Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby Subjective » 05 Nov 2016, 20:48

@neko, i defenitly get your point, i am looking for good places to learn more about the technical side of things your speaking about. Do you have any recommendations of video's websites and other were I can learn about this all starting on basic level? Youtube is too random in my opinion. Maybe there is a step by step place somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
Subjective
State Outsider

Postby Neko » 05 Nov 2016, 21:21

Subjective:@neko, i defenitly get your point, i am looking for good places to learn more about the technical side of things your speaking about. Do you have any recommendations of video's websites and other were I can learn about this all starting on basic level? Youtube is too random in my opinion. Maybe there is a step by step place somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Well, personally Ive learnt everything I know regarding producing from searching this forums tutorial section, youtube and by myself. I also did a tutorial on mixdowns:
http://harderstate.com/tutorials-f22/maneki-neko-s-step-by-step-guide-on-mixdowns-t27479.html
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby Hawz » 08 Nov 2016, 23:35

butterprickol:

Snippet of an upcoming track of mine.

I do really like the idea, the kick is brutal.

I would add some screeches or just ambience sounds that can complement the ambience of the whole track.

Here is my submission. I'm still working on some ideas but I will appreciate some feedback on this :D

Hawz
State Outsider

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 15 Nov 2016, 11:44

@butterprickol: Really massive kick, the tail needs a bit more power in the lowend. Otherwise, nice sound design, but the subdrop has waay too much distoriton imo.

@hawz: Really cool kick pattern, the melody is ok I guess. I think working on the sounddesign of the leads would help out the track a lot. Other than that really cool start!

Something I've been working on lately

Inb4 da tweekaz, I know
NRx Hardstyle (25)
State Citizen

Postby Herrax » 15 Nov 2016, 22:55

@Hawz, sounds decent, not sure what style/feeling you're going with regards the track but maybe add some more layers to the melody or distort/EQ the screech a bit more.

@NRx, Nice buddy, comes closes to da tweekaz, not my style but definitely pretty good! I also like that your mixdown is on point. Only thing that I do not really like (but thats my opinon as I am more into raw/newer hardstyle) is the piano/pluck in the first kick. Keep em coming buddy.

I was bored today, as I didn't feel like going to school, so I made this:

Herrax
State Outsider

Postby Hawz » 16 Nov 2016, 23:15

NRx Hardstyle:@butterprickol: Really massive kick, the tail needs a bit more power in the lowend. Otherwise, nice sound design, but the subdrop has waay too much distoriton imo.

@hawz: Really cool kick pattern, the melody is ok I guess. I think working on the sounddesign of the leads would help out the track a lot. Other than that really cool start!

Something I've been working on lately

Inb4 da tweekaz, I know

Cool! It sounds like da tweekaz (not bad at all hahahaha)

I'll try to work more on the melody, thx :D

Btw, something a bit more original :3

Hawz
State Outsider

Postby Fort noxious » 18 Nov 2016, 21:43

@Herrax
The intro doesnt fit the timing. Its like you have 15 counts where there should be 16. Your kick is kinda nice! It does lack some low-end but that’s with most of the rawstyle kicks these days. Im not digging the female voice. I don’t know if it’s the sample itself or that you have to much reverb on it.
I really like the drive in the mid-intro! The screech is to simple imo. You should also work on the arrangement of your track.
All in all it needs more work, keep it up!

@Nrx
I actually like the funky vibe in your track! Nice melody and all. If your track gets some more effects, little breaks etc. its gonna be great! I’m curious about the endresult! O btw, your melody could use some variation in the final part or else it gets kinda repetitive.

@Hawz
I like the sound of the instrument you use in the beginning. I don’t really like the synth which comes afterward. It’s a shame because your melody is nice. Also the kick comes in way to sudden and the pitchbends at the end seem to make your melody off key. The basics are allright but it needs a lot of work imo.

Fort noxious
State Tourist

Postby SNOOPP » 22 Nov 2016, 10:25

NRx, as i told before, sounds really funky :D And clean
Fort noxious Very nice job, but maybe something is wrong with my headphones, but i feel that high freqs is missing, i want more high sounds and then your track will be excellent.
Hawz, you know, everything is almost good but the melody is hard :(

Molly - Я Просто Люблю Тебя If someone will need a longer dj friendly version, just ask

Dreaming Cannon - Lucid Dreaming
SNOOPP
State Newcomer

Postby Cryptex » 27 Nov 2016, 01:01

So this is my official "Hi" to everyone as well as my first post.

butterprickol Really great kick, very nice work, got nothing to complain.

NRx Hardstyle That does indeed sound like Da Tweekaz, not bad overall i feel like the sub is a bit too much especially on the higher notes but that might just be me, also the punch feels a bit too loud compared to the rest. Nice work anyway.

SNOOPP The first minute of your first track is awesome, love the atmosphere, the russian voice is nice, good sound design, that's all said by not listening to the original. However the synth and the kick need a bit more work in my opinion. Good job overall! For the second track i personally think the melody is a bit random but that might just be me again.

Well then, here's something i've been working on lately.

And here's something i did quite some time ago, felt like posting it anyway.
Cryptex
State Outsider

Postby Quazhard_beat » 30 Nov 2016, 00:40

Hi everyone this is my first post here too.

@Cryptex
''NO'' track: i really like the first kick and bass and 909 kick, intro is good but i think in some point it lacks in sound design elements. Melody is good and atmosphere overall too! But the ''please god no!'' vocal made me lol a lot ahaha i feel like it makes the track less serious, i cannot think about Steve Carrell listening to it ahah.
But in overall i really enjoyed it!

''Magic'' track: I personally liked this one a lot more, that vocal combined with melody create that really warm oldschool feeling. Mix is well balanced too. Great work!

Anyway here's my submission ready for listening!

https://soundcloud.com/user-346273735/warphole

(sorry don't know how to embed a damn song)
Quazhard_beat
State Outsider

Postby Cryptex » 30 Nov 2016, 06:36

Quazhard_beat I can honestly say: I'm in love with your melody. Simply amazing. Great work on the synth too, not sure what happened to your kick though i think it's waaaay to quiet and misses power. Thanks for your feedback btw, appreciate it.
Cryptex
State Outsider

Postby enslaver101 » 30 Nov 2016, 22:43

Hey, welcome to the forums!

Cryptex:
Great tracks overall, can't point out any huge problems. However they both have that 2010-feel to them which I don't really dig.
In the intro of NO! the reverse bass sounds a bit like a pluck, don't know how to explain it, has some weird beating to it (not pleasant to the ear). I also thought that this track is going to be a spoof of the whole melancholic-euphoric subgenre when the vocals kicked in, but I was blueballed and got a normal track.
Magic is another normal track, no problems here.

Quazhard_beat:
There are several problems in your track: the bass's lowest harmonic in the kick is way too loud, the mid bass range is too low, and the whole track ducks in volume during the kick. Also the reverb has too much high end (>~9000Hz) that makes it sound a bit amateur in my opinion.
Other than that, solid track, a bit different than usual. There's also some weird reverb at the end but that doesn't matter I guess?

EDIT: here's how to embed your tracks: track-reviews-f21/uploading-your-preview-to-youtube-or-zippyshare-t597.html
enslaver101 (20)
State Newcomer

Postby Hypanova » 02 Dec 2016, 02:49

@Cryptex: Both mixes sound crisp and clear and have a very nice drive to it. I really like the melody of "NO!" it gives you that "hands up" festival feeling. Magic on the other hands sounds a bit generic. The melody sounds like it's 2008 all over again :D

@Quazhard_beat: Nice atmosphere you created. Lead synth lacks some power maybe try layering more? I love the fill at 1:20. Dat kickroll! :dance:. Overall a pretty decent track, just needs more mixing and finetuning the sounds.

Well here is something I've been working on the past few days

Hypanova - Apocalypse
Out now on Refuze Records!
https://www.hardstyle.com/hypanova/apocalypse
Hypanova
State Newcomer

Postby marmelad » 04 Dec 2016, 20:13

Hypanova:@Cryptex: Both mixes sound crisp and clear and have a very nice drive to it. I really like the melody of "NO!" it gives you that "hands up" festival feeling. Magic on the other hands sounds a bit generic. The melody sounds like it's 2008 all over again :D

@Quazhard_beat: Nice atmosphere you created. Lead synth lacks some power maybe try layering more? I love the fill at 1:20. Dat kickroll! :dance:. Overall a pretty decent track, just needs more mixing and finetuning the sounds.

Well here is something I've been working on the past few days

Nice kick, really captured the crunch in that. imo the melody isn't my thing but your synth is awesome. The second screech misses some reverb imo, really like the drop overall, but it does sound like generic rawstyle tbh. My advice would be to think outside the box, get inspiration from somewhere else, not from rawstyle artists.

This is my first track ever, just a fun project.
For those of you that havent seen the asian restaurant prank call, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmTiqKPnhiQ first

marmelad
State Newcomer

Postby Subjective » 05 Dec 2016, 15:30

@marmalad the melody isn't too good imo, personal prefference maybe. The synths and screeches sound really nice. I dont like your transfers ( for example at 1:50 ) I think the vocals arent really in line with the flow of the track. Nice ontro and outro u got there, nice use of vocals :P mine are mostly stolen from songs like this one down here xD

So a lot of people requested me to check out on EQ and technical stuff. I tried to learn as much as possible and used it in this "track"

Any advice is highly appreciated! (Had already heard that the vocals need some more EQing on the high end ...)

Subjective
State Outsider

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles