Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Project One - Maximum Force (Defqon.1 Anthem 2018) [Q-Dance]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby c38 » 16 May 2018, 21:08

Tuset:It's like the typical track I listen in a podcast that I somewhat like but don't even bother to look what's the title. Sadly.

THIS

I think it's the worst dfq1 anthem ever :'(
c38
State Newcomer

Postby The Ascendant » 17 May 2018, 00:37

This is one of the first tracks in my 10 years of listening to Hardstyle that I have disliked more and more as I have listened to it. At first I was keen to it and hoping Q-Dance might have a new concept like Hard Bass with multiple anthems, but if this is IT (the 1 and only anthem) then this might be one of the biggest letdowns in Hardstyle history in my opinion.
The Ascendant (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Amperial » 17 May 2018, 17:49

The Ascendant:This is one of the first tracks in my 10 years of listening to Hardstyle that I have disliked more and more as I have listened to it. At first I was keen to it and hoping Q-Dance might have a new concept like Hard Bass with multiple anthems, but if this is IT (the 1 and only anthem) then this might be one of the biggest letdowns in Hardstyle history in my opinion.

Totally.

The worst thing is the obvious abuse and milking of big names.
They are just destroying the defqon vibe and the good old Project One name.

Defqon is losing the spirit with that shit.

I've never ranted about the Defqon Anthems. The last two ones were great - even at first listen.
But this one is the worst of them all.

Not giving other producers the chance is one thing. A terrible generic "Anthem" with cheesy chords without atmosphere from well known Producers is the climax.
Amperial
State Senior Citizen

Postby D-Jess » 24 May 2018, 23:53

Honestly I never seen so much hate on a Defqon.1 anthem since Scrap Attack, the first DQ.1 anthem I heard, and I don't get the hate on this one.

Yeah, it's not a incredible anthem, the DQ.1 feeling isn't here but seriously, when I hear everything "worst anthem ever", "shit anthem" and etc, honestly there's a lot of anthems way worse than this one ... (like Destination by NCBM, Dragonblood, Equilibrium, Raw & Uncut and others)

Now what I hope is that the overly negative reception of the anthem will not totally discredit Project One :(

Rawphoric is just now the only and pure shit in the actual Hardstyle scene, Euphoric and Raw don't make the weight next.
D-Jess (23)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 25 May 2018, 01:35

yeah It's not putrid or anything - it's just either your style or not.

This is a lot better than Crap Attack! ;)
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Neon » 25 May 2018, 10:46

The song on its own is fine, I can’t speak for anyone else but the fact as previously said, this is a full on milk by Q which ruins it. It is discrediting the ‘special’ feeling/act of Project One by pushing out a subpar, poor anthem. Heady and Wildstylez latest releases are all massive this just doesn’t compare at all.
Qlimax '14 '15 '16
Hard Bass '18
Neon (26)
State Native

Postby Tuset » 25 May 2018, 12:02

Neon:The song on its own is fine, I can’t speak for anyone else but the fact as previously said, this is a full on milk by Q which ruins it. It is discrediting the ‘special’ feeling/act of Project One by pushing out a subpar, poor anthem. Heady and Wildstylez latest releases are all massive this just doesn’t compare at all.

Exactly.
What bothers me is that they seem like they don't care. Headhunterz uploaded an Instagram Story a couple of days ago, playing the anthem in a festival, with the text "Where are haters at?". It's not haters, the problem is your f* anthem, and, given all this controversy, you should really speak up with your fans and accept, or at least think about it.
Stay with the Project, move with the One

The Qontinent 2015 - Reverze 2016 - Decibel Outdoor The Weekend 2016, 2017 - Qlimax 2016, 2017 - Return of Headhunterz
Tuset
State Senior Citizen

Postby PiozMioz » 25 May 2018, 13:40

Tuset:Exactly.
What bothers me is that they seem like they don't care. Headhunterz uploaded an Instagram Story a couple of days ago, playing the anthem in a festival, with the text "Where are haters at?". It's not haters, the problem is your f* anthem, and, given all this controversy, you should really speak up with your fans and accept, or at least think about it.

Yea, that may be the point. I also have the feeling that the anthem is not a big thing for them anymore, since they did a few (and good ones). By the fact that their latest solo release are very good (exspecially Joram is on fire lately :dance:). A new artist would have put more effort into this I guess.
But hey I just can repeat myself, it's just one track at a weekend full of great and fresh music. :one:
PiozMioz
State Citizen

Postby KiLLu12258 » 25 May 2018, 16:56

Amperial:
The Ascendant:This is one of the first tracks in my 10 years of listening to Hardstyle that I have disliked more and more as I have listened to it. At first I was keen to it and hoping Q-Dance might have a new concept like Hard Bass with multiple anthems, but if this is IT (the 1 and only anthem) then this might be one of the biggest letdowns in Hardstyle history in my opinion.

Totally.

The worst thing is the obvious abuse and milking of big names.
They are just destroying the defqon vibe and the good old Project One name.

Defqon is losing the spirit with that shit.

I've never ranted about the Defqon Anthems. The last two ones were great - even at first listen.
But this one is the worst of them all.

Not giving other producers the chance is one thing. A terrible generic "Anthem" with cheesy chords without atmosphere from well known Producers is the climax.

i cant see defqon is losing the spirit couse of this track.. defqon is a bit more then one track, okay you will hear it a few times, i bet you will party on the track and after defqon maybe you dont hear it again.

for me its still a okayish anthem and im fine with it, but for sure its nothing special and specially for p1 a bit generic..
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Postby koullis21r » 29 May 2018, 11:23

So after listening to the track so many times, i do agree with most people that this could have been much better.

At the same time though, i can not stop thinking that this track was created around the idea of one sole purpose, the end show. Even though, every single track can be played during an end show, only some have the ability to go hand-in-hand with all the fireworks and show.

Project One's anthem is exactly that specific track. Even though as a auditive experience it's easy forgettable, during the end show i think it will offer goosebumps all over.Just listen to it one more time and imagine with what defqon is offering the past few years during the show how fucking amazing everything would be. The build-up, the climax, the break were all taken into account with the idea of the firework show.
koullis21r
State Newcomer

Postby KiLLu12258 » 29 May 2018, 11:40

koullis21r:So after listening to the track so many times, i do agree with most people that this could have been much better.

At the same time though, i can not stop thinking that this track was created around the idea of one sole purpose, the end show. Even though, every single track can be played during an end show, only some have the ability to go hand-in-hand with all the fireworks and show.

Project One's anthem is exactly that specific track. Even though as a auditive experience it's easy forgettable, during the end show i think it will offer goosebumps all over.Just listen to it one more time and imagine with what defqon is offering the past few years during the show how fucking amazing everything would be. The build-up, the climax, the break were all taken into account with the idea of the firework show.

good point
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Postby Reverse Ghost » 29 May 2018, 12:36

Am I the only person who actually thinks this is a decent anthem? Given how last year's anthem was as simple in the melody and how boring the one before was, this is definitely an improvement in my opinion. Not as good as some past anthems, but the Wildstylez, Noisecontrollers, and Frontliner anthems are completely untouchable imo.
At the same time I understand the criticism of yet having another Headhunterz (co)produced anthem, this honestly does sound like anyone else could have made it. Only thing that keeps the signature "Headhunterz" sound is the lead used in the melody, otherwise as we know the melody isn't 100% originally thought of yet still sounds as memorable as any P1 track. Diggin the mid-intro, too.
Would have rather seen this as an OST track like Gold Skies for Decibel 2015, and heard someone else create the main them such as Sub Zero Project or Audiotricz.
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby ceero » 29 May 2018, 12:46

^nope, i love it as well. It has everything, proper summer vibe, true Defqon feeling, funky intro. But you can never satisfy everyone, people see Project1 as the maker of the tune and expect Art of Creation 2.0 mixed with Scrap Attack and wont accept anything less.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby mrcax5 » 29 May 2018, 12:56

ceero:^nope, i love it as well. It has everything, proper summer vibe, true Defqon feeling, funky intro. But you can never satisfy everyone, people see Project1 as the maker of the tune and expect Art of Creation 2.0 mixed with Scrap Attack and wont accept anything less.

:one: quoted for truth. Totally agree, I love it also
The DJ spins a galaxy of black vinyl, for the gods that came to dance!

Hard Island '15 '16 '17| Qlimax '15 '16 '17 | Freaqshow '17 | HardBass '18 | Reverze '18

mrcax5 (25)
State Native

Postby Emre » 29 May 2018, 13:02

But you can never satisfy everyone, people see Project1 as the maker of the tune and expect Art of Creation 2.0 mixed with Scrap Attack and wont accept anything less.

This. Counts for any anthem btw, I don't get the high expectations for anthems, I don't think the purpose of anthems should be that they are better than regular tracks or something, so maybe that's why I don't have that expectation bar.
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles