facebook.com/djfrontliner/
http://demos.keepitupmusic.com

This track vocal is from Code Black Producer Sample Packs.
Hi I'm Dhamiri-K ;D
dhamiri_k (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Valadia » 19 Jan 2018, 12:36

@dhamiri_k

The Tribe

The first kick needs to punch a lot more through your track. Try adding some compression and maybe some eq'ing on the punch, mostly mids and highs I think, as I can barely hear any. Furthermore, your sounds sound cool but all very thin. Try adding some stereo shapers, distortion and compression. It will make your sounds sound bigger and more full. I like the track, it could turn out in something really nice.

New World

I think your arrangement is a bit off here. Not having a kick play untill 2:52 in a 5:07 track is a bit odd, if you ask me. There are some really cool arrangement tutorials on youtube, maybe check some of those out. Your sounds do sound a bit more full here than your previous track. Maybe add some sidechain to your reverb, from what I hear, it's overlapping a bit with the synth. And be sure to lowcut your reverb to around 200hz (that's what I do).
I like the sounds and I like the ideaa, just like your previous track, this could turn out nice if you play your cards right.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby EMi » 20 Jan 2018, 14:17

@Xelnadu: That kick test sounds sick dude. The first one. The other needs a bit more work! ^^

@dhamiri: The ideas are cool , specially the 2nd one. Maybe do a mid intro for that, to not become repetitive, and you should work on the mixer , use sidechains, less reverb, kick needs more bass imo ... Nice ideas! :)

Well, after i while.. i can upload something new

Last edited by EMi on 20 Jan 2018, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
EMi
State Tourist

Postby Valadia » 20 Jan 2018, 14:27

EMi:@Xelnadu: That kick test sounds sick dude. The first one. The other needs a bit more work! ^^

@dimitri: The ideas are cool , specially the 2nd one. Maybe do a mid intro for that, to not become repetitive, and you should work on the mixer , use sidechains, less reverb, kick needs more bass imo ... Nice ideas! :)

Well, after i while.. i can upload something new

To me, it sounds that you're using a lot of reverb in the beginning. Maybe make that a bit less, and/or sidechain your reverb. Also, the vocal doesn't really stand out in your intro. You can hear it's someone saying something, but not what they're saying. Also, try working a bit on your kick. It sounds a bit muddy to me. It also lacks power, in my opinion. You can try to add some more distortion to it, it make it sound stronger. Also, fill up your first 'drop' with something else than just the kick and a choir with a lot of reverb. Also a thing I noticed, but it could be personal taste, is a weird thing your kicks do when it pitches up. It has a weird little sound in it, maybe someone else here can confirm it. Furthermore, it's a really cool idea. I like the vocal itself, the melody and the overall sounds you've used. Good job.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby EMi » 26 Jan 2018, 22:08

No one is producing those days? I cant review anything :(
Ill do as soon as someone post anything

EMi
State Tourist

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles