Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Radical Redemption - The One Man Army [Minus Is More]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby nerz » 09 Nov 2015, 18:39

my first impression is the same as yours. this album would've been neat but all of the tracks sound the same. same kicks, same leads, basically same everything. and yeah, i know this has been his new signature sound but still...

though there are a few tracks i like: suicide bassline, die bitch, choppin' bodies, q-base tribute, failure.
nerz (27)
State Celebrity

Postby John Cove » 09 Nov 2015, 19:13

DjPractice:he just did what Angerfist did with Mutilate - 45 tracks (and 2 mix cds). So just read it as 3cds,

I find it absolutely hysterical that people are so upset that someone they don't like is so popular......boo fucking hoo. How do you think oldies felt in 2009-2011 when Frontliner, DBSTF, Heady were hyped so much but their music quality wasn't that good either

its just fucking funny, thats all.

Ah c'mon Practice, I have nothing against him. I'm only talking about this album. 45 tracks on one album which lacks diversity is just too much. Almost all of these tracks will be forgotten soon like almost any other HS album.
John Cove (29)
Crab

Postby Tritta » 09 Nov 2015, 19:48

The Act Of Rage collab, it's fucking RIDICULOUS how awesome it is, the third climax is unbelievable, defo the best one here _O_
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby P.L.K » 09 Nov 2015, 19:59

how awesome that masterblade remix is :naughty: :naughty:
P.L.K (20)
State Celebrity

Postby Shadder » 10 Nov 2015, 04:58

A shitons of songs yes, and a lot of forgetful ones I guess but omg, there are somes fucking MASTERPIECES here...

Maybe only like 10, but still fucking worth it !!
Shadder
State Senior Citizen

Postby Tritta » 10 Nov 2015, 13:42

Let's give the Trittawards for this album !

Best Hardstyle track : Stay True w/ Act Of Rage
Best Hardcore track : Masters Of The Great Conspiracy w/ Angerfist
Best solo (original) : Piece Of Shit
Best collab : Stay True w/ Act Of Rage
Best overall track : Stay True w/ Act Of Rage

Best good surprise : Release The Fear w/ E-Force ex aequo w/ Retaliate With Hate w/ Digital Punk
Most original track : You With Me w/ Outbreak

Best remix by album's artist : Blademasterz - Masterblade (Radical Redemption Remix)
Best remix by another artist : I Spit On You (Act Of Rage Remix)
Best DJ Tool : Decibel Tribute

Most melodic track : Frontliner & Radical Redemption w/ Frontliner
Rawest track : Suicide Bassline
Hardest track : Killswitch w/ Bloodcage
Fastest track : Rythmic Structure w/ Drokz
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 10 Nov 2015, 17:55

Ok heres my full track by track review ;)

Show spoiler
001. Intro
002. The One Man Army (ft. MC Nolz) - Good vocals and quite a nice melody 8/10
003. Stay True (& Act of Rage) - I don't really like the concept to change up the melodies that much during the track but its really well done anyway 7/10
004. Big Boys - I don't like the melody but the intro is huge! 6/10
005. Heal & Raise (& Crypsis) - So much angerfist influence; if angerfist would do a raw track thats how it would sound like for sure! Lovely atmosphere! 7/10
006. Choppin' Bodies (& Hard Driver) - Hard Drivers ability to let a melody sound huge even if its utterly simple is astonishing! Bomb track! 9/10
007. Piece of Shit - I love this darth vader breath in the intro and the kick pitches! The proof that radical redemption really stepped his game up a lot! Its just not my favourite melody from him 8/10
008. Hard Bass Tribute - Well done for a tool, and its a nice mashup of those anthems. But nothing too ordinary 6/10
009. Brutal 5.0 - I'll skip this one 2/10
010. Suicide Bassline - The intro gives me shivers. But again, I don't like the melody. 7/10
011. Criminal (Radical Redemption Remix) - Original is better, but this one isnt bad, just a bit uninspired. 6/10
012. Retaliate With Hate (& Digital Punk ft. MC Alee) - Too much compression on the kick for me, the tail sounds so squeezed when it pitches. Nice track anyway, because of the vocals and melody. The 2nd climax is maybe one of the best antis I've heard in my life. 8/10
013. East Side Connection - Nope. 2/10
014. Scream (& Miss K8 ft. MC Nolz) - I'm a sucker for melodic hardcore like this one. This one's a gem! 9/10
015. Masters of the Great Conspiracy (& Angerfist) - Not quite as good as "when youre gone" but still a massive quality in this one! 8/10

CD2 Full Tracks
001. Cross of Blood - Weird melody, didn't grow on me. Maybe it will.. 5/10
002. Frontliner & Radical Redemption (& Frontliner) - Still one of my alltime favourites 9/10
003. Mad Man (ft. MC Nolz) - Doesn't stand out in any way, except maybe the vocals which I've heard worse ones. Nice with the different kicks but it lacks something. 5/10
004. Q-Base Tribute - In this one his choir really takes a lot of the atmosphere instead of increasing it. Theres more potential in this one than used. 4/10
005. You With Me (& Outbreak) - This kick is so awesome! Really refreshing track! I just wouldn't have used a sidechained melody.. 7/10
006. Die Bitch - Again the melody isn't my cup of tea, and since this one really is built around the melody, I need to give only 5/10
007. Wash Away - Awesome intro, weird melody and average anti. But because of the kick this one gets 8/10.
008. I Spit On You (Act of Rage Remix) - Not that much of a difference to the original. Really have my respect for act of rage, cool guy and awesome producer. But I think he couldve gone more risky with changing up the track more. 7/10
009. Judge Me - Werent the vocals already used in an angerfist track? Anyway, Quite like this one. Nothing too outstanding 7/10
010. My Name Is - Again way too overcompressed kick. But ok track 6/10
011. Release The Fear (& E-Force) - As an E-force fanboy... Awesome track! 9/10
012. Injustice & Pain - Nice one! An solo hardcore track which really works! 8/10
013. Killswitch (& Bloodcage) - Oh damn, thats some hardcore. Absolutely brutal track! I love it! 9/10
014. God's Child (Minus Militia Remix) - Wasn't my cup of tea either on the minus milita album. Hasn't changed till now. 5/10
015. Crash The Party - Sounds like a heavily pitched up raw track. Tempo doesn't fit the kick. 4/10

CD3 Full Tracks
001. Masterblade (Radical Redemption Remix) - Well its ok, doesn't hit me with a hammer though. Bit underwhelming after reading a few opinions here and then listening to it. 6/10
002. Failure - This.Is.It! What a melody! 10/10
003. Blood, Sweat & Tears (& Digital Punk & Crypsis) - Its kinda overplayed by now so it doesn't get me anymore.. 6/10
004. The Funfair of Madness - Still awesome! 9/10
005. Watch Yourself (The Pitcher Remix) - Really impressed by this one. Pollens new kick is awesome. Can see a lot of people bragging about this one but I really like it! 9/10
006. Brutal 4.0 - Better than 5.0, but nowhere near 3.0! 6/10
007. United From The Start (& Hard Driver) - Still like it 7/10
008. Decibel Tribute - Those tools really don't get me, I mean its nicely made but it feels as it lacks something. 5/10
009. The Black Demon (Digital Punk Remix) - Heavily overplayed but good track 6/10
010. Death Metal (& Frequencerz) - Lovely! Nice work on the vocal. 8/10
011. Unforgettable (Radical Redemption Remix) - Never liked this one. 3/10
012. Snakepit (& Dyprax) - Good but generic hardcore 7/10
013. Jugde Me (Minus Militia Remix) - Bit useless, great idea to push the tempo on this but useless with only 2 mins length. Has potential though. 6/10
014. Bring Us Some (& Destructive Tendencies) - Awesome! 9/10
015. Rhythmic Structure (& Drokz) - Hoped for something more terror, but nice track anyway, really like it. But doesn't sound like drokz unfortunately 8/10

Was a bit afraid after his latest EPs and his obvious style switch but I'm glad that his style hadn't changed that much. And I really appreciate that he did 45 tracks, and damn some are full of quality. So it feels for me like its quantity & quality and I really like that!
Best track is probably Failure, this melody will be stuck in my ear for my entire life!
Also really worth to check out if you havent got your hands on this album are tracks like Choppin Bodies, Scream, Release The Fear, Killswitch and Bring us some.
Hard to say if this one is better than The spell of sin... I'd say they are both really really good!
If you like metallic snares which destroy your eardrum, kickswitches & rolls, screechfests and vocalcuts, this album is for you! And I love all of those! (L) (L)
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby Eceerg » 10 Nov 2015, 18:21

Neko:Ok heres my full track by track review ;)

Show spoiler
001. Intro
002. The One Man Army (ft. MC Nolz) - Good vocals and quite a nice melody 8/10
003. Stay True (& Act of Rage) - I don't really like the concept to change up the melodies that much during the track but its really well done anyway 7/10
004. Big Boys - I don't like the melody but the intro is huge! 6/10
005. Heal & Raise (& Crypsis) - So much angerfist influence; if angerfist would do a raw track thats how it would sound like for sure! Lovely atmosphere! 7/10
006. Choppin' Bodies (& Hard Driver) - Hard Drivers ability to let a melody sound huge even if its utterly simple is astonishing! Bomb track! 9/10
007. Piece of Shit - I love this darth vader breath in the intro and the kick pitches! The proof that radical redemption really stepped his game up a lot! Its just not my favourite melody from him 8/10
008. Hard Bass Tribute - Well done for a tool, and its a nice mashup of those anthems. But nothing too ordinary 6/10
009. Brutal 5.0 - I'll skip this one 2/10
010. Suicide Bassline - The intro gives me shivers. But again, I don't like the melody. 7/10
011. Criminal (Radical Redemption Remix) - Original is better, but this one isnt bad, just a bit uninspired. 6/10
012. Retaliate With Hate (& Digital Punk ft. MC Alee) - Too much compression on the kick for me, the tail sounds so squeezed when it pitches. Nice track anyway, because of the vocals and melody. The 2nd climax is maybe one of the best antis I've heard in my life. 8/10
013. East Side Connection - Nope. 2/10
014. Scream (& Miss K8 ft. MC Nolz) - I'm a sucker for melodic hardcore like this one. This one's a gem! 9/10
015. Masters of the Great Conspiracy (& Angerfist) - Not quite as good as "when youre gone" but still a massive quality in this one! 8/10

CD2 Full Tracks
001. Cross of Blood - Weird melody, didn't grow on me. Maybe it will.. 5/10
002. Frontliner & Radical Redemption (& Frontliner) - Still one of my alltime favourites 9/10
003. Mad Man (ft. MC Nolz) - Doesn't stand out in any way, except maybe the vocals which I've heard worse ones. Nice with the different kicks but it lacks something. 5/10
004. Q-Base Tribute - In this one his choir really takes a lot of the atmosphere instead of increasing it. Theres more potential in this one than used. 4/10
005. You With Me (& Outbreak) - This kick is so awesome! Really refreshing track! I just wouldn't have used a sidechained melody.. 7/10
006. Die Bitch - Again the melody isn't my cup of tea, and since this one really is built around the melody, I need to give only 5/10
007. Wash Away - Awesome intro, weird melody and average anti. But because of the kick this one gets 8/10.
008. I Spit On You (Act of Rage Remix) - Not that much of a difference to the original. Really have my respect for act of rage, cool guy and awesome producer. But I think he couldve gone more risky with changing up the track more. 7/10
009. Judge Me - Werent the vocals already used in an angerfist track? Anyway, Quite like this one. Nothing too outstanding 7/10
010. My Name Is - Again way too overcompressed kick. But ok track 6/10
011. Release The Fear (& E-Force) - As an E-force fanboy... Awesome track! 9/10
012. Injustice & Pain - Nice one! An solo hardcore track which really works! 8/10
013. Killswitch (& Bloodcage) - Oh damn, thats some hardcore. Absolutely brutal track! I love it! 9/10
014. God's Child (Minus Militia Remix) - Wasn't my cup of tea either on the minus milita album. Hasn't changed till now. 5/10
015. Crash The Party - Sounds like a heavily pitched up raw track. Tempo doesn't fit the kick. 4/10

CD3 Full Tracks
001. Masterblade (Radical Redemption Remix) - Well its ok, doesn't hit me with a hammer though. Bit underwhelming after reading a few opinions here and then listening to it. 6/10
002. Failure - This.Is.It! What a melody! 10/10
003. Blood, Sweat & Tears (& Digital Punk & Crypsis) - Its kinda overplayed by now so it doesn't get me anymore.. 6/10
004. The Funfair of Madness - Still awesome! 9/10
005. Watch Yourself (The Pitcher Remix) - Really impressed by this one. Pollens new kick is awesome. Can see a lot of people bragging about this one but I really like it! 9/10
006. Brutal 4.0 - Better than 5.0, but nowhere near 3.0! 6/10
007. United From The Start (& Hard Driver) - Still like it 7/10
008. Decibel Tribute - Those tools really don't get me, I mean its nicely made but it feels as it lacks something. 5/10
009. The Black Demon (Digital Punk Remix) - Heavily overplayed but good track 6/10
010. Death Metal (& Frequencerz) - Lovely! Nice work on the vocal. 8/10
011. Unforgettable (Radical Redemption Remix) - Never liked this one. 3/10
012. Snakepit (& Dyprax) - Good but generic hardcore 7/10
013. Jugde Me (Minus Militia Remix) - Bit useless, great idea to push the tempo on this but useless with only 2 mins length. Has potential though. 6/10
014. Bring Us Some (& Destructive Tendencies) - Awesome! 9/10
015. Rhythmic Structure (& Drokz) - Hoped for something more terror, but nice track anyway, really like it. But doesn't sound like drokz unfortunately 8/10

Was a bit afraid after his latest EPs and his obvious style switch but I'm glad that his style hadn't changed that much. And I really appreciate that he did 45 tracks, and damn some are full of quality. So it feels for me like its quantity & quality and I really like that!
Best track is probably Failure, this melody will be stuck in my ear for my entire life!
Also really worth to check out if you havent got your hands on this album are tracks like Choppin Bodies, Scream, Release The Fear, Killswitch and Bring us some.
Hard to say if this one is better than The spell of sin... I'd say they are both really really good!
If you like metallic snares which destroy your eardrum, kickswitches & rolls, screechfests and vocalcuts, this album is for you! And I love all of those! (L) (L)

_O_ _O_ _O_
Zonic:Next raw project will probably be called Bass Attackz with tracks like "Slam the pussy", "Kick in the ass", "Revenge the dick", "Fuck", "Coitus & KICKZ", "Niggas bass"

Facebook
Eceerg (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 10 Nov 2015, 20:07

Am i wrong or Suicide Bassline intro is the same of Radical Redemption & Crypsis - Darkness Is Calling?
--- Retired producer from Italy who loves reverse bass ---
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (21)
Producer

Postby Tritta » 10 Nov 2015, 20:40

ChristianHardstyle:Am i wrong or Suicide Bassline intro is the same of Radical Redemption & Crypsis - Darkness Is Calling?

It's a tribute :)
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby Amperial » 14 Nov 2015, 12:37

Tritta:Let's give the Trittawards for this album !

Best good surprise : Release The Fear w/ E-Force ex aequo w/ Retaliate With Hate w/ Digital Punk

Best remix by album's artist : Blademasterz - Masterblade (Radical Redemption Remix)

That Wash Away track. Best Kick. (in terms of impact)
The Rumble is unreal.
Amperial
State Senior Citizen

Postby Tritta » 14 Nov 2015, 14:18

Amperial:

The Rumble is unreal.

Don't really like the kick, a bit too saturated for me :/
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby The Convicted » 14 Nov 2015, 14:35

Okay, my personal best of list:

Piece Of Shit: by far. It's going to be in my top 10 of 2015, I'm sure now.
Brutal 5.0: not the best of all Brutal tracks, but definitely tops 4.0 at me (not 3.0 though).
East Side Connection
Q-Base Tribute: very effective tool.
You With Me (with Outbreak): what an atmosphere. None of the collabs are near like this to me.

The rest is forgettable yet.
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominator Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (22)
Global Mod

Postby Amperial » 14 Nov 2015, 21:31

Tritta:
Amperial:

The Rumble is unreal.

Don't really like the kick, a bit too saturated for me :/

But impact wise it's really heavy. I've played it with some quite bad speakers and could feel it. With a good sub this one goes pretty insane.

I dunno.. i pretty much like everything. Even the Hardcore tracks while i am not really into hardcore that much.

The One Man Army
Stay True
Choppin' Bodies
Piece of Shit
Q-Base Tribute, Hard Bass Tribute (Don't really like the Decibel one)
Brutal 5.0
Suicide Bassline
Retaliate with Hate
East Side Connection
Masters of the great Conspiracy
Cross of Blood
Die Bitch
Wash Away
Judge Me
Watch Yourself (The Pitcher Remix)
Judge Me (Minus Militia Remix)
Bring Us Some
Rythmic Structure

I didn't quite like his track in the past except The Spell of Sin / Accumulated Filth / Insanity / Don't Fuck with the Radical / Brutal 3.0.

Honestly he turned into my Favorite Raw Producer with that Album.

I even got an ear worm with Stay True. At work i started remembering the melody and rythm and i got stuck in my head. Sick.

I'd instantly blast it if i could.
Amperial
State Senior Citizen

Postby Deadwood » 15 Nov 2015, 15:52

Here is my list:

The album is full of awesome tracks. Best ones are:
- Masters Of The Great Conspiracy
- Scream
- Piece Of Shit
- The One Man Army

Too bad, that the album lacks a bit of diversity. I am missing something like Accumulated Filth, Salvation, Insanity or Civil Disobedience.
Deadwood
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles