Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Ran-D - Zombie [Roughstate]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 10 Aug 2017, 23:56

D-Jess:I honestly can't stand the hype around this track ... it's just an average track for me

I have the same opinion.
I often wonder how hype for tracks like this and other popular hyped tracks begins?

I doubt that over 4 million people have searched for this track on YT.

It's just weird how some tracks gets so hyped and popular and then everyone is talking about it like it's the greatest track ever.

Not to say that this track doesn't deserve it's views,but i just wonder why everyone is talking about a track and spamming YT,FB for a releasedate etc.

Hugh Mungus What?....Hugh Mungus What?...Hugh Mungus What?
hardstyleprem1um (31)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 11 Aug 2017, 00:13

Emre:I Kissed A Girl Tatanka bootleg is the list of controversal releases too xD

Ahh memories! Fuckin love that tune
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby VTraxx » 11 Aug 2017, 00:15

Emre:I Kissed A Girl Tatanka bootleg is the list of controversal releases too xD

But nothing can beat the #1 spot;

Where Did I Go, Where Did I Go.. :+
Waves, Voices, Distorted Noises..
VTraxx (26)
Verified Source Ninja

Postby bassfaceBAM » 11 Aug 2017, 00:30

hardstyleprem1um:
D-Jess:I honestly can't stand the hype around this track ... it's just an average track for me

I have the same opinion.
I often wonder how hype for tracks like this and other popular hyped tracks begins?

I doubt that over 4 million people have searched for this track on YT.

It's just weird how some tracks gets so hyped and popular and then everyone is talking about it like it's the greatest track ever.

Not to say that this track doesn't deserve it's views,but i just wonder why everyone is talking about a track and spamming YT,FB for a releasedate etc.

Well it took me by surprise mate. I think it's such a well put together track of a classic song. It was one of the highlights from the Qlimax sets that I heard and actually when you really think about it Ran D is one of the very best bootleg /remixers in Hardstyle. Just that qlimax set alone had remixes of tracks from Dr Dre, Disturbed, Confidential MX/Bee Gee's and of course The Cranberries.
It appeals to the masses since it crosses over hardstyle fans with other genres like pop rap and rock.
There was another thread somewhere saying how to introduce your non hardstyle listening friend to the genre and that half hour set is exactly what to give them.

Why is it getting more hype now? Ran D himself is promoting it of course. He's let everyone know it's an official remix. That in itself is quite an interesting thing as usually when I hear these bootlegs I think it could only hope it gets a free release but here we are in 2017 countless commercial EDM stars playing Hardstyle in fact making their big finale a Hardstyle track and remixes becoming official? The genre is getting bigger and I for am happy about it.
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 11 Aug 2017, 00:32

John Cove:Zany & DV8 - Nothing Else Matters was probably the most discussed track ever. It was the first more commercial/pop Hardstyle track.

This is exactly what I think of now that you mention it. This is like a modern Nothing Else Matters.
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Gommes_ » 11 Aug 2017, 12:09

Don't forget about this cover ;)

I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Postby iarsenal11 » 11 Aug 2017, 12:44

I'm finding lately on here that everyone loves these tracks when they are still unreleased but once they all get releases people are like "ehh its not that great." Maybe it's just the initial hype surrounding something new and fresh and then over time it feels old. I personally love this track and have been waiting for the release since Qlimax but to each their own! The difference in opinions is what makes music so great.
Stand before them and there is no beginning, follow them and there is no end.
Stay with the Project, move with the One.
iarsenal11
State Senior Citizen

Postby macdz » 11 Aug 2017, 13:39

Bomberz:This is an official remix, he is allowed to release the track as 'Ran-D - Zombie'. Producers usually use the same melody of the original track they are remixing.
Where the fuck is the problem with this track? Why should he been ashamed? Sometimes I can't stand this forum at all :sick:

agree on this, I dont see a point of this shitty talk/convo
Monitor Audio BX6, NAD C356-BEE, REL T5
macdz (29)
State Hero

Postby d2kx » 11 Aug 2017, 16:51

iarsenal11:I'm finding lately on here that everyone loves these tracks when they are still unreleased but once they all get releases people are like "ehh its not that great." Maybe it's just the initial hype surrounding something new and fresh and then over time it feels old. I personally love this track and have been waiting for the release since Qlimax but to each their own! The difference in opinions is what makes music so great.

Haha agreed. I am super looking forward to Zombie! I doubt there are many people who are not aware that this is a cover (regarding the discussion over the last few pages), and it's also not unheard of using this name scheme instead of OrigArtist - OrigTitle (xy Remix). I wouldn't be surprised if this is even welcomed by some labels, as no one minds a licensed "cover", but "The Cranberries - Zombie (Ran-D Remix)" could be mistaken for an officially endorsed & wanted remix by The Cranberries, which is a hilarious idea in this case but I think you get the idea.

Whatever, still an awesome track!
d2kx
State Senior Citizen

Postby Anile » 13 Aug 2017, 21:46

Finally got the full mix and what a banger :fist: Ran-D's vocals fit perfectly in this cover imo. It's been a while since I've liked a Ran-D release _O_
Anile
State Citizen

Postby d2kx » 14 Aug 2017, 00:02

Now released on RoughState and as an edit on Decibel outdoor 2017 compilation (Google Play). YES!
d2kx
State Senior Citizen

Postby Emre » 14 Aug 2017, 12:36

There it finally is (L)

Beautiful track _O_
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby Croatia0987 » 14 Aug 2017, 16:09

Great track- but I'm kinda missing the whistle lol.

Btw: Does anybody whether there is a chance that it gets released in the iTunes store?
Croatia0987
State Outsider

Postby bassfaceBAM » 14 Aug 2017, 21:19

d2kx:I wouldn't be surprised if this is even welcomed by some labels, as no one minds a licensed "cover", but "The Cranberries - Zombie (Ran-D Remix)" could be mistaken for an officially endorsed & wanted remix by The Cranberries, which is a hilarious idea in this case but I think you get the idea.

Whatever, still an awesome track!

Thing is, it is now an official remix fully supported by The Cranberries
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Rocko » 14 Aug 2017, 22:43

Well, it has outstanding feels effect and nostalgia, but other than that I don't think it warrants TOTY recognition. Many more original tracks this year deserve to be frontrunners in that race IMO.
Rocko
Global Mod

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles