Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby stamar » 08 Jan 2017, 04:27

@hardstylehenk - sounds good! clean build up and kick is nice

@daniro29 - sick kick and nice screech sound! They're a pain for me lol

This is a Ace of Base remix Ive been working on. Going for a jumpy/bouncy vibe

stamar
State Outsider

Postby Aftershoq » 12 Jan 2017, 22:32

daniro29: Very solid sounds! I like it alot.
HardstyleHenk: I miss impact in your sounds, other than that it's a good idea but... it still needs tweaking. :)
stamar: It's a little too bouncy, you miss alot of drive that way. Add some flow to your sounds. ;)

It's been almost 2 years since i've tried to produce some hardstyle again. But yeah.. felt like trying it again. :D
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby greentechnnl » 14 Jan 2017, 16:22

@daresais
really nice man, maybe some different sounds here and there but otherwise i think its bangin,

@Stamar.
Less reverb and i think the sidechaining is to much and can be much smoother.
also that kick is boring and doin to much of the same imo. but for the rest i think its okay i guess.

@edenfear,
I can remember that sushi track of yours, i tought it was awesome and i was waitin for something new from you.
But this is quality man keep producing hardstyle it fits you well ;)

i myself have been away for some time cause of a lot of private shit im dealing with at the moment,
But i made a remix of tatu - not gonna get us with a buddy Called NRG, wich i wanted to share, maybe get some feedback ?

BinariX
greentechnnl
State Tourist

Postby Aftershoq » 15 Jan 2017, 15:49

Hey dude thanks. I never finished that project but yeah..maybe someday. :)

About your project, i really like the overall idea and the build up. But your sounds are still too basic and don't have enough character. For example your kick can use some layering, to fill up the tail. Your mainlead sound and screech are pretty thin and dry. Try some reverb, delay, compression... you know all that good stuff and layers. You can make a decent track out of this, just needs a little more work. ;)

After listening to some "modern" hardstyle, i tried to make something more to that kind of style.
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 15 Jan 2017, 18:25

@Aftershoq; Dont know why you took a such a long break, you do really nail it on the test2. Test one is really interesting as well, I do like the whole idea, but with some more advanced leads, it could be really awesome, hope you finish both tracks!

@Binarix: Really cool idea, but as Aftershoq mentioned, sounds are a bit too basic, work on some sounddesign to create more massive leads and you'll get there!

Im remaking one of my older tracks 'evolution of music' and wanted to share a snippet of the new and improved midintro. Also redoing the vocals later.
NRx Hardstyle (25)
State Citizen

Postby HardstyleHenk » 15 Jan 2017, 20:02

@NRx Holy Shit Sounds Nice Dude!!
Like The Flute At The End Alot :D
HardstyleHenk (15)
State Native

Postby greentechnnl » 16 Jan 2017, 14:08

Thanx for the feedback guys, guess i have to make it fatter, :D

as in for the kick.... i really cant seem to get more out of it.. to be honest i think the tail is pretty clean right now and when i try to layer it more i just seem to mud the thing more and more...

Maybe start fresh with a new kick for these type's of tracks.

@aftershoq
i really am blown away by how professional youre leads are sounding, and i have to ask but is it all software or are you using some hardware ? ( i know softsynths can be as good as hardware but just wondered.. )

@NrX
Dope man, but i think the drop is to dry sounding... like work on that sound design... just like me....
But that kick... nice work really clean and cutting. and have to love that flute thingy :P

BinariX
greentechnnl
State Tourist

Postby Aftershoq » 16 Jan 2017, 18:00

greentechnnl:@aftershoq
i really am blown away by how professional youre leads are sounding, and i have to ask but is it all software or are you using some hardware ? ( i know softsynths can be as good as hardware but just wondered.. )

This is all software. I used Spire (my favourite) and Sylenth for these leads.
But i think the processing afterwards is what makes it sound "professional".
I could show you how i process it if you want. :)
Facebook Soundcloud

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 19 Jan 2017, 00:53

Ok, real sorry to be posting so frequently, but

@Binarix: Did finish the "dry sound" Filled it up with a bunch of stuff ;) Check your pm box

Roast this preview(inb4 Atmosfearz screeech)
NRx Hardstyle (25)
State Citizen

Postby EverettG » 19 Jan 2017, 05:29

Still pretty new to producing so forgive me if my feedback is a bit confusing.

@NRx: Bevare The Depths sounds great, the kick is just a bit too frontloaded for my liking, maybe a bit more tail to the kick? It's tough to describe, but I feel like the kick is ALL punch with no tail. Everything also sounds really good and I like the flow of your track (Also, did Energyzed give you that screech? *Sarcasm intensifies*)

The Evolution of Music sounds incredible, really like what you have going on there. My only gripe is that I think the kick is a little too loud, it drowns out everything behind it (If that is your intent though, good work).

@:Eden Fear: That track sounds awesome, leads sound really crisp and I love the vocals

Here is my track, let me know what you guys think!

EverettG
State Newcomer

Postby Soundphase » 19 Jan 2017, 17:59

@NRx sounds ok, intro is nice, breakdown is alright but then when the kick and synth hit numerous times it sounds too aggressive, I would remove some of that so the breakdown is more like a calm before the storm.
@Everettg sounds are ok in beginning, vocal sounds lame at 0:21 (too sudden), there's too much melody playing through the whole clip, it gets too progressive - need to lessen that.

sometimes this doesn't go well, not too good is it :S
Soundphase (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 22 Jan 2017, 00:10

@EverettG
The general buildup of your track is a bit messed up. You wanna have every part in a lenght of multiples by 4, so say 16 beats or 32 beats and so on, but your mixing intro for example only has 48 beats I think, I really get confused there with counting so try to put accents on every 32th beat for example. Or on every 16th. I mean you have a track on a base rhythm of 4x4, try put stuff accordingly. This is not only the case in the mixing intro, its actually in the whole track. Maybe it could help to listen to tracks from professional producers and try to recreate a track (only structure-wise) at first. Later, if you got your head around the concept of 4x4, you can start creating your own kind of structures. Really struggling with finding fitting words here, it sounds so negative what I'm writing right now, sorry! I don't mean that.
The synthesizer needs work, try putting more leads on top of it -layering- to archieve a wider, more unique, better sounding and fuller synth.
In your first break you got the vocal unattended by anything, I'd add pads or something else which could back it up, sounds really empty, and empty often means not interesting. The crash of the first drop really stands out a lot, I'd tame it by a lot, its always more like a touch of a crash, not a fully dramatic hit on that thing. Especially, since the crash is the only thing which catches the interest of the ear in your track on that part, instead of the kick. This is also an issue with the kick cause it seems to be a bit too much in the background. You wanna get everything out of it. This is definitely a mixdown issue. check out a few youtube tutorials (or mine here in the tutorials section) regarding the mixdown.
The Kick itself sounds really mint though, nice character on the reversed tail.
The repetition of the vocal is getting annoying quickly, so you may wanna do more stuff with it than just repeating the small pattern from the vocal. I wouldnt recommend fading in the synthesizer with a filter during a part with a kick in it, letting the filter rise on a lead is something for a break where you wanna present the lead and create tension with it, a drop is always there for releasing the tension youve built up beforehand.
The Kick in the mainpart is on a wrong pitch, so you might check out a few videos on basic musical theory, basically how melodies work. I think there might be a few videos for hardstyle out there aswell. Basically you wanna have the pitch of your kick on the bass note of your melody.
This was pretty much now, and I'm sorry for picking so many negative things I've noticed. On the other hand I think a feedback with "Its shit" or "Its awesome" doesn't help anybody so here you go - I hope I could help here. This is a feedback on a quite high level, and no-one expects you to fix everything within a day!

@Soundphase
Your kick seems to be very dry and a tiny little too short. You can spot little breaks between the beats in the preview. Sounds a bit like a gated kick and a pretty hard hitting normal kick drum merged together, I do like the sound of it. Sounds really oldschool. I just would try to work on the tail a bit more, I think more character wouldnt hurt, basically a treble boost would do it probably. The sounds on top of it sound a bit dry aswell, cant hear any reverb and it all seems to be almost mono. Also, the thing could need more effects, maybe glitches or just more sounds to make it more interesting. Don't get me wrong, I can tell the sounds are very well made, they arent just full enough to fill up the part. If you wanna dive into EHS with this one I'd be happy, youre basically on the way there already! Hard to judge properly by a 14 seconds sample though ;)

So I remixed the track from Caine - Requital and recorded myself doing it, would you fancy a youtube series? This is the track:

Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby greentechnnl » 27 Jan 2017, 15:18

@aftershoq,
yeah i would love to see how you do it, could shed some light on my own problems.... xd
i also have my own processing techniques but it never hurts to check out how someone else is doing it, there is no right or wrong but i like youre sound so :)

@neko

It sounds good. every sound is there but i just dont like the track and the kick @ 2:20 and further on is not my type of kick.. i also think its a little to harsh..

@Soundphase
its alright. its not to much and its not bad so keep going.

@EveretGG
in the intro its okay and a little further on also but then you introduce that lead and its just to thin and yeahhh... could use alot of work. and then further on you are suddenly doing random shit with that lead thats already not that great... Try workin on some more diversity ''a little more melodic if you will''

@Nrg
The track is gone in my inbox :(
the track you are posting now i like but the kick could use a longer tail and some more crunch...
the atmosphere youre building is awesome. keep that up, also the melody with the kick is kinda boring.. so maybe fill that up a little.

I began workin on this 2 days ago and today i opened it again and filled it up some.
Tell me what you think :

greentechnnl
State Tourist

Postby HardstyleHenk » 29 Jan 2017, 14:55

@Greentechnl
Lead sounds kinda amatuerish imo.
Also it could have more atmosphere.

@Neko
Dont like the kick very much :\
But overall nice Track :D

This is what i've been working on in the past half hour
HardstyleHenk (15)
State Native

Postby hard_PL » 29 Jan 2017, 19:24

Hi, HardstyleHenk: You must change something on intro melody quantize it to 1/6 or 1/3.And after 4 step maybe add sub synth in low keys. Change all kick pitch or in piano roll(?) it dont glue together at all.
There is my Defqon1 competition track made in 2011, back to memories :)
Twardy-Twardszy-TWARDZIEJSZY!!
hard_PL (26)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles