Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby Cerulean » 06 Dec 2016, 15:29

@Subjective Nice vocals and melody is very good but your lead synths need to more powerful since you don't want the qlimax to be dull. you could put a layer synth in higher notes giving the lead a nice high sound. other than that it sounds mixed cleanly and nothing sounds like it is overpowering any other sound. Good work :)

Here's something I've recently started and any opinions would be appreciated so I can take this somewhere\

Cerulean
State Outsider

Postby Quazhard_beat » 09 Dec 2016, 18:29

@Cerulean Melody and kick are solid but you really need to clean those high frequencies in the synth. Also i find that vocal a little bit annoying, tone it down a notch and add less reverb. Keep it up!
Quazhard_beat
State Outsider

Postby enslaver101 » 10 Dec 2016, 12:04

Subjective:
Looks like the track was removed :? Sorry.

Cerulean:
The whole thing clips quite a lot, and sounds overly compressed. Really noticeable on the vocal and when the melody starts (the filter cutoff is raised). Melody is pretty cool, I like it. IMO should sidechain just a tiny bit in the main part. The kick is, no offense, pretty bad (again just my personal opinion), the tail sounds too distorted and resonance-y, while lacking in bass. Definitely quite a room for improvement.

Speaking of improvement, I've been working on this for too long and need to get it out of my system because no matter what I change, I don't know if it sounds better or not. Need your opinion:

EDIT: the soundcloud preview sounds noticeably different than what I uploaded. The file is downloadable.
enslaver101 (19)
State Newcomer

Postby JelleJansen1 » 11 Dec 2016, 19:45

enslaver101:
Subjective:
Looks like the track was removed :? Sorry.

Cerulean:
The whole thing clips quite a lot, and sounds overly compressed. Really noticeable on the vocal and when the melody starts (the filter cutoff is raised). Melody is pretty cool, I like it. IMO should sidechain just a tiny bit in the main part. The kick is, no offense, pretty bad (again just my personal opinion), the tail sounds too distorted and resonance-y, while lacking in bass. Definitely quite a room for improvement.

Speaking of improvement, I've been working on this for too long and need to get it out of my system because no matter what I change, I don't know if it sounds better or not. Need your opinion:

EDIT: the soundcloud preview sounds noticeably different than what I uploaded. The file is downloadable.

This is gold! Very nice kick, it blends in perfectly with the lead. I wouldn't change a thing to be honest, but I would add a second climax. Maybe you can pitch the melody higher for a second climax, keep up the good work!

I've found some melodies on Youtube which I want to make some tracks with, what do you guys think about it?

JelleJansen1
State Newcomer

Postby enslaver101 » 12 Dec 2016, 13:26

Pretty hard to give proper feedback since it's not a snippet from a whole track, I'll see what I can do.
The reverb is a little too much, maybe if you decrease its volume when the lead is playing it'll be better (and maybe increase the pre-delay). Kick doesn't sound whole to me, but the lead is pretty good.
I think the first melody is the best of the 3, the others sound kinda random in my opinion. Also instead of just 'repeating' chords you could make them follow the melody, I think it will add some more quality.
Could only find these minor problems, you could just leave the tracks like that and be fine, but it will be even better if you fix them.
enslaver101 (19)
State Newcomer

Postby spitles » 13 Dec 2016, 15:47

Cerulean:Here's something I've recently started and any opinions would be appreciated so I can take this somewhere\
imo the kick lacks a bit of punch (?) - also the vocal is a bit .. weird ^^ (+ too much reverb on it ?)

enslaver101:Need your opinion:
it sounds good.

JelleJansen1:I've found some melodies on Youtube which I want to make some tracks with, what do you guys think about it?
i think melodies 1 and 3 could be part of the same track (?)

---

btw, zelda ~~

xD
spitles (30)
State Citizen

Postby butterprickol » 13 Dec 2016, 16:21

@Cerulean:
Nice atmosphere, but the vocal seems a bit out of place and has, as mentioned before, too much reverb.
I find the resonance in the cutoff rather annoying :/ Also the melody has a bit too much highs for my taste and is also too loud. The kick should be more punchy. But solid! There's much you can improve and make out of this track!

@enslaver101
Great pads and atmosphere but for my taste a bit too long till the melody plays. I love the HHZish synth! (L) Great kick. (would you mind sharing the synth? :P) Great one.

@JelleJansen
Great kick but it doesn't fit to the first two melodies. The third melody is the best imo. But too much reverb on the synths!

@spitles
The kick definitely needs some work but sounds not bad. Is the screech a reference to the Temple of Woods of OOT? :D Synth could be fatter and the bassline sounds offtone. Listen to the Song of Storms again and then create the bassline. But it's good! Keep on working!

Quick test:
Qlimax 2009 - Defqon.1 2010 - Q-Base 2010 - Qountdown 2010 - Hard Bass 2011- Hard Bass 2012 - Defqon.1 2012 - Defqon.1 2013 - Hard Bass 2014 - Q-Base 2014 - Qlimax 2014 - Defqon.1 2015 - Q-Base 2015 - Qlimax 2015 - Hard Bass 2016 - Defqon.1 2016
butterprickol (25)
State Native

Postby HardstyleHenk » 13 Dec 2016, 16:49

@butterprickol
Sounds nice. Really like the idea :D
Only it sounds a bit empty
-----
This is a thing i've been working on lately
Track is nearly done :)
Feedback is welcome! :D
Dark Horizon: Soundcloud Facebook
Newcaise: Soundcloud Mixcloud
HardstyleHenk (14)
State Senior Citizen

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 14 Dec 2016, 14:28

@Cerulean: Sounds pretty good, I like the melody, but you need to work on that lead, try layering it with a lower, more detuned supersaw, then add a low volume higher octave not so much detuned supersaw to get that spectrum flowing. Also more reverb. Kick lacks a bit of punch, and the tail pitches wierdly(?) Otherwise a great start!

@Enslaver; Wow, love that lead, sounds very much like HHz, kick is ok, but lacks just a bit of power, Overall the track is pretty awesome!

@Buttterprickol: The tail in your kick is a bit empty, also some background fx would be bad either. I do like the screech, Keep it up!

@HardstyleHenk; You gotta work on the lead, they are way too muddy, try layering and work on the reverb. Other than that, try working on your mixdown so you get a more "full mix".

Looking for some final feedback on these, Releasing them in january - february together with a few others;

Show spoiler
NRx Hardstyle (24)
State Citizen

Postby stamar » 18 Dec 2016, 12:07

@butterprickol kick sounds nice!

@hardstylehenk sounds good, nice and clean. Maybe shorten the intro a bit?

I've worked a bit on mine lately, let me know what you all think

stamar
State Outsider

Postby FinnState » 20 Dec 2016, 03:21

@butterprickol I do like the kick as it is but i would say the track needs more background effects or other elements to it, sounds a bit empty. Or as NRx Hardstyle said you could try to make the tail of your kick bigger. Waiting to hear what comes after that last kick sounds cool!

@ NRx Hardstyle The first track, So Long, I like the idea, i kind of get a zatox opera feeling from the idea of this song :D There's something about the kick that i'm not sure i like an i'm trying to figure out what it is! but it's just my opinion, i wouldn't say it's a terrible kick just not in my taste, but then again it might be to someone else, that's what i mean with it not being bad just not for me. Hope you get my point lol :D but then again in your Insert Title Here song the kick sounds nice it works for the track pretty good. Same thing for I Am Rebel track.

@stamar I think the ocean sound could be a bit softer after the track starts and it moves into the background, i think it gets a bit too much in the way off the track. That kick sounds pretty daamn dope good job on that one :D but not sure if it's the perfect kick for this song though. I don't know if this is from me having my headphones on for the last 6 hours listening to hardstyle hardcore etc. but it sounds a bit muddy? not sure :D

And i just want to point out, i am not a pro, i am not even close i would say, i wouldn't advise taking my toughts as something that is something people should do, i might be right but i also might be way wrong :D so more of a general guideline and if more people say the same stuff then that might mean that i'm on to something :D

Now here's a track i've been working on for quite awhile now and i'm not really sure what to do next with it, where to take it from here. So basically i kind of hit the wall. And i do that often and i then just go on with new things and never actually finish anything but now i decided to tell myself to f off and actually finish something, all the way from start to finish and i'm really motivated to make this to the level where i could release it as a free download some day in the future but if you have any comments, any at all good or bad i'm really open for anything at this point :)

i'm not sure i know how to get the track embeded to this post so i'll just post the link to it:
https://soundcloud.com/finnstate/the-jo ... n-progress

FinnState (21)
State Newcomer

Postby Holder » 22 Dec 2016, 06:09

@Hardstylehenk

Very nice actually, maybe you can make the pad a bit more bassy to compensate the emptiness?
Or make a bass sound separate whatever floats your boat.

The kick is a little too loud compared to the other things but it's not that grave. And I actually don't find the lead muddy at all but maybe that's just me xD
....Doing christian hardstyle are we :+

@Nrxhardstyle
I can't give you any feedback since you are a 100x better producer than me, sowwy :/

@stamar
Make the ocean sounds cleaner. The kick itself is very well mixed, I too like the style where you don't exagerate the kick's volume - but I don't know if you did it on purpose but the kick is a bit too closed for me. :)

@Finnstate

You just did :+ ... but next time click preview and see how it posts :p

The track is very well made, but maybe add another sound instead of just the synth? The sound design itself is very very nice!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

CONTAINS UNDERTALE SPOILER, BEWARE - Thank you :p

Raw kicks should sound like spitting something furiously followed by the sound of dogs barking
Holder
State Citizen

Postby Qobalt » 30 Dec 2016, 15:10

@stamar: Holy shit that is interesting _O_ . The beginning of a melodic part @ 1:05 sounds like something that Bas (Noisecontrollers) could make, I miss that experiment style like Destuction, Give It Up and Stella Nova. Kick is not my cup of tea tho, I'd rather put the standard mainstream dong pitched kick in it.

@FinnState: The build-up is dope! However, the synth right after build-up souns a bit thin, maybe add more layers to it. Otherwise, great job.

@Holder: Totally not my cup of tea, sounds very overcompressed. But the idea is pretty damn nice, I like the tracks with such atmosphere.

Something I've made 4 (!) years ago. Still listening to it and thinking if I will recover the sounds, because all my old projects are totally lost... Please tell me if it is worth to recover :)

Pretender:wow, you're so full of shit, that even my toilet refuses to flush you.

http://harderstate.com/post177530.html#p177530
Qobalt (23)
State Celebrity

Postby JelleJansen1 » 01 Jan 2017, 19:16

@Qobalt
That first track is pretty cool, it has a nice drive in the intro and the reversed bass kicks in really well. Definitely worth it to recover. These 'old sounds' are the kind of sounds the Hardstyle scene need at the moment ;)

I wouldn't bother to recover the second track, I don't think you can get much out of it.

I started working on this project today, it's really plain and empty as it is now, but I will add a decent intro, break, build-up etc. later. I thought it couldn't hurt to get some feedback at this point:

JelleJansen1
State Newcomer

Postby HardstyleHenk » 01 Jan 2017, 21:05

@Jelle
Sounds Nice only the kickroll on 0:27 is a bit strange in my opinion.
A bit random imo

@Qobalt
The first track is worth recovering imo.
2nd track reminds me of Butterfly Effectz - Prankster cuz of all the random kickrolls :D

Here is what i've started working on today :)
Dark Horizon: Soundcloud Facebook
Newcaise: Soundcloud Mixcloud
HardstyleHenk (14)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles