Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Phuture Noize - Black Mirror Society (Album) [Q-Dance]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby Tekk » 11 Jun 2018, 23:16

Dr1t3r:Does anyone know where is it available? I want to listen to it so badly
Spotify only has Black mirror and Drift away.

Everywhere, Deezer or Apple Music... whatever u want.

This guy killed it, best Album of the last few years for sure for me!
Freaqshow 16, 17
Q-Base 15, 16, 17
Qlimax 15,16, 17
Defqon1 16, 17
Airforce 16
Syndicate 16
I AM Hardstyle 17
MoH 17
Intents Festival 17
Tekk (26)
State Native

Postby Dr1t3r » 12 Jun 2018, 00:10

Tekk:
Dr1t3r:Does anyone know where is it available? I want to listen to it so badly
Spotify only has Black mirror and Drift away.

Everywhere, Deezer or Apple Music... whatever u want.

This guy killed it, best Album of the last few years for sure for me!

Thanks you so much man!
Dr1t3r
State Newcomer

Postby Stryder » 12 Jun 2018, 00:44

ceero:Very good album, pure quality stuff, really. BUT. It doesnt top Pursuit of Thunder in my opinion. Sometimes it feels like he plays it a little too safe (Make The World Go, Lost In The Moment... not necessarily saying they are bad tho). I wish he'd go a tad less melodic and a little more crazy in the second half of the album. But once again, this is a proper piece of art, really. And i think this is one of those albums you need to listen to 15x to be able to fully appreciate it. Drift Away is my no.1 tune for sure _O_

100% agree with this. the album is fantastic but not as good as PoT.
I feel that Pursuit of Thunder had slightly more variety, when it came to sound design and structure. But I guess the great melodies in this album make up for that :) Speaking of sound design, I feel that some of the leads are a bit thin...(ex: Kill The Future)

My top 4 favs would have to be World Of Distortion, Circles & Squares, Drift Away, and United States of Amnesia _O_ _O_
Stryder (18)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Qobalt » 12 Jun 2018, 01:12

Decent album and atmosphere, but all the tracks are kinda flat and lacking some elements. He really doesn't like to use buildup sweeps
EDIT: Holy shit this absence literally drives me mad, somebody make a crash edit of his tracks please. :) Too much energy is lost without starting climax crashes IMO
Pretender: wow, you're so full of shit, that even my toilet refuses to flush you.
http://harderstate.com/post177530.html#p177530
Qobalt (24)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 12 Jun 2018, 11:55

there are always a few who can't appreciate art (ps - I was the same when NC release the E=NC2 album so we're all guilty )

and also always a few who can't appreciate that an artist
a. has their own style
b. sometimes, prefers not to deviate too far from their own style ;)

Disliking tracks because they don't use sweeps.....now I've heard everything
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby KiLLu12258 » 12 Jun 2018, 11:57

ThePrincipal:there are always a few who can't appreciate art (ps - I was the same when NC release the E=NC2 album so we're all guilty )

_O_ _O_ _O_
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Postby ThePrincipal » 12 Jun 2018, 12:06

ps - I find this about the same level as Pursuit of Thunder - I can't really say one is better than the other. :)
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 12 Jun 2018, 12:17

ThePrincipal: Disliking tracks because they don't use sweeps.....now I've heard everything

>crash edits
esskeetit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby Qobalt » 12 Jun 2018, 12:17

ThePrincipal:there are always a few who can't appreciate art (ps - I was the same when NC release the E=NC2 album so we're all guilty )

a. has their own style

Lol, calm down and don;t extrapolate, I didn't say that I dislike them because of sweeps. I say they are flat because of absence of sweeps. Just read that again:
Qobalt:Decent album and atmosphere, but

I like all the tracks a lot btw, esp. Circles and Squares. They just could be more 'complete' to my taste.
And all in all, that's MY opinion and I do not see a reason for your reaction like this :+
Pretender: wow, you're so full of shit, that even my toilet refuses to flush you.
http://harderstate.com/post177530.html#p177530
Qobalt (24)
State Celebrity

Postby solarized » 12 Jun 2018, 12:23

Brilliant album. I felt a little bit robbed when I saw this was even shorter than Pursuit of Thunder (which was already really fucking short) but there are some incredible tracks here. I loved the uptempo bit in We Are The Future which is every bit as good an end to an album as Chaos & Order was.

Cracking stuff Marco, even if it is only 34 minutes long
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (34)
State Celebrity

Postby RidiQless » 12 Jun 2018, 12:54

Qobalt:

a. has their own style

Lol, calm down and don;t extrapolate, I didn't say that I dislike them because of sweeps. I say they are flat because of absence of sweeps. Just read that again:
Qobalt:Decent album and atmosphere, but

I like all the tracks a lot btw, esp. Circles and Squares. They just could be more 'complete' to my taste.
And all in all, that's MY opinion and I do not see a reason for your reaction like this :+

Same opinion, I like his tracks, very creative and lovely atmosphere but sometimes for me personally it's a little too flat when building up the climax. That's just me tho, don't see the problem about that. It's not like we have to jizz all over PN without being able to criticize the things we actually don't like that much.
ImageImage
RidiQless (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 12 Jun 2018, 13:38

Would love to hear more like the intros for Black Mirror Society, Make The World Go, and Run Away, the same as I Got Noize from the last album. I desperately want to hear what PN can do with pure ambience and soundscape as a track. Hell I'd love to hear non-Hardstyle versions of these tracks and repurposed as if they were a movie score, because the ingredients are all there. Build on the melodies and sounds that are created. Hell even if it was just Future Bass or some variant of Trap that builds on what's already there I'd shit myself.
I also feel like I should point out that United States of Amnesia reminds me a lot of Volition by Audiofreq, the "Hey!" sample and strange kick included.
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 12 Jun 2018, 14:47

solarized:Brilliant album. I felt a little bit robbed when I saw this was even shorter than Pursuit of Thunder (which was already really fucking short) but there are some incredible tracks here. I loved the uptempo bit in We Are The Future which is every bit as good an end to an album as Chaos & Order was.

I think the scene should stop asking for longer albums. 10 tracks is perfect and the producer can focus on those 10 tracks instead of making fillers. My favorite albums (HS or not) generally feature maximum 12 tracks.
Last edited by lilfrenchidiot on 12 Jun 2018, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
esskeetit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby Neko » 12 Jun 2018, 14:50

First I was hyped cause I loved PoT so much.
Tried to calm myself with not listening to anything apart from Black mirror society and drift away, cause when I'm hyping something, it often turns out to be a letdown.
Calming my hype didn't work though.
Still got blown away. Amazing abum.
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (26)
Producer

Postby dolanpls » 12 Jun 2018, 14:57

lilfrenchidiot:
solarized:Brilliant album. I felt a little bit robbed when I saw this was even shorter than Pursuit of Thunder (which was already really fucking short) but there are some incredible tracks here. I loved the uptempo bit in We Are The Future which is every bit as good an end to an album as Chaos & Order was.

I think the scene should stop asking for longer albums. 10 tracks is perfect and the producer can focus on those 10 tracks instead of making fillers. My favorite albums (HS or not) generally feature maximum 12 tracks.

This. RR's album which has 60% fillers is just ridiculous.
dolanpls (23)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles