Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Sylence - Ode [Dirty Workz]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Malgranda » 11 Mar 2015, 22:39

Emre:
Malgranda:Doesn't make a difference to you right? DirtyTok seems to slap the word cheese on genres that are multiple genres to you (and can not be put in one box according to you). I tend to do that myself too with non-harderstyles genres because I simply don't know what genre they belong too.

OT: Not my favorite release from him, his kicks still bother me a little bit (don't know what it is about them) and this track doesn't make up for it in another way for me like Sonder ( _O_ ) does.

No, I associate cheese with cheesy, which makes me think of Justin Bieber & Ariana Grande and such. Euphoric HS is still harder than most music genres, of course there's way harder stuff but as you know Pop dominates a huge part of the world for example - that's cheese. Yes, and year of Summer is cheese. Cheesy vocals, made for big audience etc etc. But it's weird to call a atmospheric euphoric HS track cheese - Just because it has a melody. Let's call everything with a melody cheese then..?

Didn't say something even close to what you're thinking. Also that statement, let's call anything X if it meets criterium Y. It doesn't work like that and you know it does (you're smart like that) :) My point is DirtyTok likes to euphoric in a cheese box. He obviously 'uses a different definition' for cheese for himself than you do. You guys dont seem to be on the same wavelength when talking about what is and isnt cheese.
Malgranda (21)
Global Mod

Postby Emre » 11 Mar 2015, 23:05

Malgranda:
Emre:
Malgranda:Doesn't make a difference to you right? DirtyTok seems to slap the word cheese on genres that are multiple genres to you (and can not be put in one box according to you). I tend to do that myself too with non-harderstyles genres because I simply don't know what genre they belong too.

OT: Not my favorite release from him, his kicks still bother me a little bit (don't know what it is about them) and this track doesn't make up for it in another way for me like Sonder ( _O_ ) does.

No, I associate cheese with cheesy, which makes me think of Justin Bieber & Ariana Grande and such. Euphoric HS is still harder than most music genres, of course there's way harder stuff but as you know Pop dominates a huge part of the world for example - that's cheese. Yes, and year of Summer is cheese. Cheesy vocals, made for big audience etc etc. But it's weird to call a atmospheric euphoric HS track cheese - Just because it has a melody. Let's call everything with a melody cheese then..?

Didn't say something even close to what you're thinking. Also that statement, let's call anything X if it meets criterium Y. It doesn't work like that and you know it does (you're smart like that) :) My point is DirtyTok likes to euphoric in a cheese box. He obviously 'uses a different definition' for cheese for himself than you do. You guys dont seem to be on the same wavelength when talking about what is and isnt cheese.

Yeah I know what you mean; he sees the word 'cheese' in another way than I do. But I thought cheese/cheesy music-wise, is pretty much a widely used term for 'commercial' or 'soft'? So, thats why I reacted like that, partly influenced by disliking people that call euphoric HS soft music (not saying dirtytok calls it soft) but my reaction was influenced by it, because it gave me the 'everything needs to be harder'! 'Euphoric HS is soft' taste in my mouth, WHILE euphoric Hs is still a harder than most genres-genre.

Oh man i type way too confusing, basically i mean I thought cheese is used by everyone in the same way (commercial/soft) so I thought dirtytok meant that, and that makes me think of those raw/crossbreed listeners, who call euphoric hardstyle soft because THEIR genre is harder while 80% of genres is softer. But that had nothing to with DirtyTok himself, it just made me think of those everythingneedstobehard comments, hence my reaction.

Lets forget it now, no bad intentions :p
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby noiseshock_of » 12 Mar 2015, 05:41

so this track is on the top comments only because of agaaaaaaain the same discussion?

(jks j8son u know i like it m8 <3)

@Emre: For instance, I find dyro's or w&w's stuff, or even Shocker, harder than most euphoric hardstyle.
Yes Euphoric HS has the distorted kicks and 150 bpm and all the stuff that sets it as "hardstyle" but for some reason I find most bigroom house a lot harder, even without "hard" in the genre name. I don't see it as a bad thing though.
hmu if u agree
noiseshock_of (24)
Producer

Postby lola » 12 Mar 2015, 18:51

I'm a bit oldschool....Cheese=Vocals

If you like the vocals = Good cheese
If you don't like the vocals = Stale cheese

Not everyones cheese = your cheese

In the past, cheese = negative statement, but everyone has their own preference of cheese.

Jason put very little cheese in this track, not my kind of cheese, but still a great track! :p
lola
State Tourist

Postby P4RTYLOV3R » 21 Mar 2015, 23:45

Such a talent :O _O_
P4RTYLOV3R (27)
State Celebrity

Postby hurricane01 » 12 Apr 2015, 13:28

I love this track! (L) its so perfect made, everything is good! I love the intro,s he makes! :respect:
hurricane01
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles