Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Ran-D - Zombie [Roughstate]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby ThePrincipal » 10 Aug 2017, 12:40

^ i'm sure he wouldn't care what you think

I'm not a fan of this, but I'm not going to whinge about it...
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 10 Aug 2017, 12:44

Digital Shifter:
Emre:Well it's an official remix. He just doesn't call it a remix in this case. But the fact that it's an official remix must mean The Cranberries agreed with it so nothing too bad about it.

Legally or not, it is just a very uninspired track and I've lost all my respect towards this guy.

You lose all of your respect towards an artist because you think this track is uninspired? Or because he didn't use 'remix' in the title? If the first one, lolwfbbq. If the last one, there are dozens of hardstyle tracks which are complete remixes/bootlegs with but don't have that in the title.

i don't really get your reason to lose all respect for him.
propells:Because i like you broski. I love hardstyle and all the nice people in it, including you. All i want is a unified community where we all can appreaciate the same beautiful music with shittons of keta provided to us by the dutch government. Holy shit i love NL <3
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby bassfaceBAM » 10 Aug 2017, 12:51

Wow really can't understand the extreme divide this track has gotten. Think it's fuckin incredible my favourite Ran D release probably even better than The Message.
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Digital Shifter » 10 Aug 2017, 13:15

It's about the principal here.
If I would take someone else his work and call it my own I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore but that is just me.
I would stay up nights and take long walks and go to places to actually write something my own which is my point.
Creating/writing/composing music is all about that right?
THAT is my point.

Still, maybe it is a little bit dumb from me to say that I've lost all my respect towards him because he has way to many amazing tracks on his own name and with G4H.
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 10 Aug 2017, 13:22

If I would take someone else his work and call it my own I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore

There's not a single person on this world who will listen to Ran-D - Zombie and think the vocals, chords etc are originally by him, because it's such a famous song. The Cranberries don't get disadvantaged here.

and you think this is the only hardstyle remix/bootleg which doesn't have 'remix/bootleg' in the title? C'mon :+
Last edited by Emre on 10 Aug 2017, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
propells:Because i like you broski. I love hardstyle and all the nice people in it, including you. All i want is a unified community where we all can appreaciate the same beautiful music with shittons of keta provided to us by the dutch government. Holy shit i love NL <3
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 10 Aug 2017, 13:28

Emre:Well the title is Ran-D - Zombie instead of The Cranberries - Zombie (Ran-D Remix), true, but he doesn't literally call it his own track, everyone knows the original, and even if they didn't straight up know it, they remember the vocals when they listen to this track. Everyone knows the original track isn't made by Ran-D so he's doing not anything disrespectful to The Cranberries.

Jeez, my fucking sentences :+ .. let me try to be more clear: There's not a single person on this world who will listen to Ran-D - Zombie and think the vocals, chords etc are originally by him, because it's such a famous song. So- The Cranberries don't get disadvantaged here at least.

Oh lord... Give it a rest EMRE. Why do you have to write page after page when someone disagree with you. Just comment on the track and say if you love it or hate it.

Hugh Mungus What?....Hugh Mungus What?...Hugh Mungus What?
hardstyleprem1um (31)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 10 Aug 2017, 13:31

hardstyleprem1um:
Emre:Well the title is Ran-D - Zombie instead of The Cranberries - Zombie (Ran-D Remix), true, but he doesn't literally call it his own track, everyone knows the original, and even if they didn't straight up know it, they remember the vocals when they listen to this track. Everyone knows the original track isn't made by Ran-D so he's doing not anything disrespectful to The Cranberries.

Jeez, my fucking sentences :+ .. let me try to be more clear: There's not a single person on this world who will listen to Ran-D - Zombie and think the vocals, chords etc are originally by him, because it's such a famous song. So- The Cranberries don't get disadvantaged here at least.

Oh lord... Give it a rest EMRE. Why do you have to write page after page when someone disagree with you. Just comment on the track and say if you love it or hate it.

Well fuck me for using arguments to back up my opinion right? Let's just say 'You're wrong just because you are', very intelligent convo's incoming then!

Oh btw the stuff you quoted = basically he is not gaining profit behind the back of other artists, because everyone knows the original artists anyways which is common sense and not opinion.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby Digital Shifter » 10 Aug 2017, 13:35

Discussion is why were here hardstyleprem1um.
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 10 Aug 2017, 13:41

What Digital Shifter said, forums are for discussions, why the fuck is it every time a discussion starts people have to complain? There was 0 agression in this discussion, we're all hardstyle lovers, doesn't mean we have to agree on everything. Used quite a lot of forums in my life and this is literally the only place where people complain about discussions.

Already scraped a lot of options off my 'things to post list' because people are offended way too fast, if I gotta scrap healthy discussions too, what's left?
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby Digital Shifter » 10 Aug 2017, 13:45

Some people are like your profile picture emre, adding some salt here and some salt there :+ :+
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 10 Aug 2017, 14:31

Digital Shifter:It's about the principal here.
If I would take someone else his work and call it my own I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore but that is just me.
I would stay up nights and take long walks and go to places to actually write something my own which is my point.
Creating/writing/composing music is all about that right?

THAT is my point.

Still, maybe it is a little bit dumb from me to say that I've lost all my respect towards him because he has way to many amazing tracks on his own name and with G4H.

To talk about your sentences that I put in bold
- He re-sang the track
- He re-worked the melody
- I would think he didn't make this as taking someone else's work
- Ran-D has written all kinds of hardstyle and lyrics from scratch so one or two remixes of famous tracks (including this and voodoo people) shouldn't really detract your view of what that artist is like

And it's clearly got to a point where most non-hardstyle acts don't particularly care about being credited when hardstyle people use their elements or lyrics or whatever in a song. It's becoming less and less that 'bootlegs' of things are NOT getting official releases (ie. Frequencerz - The Unknown). Big labels wouldn't release things without clearance.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby The Convicted » 10 Aug 2017, 14:59

I guess if it gets an official release, it's because Cranberries gave their permission for that... or I hope so :P

The track itself is not for me, I'd rather hear bootlegs/remixes like the one made from Uprising :fist:
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby Bomberz » 10 Aug 2017, 14:59

This is an official remix, he is allowed to release the track as 'Ran-D - Zombie'. Producers usually use the same melody of the original track they are remixing.
Where the fuck is the problem with this track? Why should he been ashamed? Sometimes I can't stand this forum at all :sick:
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby bassfaceBAM » 10 Aug 2017, 15:05

ThePrincipal:- He re-sang the track

Ran D did the actual vocals?
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby The Convicted » 10 Aug 2017, 15:11

Yes, he use to sing in his own tracks many times.
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles