Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Radical Redemption - The Spell of Sin [Minus Is More]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby SpiRiT` » 06 Dec 2013, 17:22

Only a few tracks that I really like, the rest all sounds the same :(
SpiRiT` (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 06 Dec 2013, 17:39

Best! yes I've said it, best hardstyle/hardcore album ever made! _O_ Thats just a whole new level of this kind of music! (L) Big ass review is coming up
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby The Convicted » 06 Dec 2013, 17:42

There are 10-12 tracks I love in this album, so it deserves to be the best one in 2013 definitely _O_
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominator Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (22)
Global Mod

Postby Bomberz » 06 Dec 2013, 18:01

My favs (L): Insanity, Rulers, Accumulated Filth, River of Souls, On The Brink Of Extinction, God's Child, The Spell of Sin, Condemned, Blame Society, Don't F*ck With The Radical, One by One, When You're Gone and The Ultimate Diss

Album of the decade for me _O_
Bomberz (23)
Global Mod

Postby Zak » 06 Dec 2013, 21:02

Love some tracks, don't like some, but this collab with Frequencerz... :omg: :omg: :fist:
In memory of Atomicoz
Audiofreq:As much as I love bleeding edge, ultra-fresh music...
There's definitely something special about hardstyle from 2006-2010....
Zak (27)
State Native

Postby NEKA » 07 Dec 2013, 00:15

Don't Fuck With The Radical might be my raw track of the year. That anti just hits so freaking hard.
NEKA (23)
Producer

Postby John Cove » 07 Dec 2013, 00:16

I'm not a fan of RR's sounddesign, sounds too muddy for me.
John Cove (29)
Crab

Postby ceero » 07 Dec 2013, 00:41

This guy defo has a nice (wont say unique cuz its pretty much mainstream hardcore and kinda copy of Crypsis to some level) sound but he totally kills it by making 30 alike tracks instead of, lets say 5 or 6 ones he'd put a bit more effort in.
This album is exactly the same as the first one (except now there are twice as many tracks) - a few nice tracks here and there but absolutely zero variation (even the wasted penguinz album sounded more diverse imo), got a feeling im listening to the same track 15th time in a row. Would be absolutely good to release just one or two 4 tracker EPs and skip 2/3 of the album instead of this, would sound way more special. Because at cca 10th track i got a feeling the only thing that changes is the screech pattern and vocal.
The nice ones (and ones i can remember after 3rd listening of the album)

In The House (E-Force just cant go wrong _O_ )
Insanity
Civil Disobedience
River Of Souls
On The Brink Of Extinction

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby tha rippah » 07 Dec 2013, 01:11

I absolutely love "Blame Society (with High Voltage)"! Those vocals are so awesome and it's damn banging! (L) There are also some other nice tracks, but overall I agree with the posts above. And this wannabe darkness gets cheesy after a while. :)
tha rippah (35)
Global Mod

Postby P4RTYLOV3R » 07 Dec 2013, 10:36

ceero:This guy defo has a nice (wont say unique cuz its pretty much mainstream hardcore and kinda copy of Crypsis to some level) sound but he totally kills it by making 30 alike tracks instead of, lets say 5 or 6 ones he'd put a bit more effort in.
This album is exactly the same as the first one (except now there are twice as many tracks) - a few nice tracks here and there but absolutely zero variation (even the wasted penguinz album sounded more diverse imo), got a feeling im listening to the same track 15th time in a row. Would be absolutely good to release just one or two 4 tracker EPs and skip 2/3 of the album instead of this, would sound way more special. Because at cca 10th track i got a feeling the only thing that changes is the screech pattern and vocal.
The nice ones (and ones i can remember after 3rd listening of the album)

In The House (E-Force just cant go wrong _O_ )
Insanity
Civil Disobedience
River Of Souls
On The Brink Of Extinction

I have to disagree! ;) Annililate was indeed an overrated album with non-mastered tracks, few collabs with the MIM crew only, even though I liked some tracks, especially the overplayed ones. The Black Demon was my favourite :)
The Spell Of Sin is light years better - we got both, unique RR solo tracks and massive collaborations. It'll be hard to forget Godschild, Insanity (ft. Frequencerz), Accumulated Filth, One By One, just to name a few. Comparing it to the first RR album is just a nonsense. It seems you just don't like his style, Ceero ;)
The only thing I could agree is the fact that there ale too many similar tracks, for example Prostitute and Ultimate Diss. A one CD with the best and not forced tracks would last.
P4RTYLOV3R (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Digital Audio Tape » 07 Dec 2013, 11:05

I wound up being pretty disappointed with this album. so little variation in the tracks, so monotonous... there are great and even awesome tracks like God's Child or One By One (heck even Insanity didn't turn out that mindblowing after a thorough listen) and some more (somewhere around 10 tracks actually, don't want to post all the names tho), but generally it wasn't that awesome. still better than Annihilation tho
Brennan Heart:It's called hardstyle for good reason. It's hard and it's style

aw yiss! My new shiny facebook page!
Digital Audio Tape (29)
Crab

Postby Absence » 07 Dec 2013, 11:55

001. Salvation 4
002. Insanity (& Frequencerz) 7
003. Everyone has Died 6.5
004. Rulers (& Chain Reaction) 6
005. Accumulated Filth 7
006. River of Souls (& Digital Punk) 5.5
007. The Resurrected Soul 6
008. On The Brink Of Extinction (& Crypsis) 6.5
009. Civil Disobedience (Official Rauw Op Je Dak Anthem) 3
010. God's Child 5
011. Prostitute 5
012. The Motherload (& Kold Konexion) 6
013. Brutal 3.0 4.5
014. The Spell of Sin (ft. MC Tha Watcher) 5.5
CD1:77.5/5=5.5

CD2:
001. Under The Radar 7.5
002. Condemned 7
003. In The House (& E-Force) 6
004. Dj DaY-mar - Feel Terror Cloud Your Senses (RR Remix) 5
005. Blame Society (& High Voltage) 7
006. I Spit On You 3
007. Drug 'n Roll (& Crypsis) 5.5
008. Don't F*ck With The Radical (ft. MC Jeff) 6
009. One by One (& Tartaros) 5
010. Devastation & Disorder (Official Daylight Anthem 2012) 4.5
011. Creation of Hell 4.5
012. When You're Gone (& Angerfist) 4
013. The Ultimate Diss 3
014. Unparalelled Evil (& Drokz) 6.5
CD2: 74.5/14=5.3
Full Album: 5.4
I'm too lazy to translate my whole review, but I will translate my conclusion:
The album is a typical example of quantity over quality, allthough I doubt the lack of quality is the result of spending too little time or just his technical incapabilities. In both cases I would spend more time on each individual track to learn how to properly finish one. Besides from the quality of the tracks, I was also annoyed by the long breaks on this album. Something I didn't expect from an album at this edge of the hardstyle genre. If you copy and paste all breaks and buildups you could fill the whole second CD with it. I really don't mind a break, it could give your climax just that little bit extra, but if the climaxes are far from special, the whole break becomes useless and also decreases the value of having a good break. The album also lacks diversity (apart from a bpm increase), the only thing different i came across was CD2 track 1. That's far too little on 28 tracks, which brings me to the conclusion quantity over quality again.
Note: Some ratings on CD2 can be explained by the fact that I really hate Mainstream Hardcore.
Einstein said only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
I'm not sure about the universe.
Absence (28)
State Native

Postby Faber93 » 07 Dec 2013, 12:38

RR is one of my favourite producers, and I really like this album, but imo there are too tracks. At the beginning it might been a 16 tracks album If I remember well, and because of the late he added some tracks, more in my opinion, for example The Ultimate Diss, Civil Disobedience or Don't Fuck with The Radical. My favourite is Blame Society, but I also really love One By One, God's Child, Brutal and Unparalleled Evil
Faber93 (24)
State Native

Postby DjPractice » 07 Dec 2013, 13:01

lots of fillers on this but the absolute belters are awesome.

God's Child clearly the highlight (and my track of the year)
but The Motherload, On The Brink of Extinction, Don't Fuck with the Radical, In The House, Prostitute (One By One - both the same but still mad) are wonderful. Plus, the track with Drokz is some sick crossbreed
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby ceero » 07 Dec 2013, 13:04

P4RTYLOV3R:It seems you just don't like his style, Ceero ;)
The only thing I could agree is the fact that there ale too many similar tracks, for example Prostitute and Ultimate Diss. A one CD with the best and not forced tracks would last.

No, i do! Dont get me wrong! All i am trying to say is that with making so many alike tracks all the uniqueness of the sound is gone and it sounds kinda cheap as whole. I hope next time he will come with a simple ep or something :)

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles