Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Minus Militia - Legion Of Strength [Minus Is More]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby NEKA » 29 Sep 2014, 15:37

Allright, review time:

As I have already stated, I like this album! It has that great great atmosphere, simplistic yet well-tuned sound design and raw, energetic flow which hits the dancefloor hard. Many say that this is an third RR album, but I beg to differ after few more close-up listening. You can hear all of their influences in their biggest hits, one producers more in some tracks (for example, Street Regulator and Particles of Destruction and are clearly more Crypsis-like, and Crackin Your Ribss more Chain Reaction-like) Really banging and hard album which unfortunately loses it's drive towards the end and if you like more technical/experimental rawstyle, this album doesn't do much for you.

1. Be Prepared 10/10 amazing track, really crunchy sound design!!
2. Strike (Minus Militia Remix) 7/10, sad thing they changed the kick :(
3. Endless Void 10/10 raw track of the year
4. Genesis (Supremacy 2014 Anthem) 5/10 after big expections, a really dull track
5. Crackin Your Ribs 10/10 hard stuff!!
6. The Legion Of Strength 10/10
7. Street Regulator 9/10 crazy mid-intro
8. Reign Supreme 9/10
9. Retaliation 7/10 cool track but really repetitive
10. Particles Of Destruction 5/10 not bad but really wierd rhythm... nice kick though
11. The Record Breaking (Minus Militia Remix) 5/10 grew out of it
12. Break Down Low (Minus Militia Remix) 4/10
13. God's Child (Minus Militia Remix) 10/10 freaking brutal!! _O_

Album review: 8/10
Simple and hard album for those who like that sort of stuff!! :) Like me!! :p
NEKA (23)
Producer

Postby Valadia » 29 Sep 2014, 18:29

So I saw some post on facebook about a kid who absolutely loves the album. I made a comment, and said I think it's a awful album and Crackin' Your Ribs is the worst track. He overreacted imo.

[It's in Dutch though]

Guess, fanboys will be fanboys.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby PNXRMX » 29 Sep 2014, 18:47

I don't think it's particularly necessary to attack people for liking something that is not to your taste or even objectively bad quality. There is a difference between replying to someone's personal post on Facebook and responding in an open topic. If you have to reply to someone like that, try wording it differently so you can get your opinion across without making the other person feel attacked. "Terrible album. And [track you like] is the worst." is going to receive a childish response way more often than "I really don't like this album. Too over the top raw for me / Don't think the production quality is great / Crackin' Your Ribs is just too 'dry'".

EDIT: I started this post with an attack. Removed it because of the extreme irony :+
PNXRMX
State Celebrity

Postby Twixel » 29 Sep 2014, 18:50

Valadia:So I saw some post on facebook about a kid who absolutely loves the album. I made a comment, and said I think it's a awful album and Crackin' Your Ribs is the worst track. He overreacted imo.

[It's in Dutch though]

Guess, fanboys will be fanboys.

Well what does he say?
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Valadia » 29 Sep 2014, 18:59

Sorry ^-^
I was going to translate, but forgot.

He said" Shut the fuck up!, I bet you visit Jan Smit* !".

* Jan Smit is a Dutch singer who sings Dutch songs

PNXRMX:I don't think it's particularly necessary to attack people for liking something that is not to your taste or even objectively bad quality. There is a difference between replying to someone's personal post on Facebook and responding in an open topic. If you have to reply to someone like that, try wording it differently so you can get your opinion across without making the other person feel attacked. "Terrible album. And [track you like] is the worst." is going to receive a childish response way more often than "I really don't like this album. Too over the top raw for me / Don't think the production quality is great / Crackin' Your Ribs is just too 'dry'".

EDIT: I started this post with an attack. Removed it because of the extreme irony :+

It was a public topic in a group for hardstyle etc.
But I get your point about bringing it more gently. But I often wonder, they are shouting it's so awesome, which is
their opinion. So why can't I shout my opinion?
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby Tamme » 29 Sep 2014, 19:05

Like it alot! Its the first artist album i buy this year and i'm not disappointed.
Crackin Your Ribs, The Legion Of Strength and Reign Supreme really does it for me (L)
Last edited by Tamme on 29 Sep 2014, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
Tamme
State Senior Citizen

Postby PNXRMX » 29 Sep 2014, 20:03

Valadia:It was a public topic in a group for hardstyle etc.
But I get your point about bringing it more gently. But I often wonder, they are shouting it's so awesome, which is

Alright, that does make a difference to some extent.

The reason why I think positive and negative replies should be treated differently is the effect they have on other people. Positive opinions rarely cause other people to feel bad, whereas negative opinions often do. That isn't to say that negative opinions should be censored, but they require greater care in formulation.

Also want to add that the guy who replied to you is obviously a douche, but it is a fact of life that idiots reside on the internet (and in real life). If you don't want them to piss you off with their responses, then you're better off not provoking them.
PNXRMX
State Celebrity

Postby Valadia » 29 Sep 2014, 20:11

Had a little fight with him on facebook, but he proved himself to be a idiot when he claimed all the tracks on the album weren't radio's but full tracks. Nobody listened to him after.

Though I was kinda shocked about how he reacted. Yeah, sure I expected some kind of negative response, but at least a mature one in a mature group.

But I'll stop bitching about it, please continue discussing the album ^-^
Soundcloud
Facebook
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 30 Sep 2014, 01:36

Valadia:Had a little fight with him on facebook, but he proved himself to be a idiot when he claimed all the tracks on the album weren't radio's but full tracks. Nobody listened to him after.

Though I was kinda shocked about how he reacted. Yeah, sure I expected some kind of negative response, but at least a mature one in a mature group.

But I'll stop bitching about it, please continue discussing the album ^-^

Hehe, on youtube people tell me: "Get cancer please", "die slow you cunt", "get out of here you fag" :G

And i just wrote that i disliked the track,or that the sound design was boring etc.

Some people go on youtube with ONE purpose: 1. Find their favourite tracks,2. Scroll to the negative comments,3. Unleash their temper on my sorry ass :O .

Hugh Mungus What?....Hugh Mungus What?...Hugh Mungus What?
hardstyleprem1um (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Jay » 30 Sep 2014, 01:37

Welcome to the internet.
Jay (24)
Diehard Set Collector

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 30 Sep 2014, 01:49

Jay:Welcome to the internet.

People told me it was a happy place :? , but B-front already made a track of that called "Undiscovered" :naughty:

PS: Yep lame joke,but i am tired

Hugh Mungus What?....Hugh Mungus What?...Hugh Mungus What?
hardstyleprem1um (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Vicious » 30 Sep 2014, 02:47

PNXRMX:
Valadia:It was a public topic in a group for hardstyle etc.

The reason why I think positive and negative replies should be treated differently is the effect they have on other people. Positive opinions rarely cause other people to feel bad, whereas negative opinions often do.

Feeling bad because someone had a negative opinion on a song you like seems really odd to me, I don't understand it. Different priorities in life I guess.

OT: I had a listen through, Not really stuff that suits home listening/in the car imo but at a party I'm sure it does the job.
Vicious
State Hero

Postby PNXRMX » 30 Sep 2014, 09:55

Vicious:Feeling bad because someone had a negative opinion on a song you like seems really odd to me, I don't understand it. Different priorities in life I guess..

I think it's more to do with how you are wired rather than the priorities you have. With me it's an automatic response, I guess because I consider myself knowledgeable about music and spend a lot of time seriously listening to it. If someone comes along and says wtf is this shit to something I like, it does get a small emotional response from me (internally, although I might defend my opinion in an adult way if it's appropriate).
PNXRMX
State Celebrity

Postby Valadia » 30 Sep 2014, 16:07

PNXRMX:With me it's an automatic response, I guess because I consider myself knowledgeable about music and spend a lot of time seriously listening to it. If someone comes along and says wtf is this shit to something I like, it does get a small emotional response from me (internally, although I might defend my opinion in an adult way if it's appropriate).

Tried that, got the joke "Where's bobby?!".

Haven't heard that one before..
Soundcloud
Facebook
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby scottyxander » 30 Sep 2014, 16:58

Incredibly boring album IMO. I think I'm way over the "hardcore" gimmick. There's no variety at all and by the time you're on the 8th track, you can already tell there's gonna be no surprises or any creatively experimental things on it. I would definitely expect some better sound design with all 3 of them contributing but all you get is sub-par, RR sounding sound design that's incredibly bland and lacking any amount of detail. Maybe if they spent more than a month on it, there would be a better finished product but instead it's just another Hardstyle album that I'll forget ever existed. Seems to be a lot of those happening these days.

And of course Endless Void still has the "Hard Bass" vocal in it. Why would that still be in it? It's being put on an album, not being released for free as a DJ tool.
scottyxander (23)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles