Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Radical Redemption - The One Man Army [Minus Is More]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby ceero » 09 Nov 2015, 10:14

You know what, this album would have been awesome.... If there was 1 CD instead of fucking 5 CDs. There were few really good tracks, he definitely improved a LOT, this is incomparably better than the previous albums, these tunes finally sound decently produced, again unlike the previous albums. But seriously, 45 tracks, is he insane? This guy absolutely doesnt have what it takes to make album this long, absolutely no variation and it just blends into a huge pill of almost 50 same sounding tracks. He is completely shooting himself in the foot with this. By the time i was at, like, 30th track i just had to turn it off because i thought my mind will explode from hearing 30th track with the same kick, sound design and theme. And when i wanted to go back to the tracks i loved at the very beginning of listening to the album i didnt even like them anymore at the moment because i was so fed up with it.

I think i will try to give it another listen in a few days and sort out 10-15 good tracks and just forget the rest. I remeber liking Suicide Bassline, Piece Of Shit, Cross Of Blood, Masterblade (he really hit the nail with this remix), Release The Fear, Heal and Raise, Retaliate With Hate.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby DjPractice » 09 Nov 2015, 11:53

he just did what Angerfist did with Mutilate - 45 tracks (and 2 mix cds). So just read it as 3cds,

I find it absolutely hysterical that people are so upset that someone they don't like is so popular......boo fucking hoo. How do you think oldies felt in 2009-2011 when Frontliner, DBSTF, Heady were hyped so much but their music quality wasn't that good either

its just fucking funny, thats all.
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby solarized » 09 Nov 2015, 11:53

ceero:You know what, this album would have been awesome.... If there was 1 CD instead of fucking 5 CDs. There were few really good tracks, he definitely improved a LOT, this is incomparably better than the previous albums, these tunes finally sound decently produced, again unlike the previous albums. But seriously, 45 tracks, is he insane? This guy absolutely doesnt have what it takes to make album this long, absolutely no variation and it just blends into a huge pill of almost 50 same sounding tracks. He is completely shooting himself in the foot with this. By the time i was at, like, 30th track i just had to turn it off because i thought my mind will explode from hearing 30th track with the same kick, sound design and theme. And when i wanted to go back to the tracks i loved at the very beginning of listening to the album i didnt even like them anymore at the moment because i was so fed up with it.

I think i will try to give it another listen in a few days and sort out 10-15 good tracks and just forget the rest. I remeber liking Suicide Bassline, Piece Of Shit, Cross Of Blood, Masterblade (he really hit the nail with this remix), Release The Fear, Heal and Raise, Retaliate With Hate.

I haven't got the album yet but I was afraid of that when I heard he was releasing an album with 50 fucking tracks!!!
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Valadia » 09 Nov 2015, 12:03

solarized:
ceero:You know what, this album would have been awesome.... If there was 1 CD instead of fucking 5 CDs. There were few really good tracks, he definitely improved a LOT, this is incomparably better than the previous albums, these tunes finally sound decently produced, again unlike the previous albums. But seriously, 45 tracks, is he insane? This guy absolutely doesnt have what it takes to make album this long, absolutely no variation and it just blends into a huge pill of almost 50 same sounding tracks. He is completely shooting himself in the foot with this. By the time i was at, like, 30th track i just had to turn it off because i thought my mind will explode from hearing 30th track with the same kick, sound design and theme. And when i wanted to go back to the tracks i loved at the very beginning of listening to the album i didnt even like them anymore at the moment because i was so fed up with it.

I haven't got the album yet but I was afraid of that when I heard he was releasing an album with 50 fucking tracks!!!

Checked it on spotify and he's pretty much right.
The tracks are fun on their own but when you listen to them all it'll be annoying as f*ck.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 09 Nov 2015, 12:54

DjPractice:he just did what Angerfist did with Mutilate - 45 tracks (and 2 mix cds). So just read it as 3cds,

I find it absolutely hysterical that people are so upset that someone they don't like is so popular......boo fucking hoo. How do you think oldies felt in 2009-2011 when Frontliner, DBSTF, Heady were hyped so much but their music quality wasn't that good either

Are you hinting towards me? Because honestly, i have absolutely zero problem with him getting attention, if he is smart/lucky/talented enough to get it as far as hosting an own event at HMH, good for him, why should it bother me?

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby dylannn » 09 Nov 2015, 13:04

Someone post a track by track review so I can isolate the good ones ;) keen to hear what you think in a week Icey :)
dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Postby D-Jess » 09 Nov 2015, 13:23

Holy god, the remix of Masterblade ! _O_
Rawphoric is just now the only and pure shit in the actual Hardstyle scene, Euphoric and Raw don't make the weight next.
D-Jess (22)
State Native

Postby Freddy » 09 Nov 2015, 13:24

Did anyone checked if they fixed the two remixes already?
Freddy
State Hero

Postby DjPractice » 09 Nov 2015, 13:33

ceero:
DjPractice:he just did what Angerfist did with Mutilate - 45 tracks (and 2 mix cds). So just read it as 3cds,

Are you hinting towards me? Because honestly, i have absolutely zero problem with him getting attention, if he is smart/lucky/talented enough to get it as far as hosting an own event at HMH, good for him, why should it bother me?

more John Cove than you but yeah, a little

If you know something is going to be what you think it will much like what you said about Spell of Sin, why be 'shocked' if its not any different to your expectation?
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby ceero » 09 Nov 2015, 13:40

lol why are you so personally upset about every critic this guy gets? It's not like someone is attacking your family with saying something negative about this guy.

If you read my post carefully, you would know i think this is way, way better than Spell Of Sin but suffers from the exactly same thing, huge overload of same sounding tracks that really damages the otherwise good first impression.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Bomberz » 09 Nov 2015, 13:48

ceero:lol why are you so personally upset about every critic this guy gets? It's not like someone is attacking your family with saying something negative about this guy.

If you read my post carefully, you would know i think this is way, way better than Spell Of Sin but suffers from the exactly same thing, huge overload of same sounding tracks that really damages the otherwise good first impression.

I feel the same. When Spell Of Sin was released I only chose around 15 tracks or so and I guess I'll do the same this time. There are way too many tracks but that's good for us because we can make a selection of those tracks and still have some great tracks that don't sound the same :)
Bomberz (23)
Global Mod

Postby Bibifoc » 09 Nov 2015, 14:45

Aren't you mistaking Mutilate with Retaliate ?

ceero: If you read my post carefully, you would know i think this is way, way better than Spell Of Sin but suffers from the exactly same thing, huge overload of same sounding tracks that really damages the otherwise good first impression.

How is this way better than The Spell Of Sin ?
Last edited by Bibifoc on 09 Nov 2015, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Bibifoc (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Diamanic » 09 Nov 2015, 15:05

I kind share your view about this! There are some absolute bangers on this album, I fully agree, but the majority of it is just...yeah, same idea, sound-design leads etc. I of course get it when an artist has a signature sound and if it works, you want to use it ("Never change a winning formula etc"), but when you have 45 tracks on an album, it kinda gets in the way of the diversity (Not saying this isn't diverse, it just could be a lot more diverse, but then again; maybe Radical isn't the right guy for expecting one diverse album like for ex. Audiofreq etc).

Overall, I do like the album ,which is a surprise for me as well cause I usually am not a MASSIVE fan of his tracks, but he kinda changed my point of view with this :) Some stuff I will definitely play! Havent been able to pick a favourite track yet, but I might in the upcoming days when I have listened to it more :)
Diamanic (26)
Producer

Postby Bomberz » 09 Nov 2015, 15:24

Freddy:Did anyone checked if they fixed the two remixes already?

They are selling the original mixes in hardstyle.com :\
Bomberz (23)
Global Mod

Postby niwma » 09 Nov 2015, 17:39

I'm in love with this album _O_ _O_
niwma
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles