Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardcore track? Post it here

Postby Doolittle » 28 May 2011, 11:30

Post your snippets/previews here in order to get some feedback and to improve on certain parts in a track.

Rules:
- Give feedback to the person above you before posting your own snippet/preview.
- Try to keep the snippet/preview relatively short.
- Upload to a site where you don't have to download the file.
(Zippyshare / youtube)

How to show youtube/zippyshare/soundcloud previews directly in the post:
track-reviews-f90/uploading-your-preview-to-youtube-soundcloud-or-zippyshare-t8124.html
Doolittle
Producer

Postby Kodex » 30 May 2011, 14:45

ok then i will start, here is a preview of 2 hardcore tracks im working atm :)

Komodo - Dragon
Komodo - Obsession

Kodex (28)
Producer

Postby Brooxe » 06 Jun 2011, 15:48

Hey guys,

@Kodex, that is some heavy tunage! I personally really enjoy it. keep up the good work!

anywho, this is my first track. Still working on it and it still needs a few tweaks and stuff but enjoy :)

Brooxe
State Outsider

Postby Imil » 08 Jun 2011, 15:21

Not bad at all for a first track, but it sounds really messy overall. Might wanna try and see what combination of sounds/loops do and do not work well together.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Down-tempo melodic thingy:
Tasty Speedcore | Just because I can!
Imil (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby SCH » 08 Jun 2011, 15:49

Your sounds are really muddy, you should alot more with equalizing.
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (25)
Producer

Postby jEb » 15 Jun 2011, 22:11

@Kodex:
Nice work!
Overall the tracks could still use a little more dirt, especially the leads.
Plus, i think the punch of the kickdrum should be much louder, sounds like holding back atm.

@Brooxe:
The main breakdown is quite good.
I agree to Imil though, buildup sounds chaotic at places. Especially the melody in the intro part sounds a bit uninspired and confusing, try to straighten that out.
The kick misses punch, a lot actually, i'd say this is quite essential for nowadays' mainstream hardcore (which i guess you are going for ;)).
From a mixdown/mastering perspective, it's all too clear and polished, too much reverb and stuff. I'd reduce that a lot and make the sounds dirtier instead. (H)
The leads sound very good though, lots of detuning, nice!

EDIT2:
Oh, sorry Imil, just realized the SC link was NOT in your sig. ;)
I agree to SCH, it sounds very muddy. Especially the kick is very narrowbanded. And in general the sounds don't seem to blend together well currently, so i'd work on the mixdown a bit. (Have i heard stereo separation on the kick?)
But i like the trancey attitude, curious for more!

EDIT:
Oh and btw, been having fun with kicks lately, would love to know what you guys think about them, resp. what you think is missing.
jEb
State Outsider

Postby dj-e-asylum » 19 Jun 2011, 00:26

Nice Kodex ^^
dj-e-asylum (23)
State Newcomer

Postby nolimits59 » 20 Jun 2011, 18:39

dj-e-asylum , nice, but maybe the lead need more drive ?

my turn ! a little snippet of what i've thinked theses previous days,
a Hardcore rmeix of Zany - Pillz,

here is a snippet ! :)

nolimits59
Producer

Postby Imil » 22 Jun 2011, 22:04

@ SCH/jEB; yeah, I get that muddy sound sometimes lol. I suck at mixdown and I never really work with proper audio-output so yeah.
Also, jEB, I like the snippet you posted, but it gets a bit monotone after a while. The kicks themselves are nice.

@ nolimits59; I guess zippy lowers the audio quality quite drastically, other than that the kick/synth seem to be pretty good. But the song as a whole strikes me as rather simplistic and not so much pro. You could try some alternative sounds, percussion, vocals etc.
Tasty Speedcore | Just because I can!
Imil (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby nolimits59 » 24 Jun 2011, 21:45

Imil:
@ nolimits59; I guess zippy lowers the audio quality quite drastically, other than that the kick/synth seem to be pretty good. But the song as a whole strikes me as rather simplistic and not so much pro. You could try some alternative sounds, percussion, vocals etc.

it's just a very quick demo of the track, made in 2-3 hours,( rework the sampled sound of the original take me a lot of time to apear good, and at this time, it not yet fit to the sound i whant, while i've a lot worked and upgrade the sound ^^ ), some sounds gonna join the intro, and the morpheus monolog in matrix about the blue and the red pill, like the original Zany's track,

but of course i'm gonna keep a little the " simple " ambiance of the early track, so i dont whant to put a lot of things in it,

my main style is hardstyle, and Fusion records is my starts in the hardstyle( it's my second hardcore track ) :p, ( fuckin 2000's years ! :D ) so i dont whant to make a realy different track, just a realy application of a brutal hardcore of theses day's in this epic and famous track in the hardstyle scene.

thanks for the advices man ! :)
nolimits59
Producer

Postby VOL-E » 26 Jun 2011, 22:46

nolimits59
sounds great! :)
Here's a little bit dnb preview... I know it's hardcore topic, but sometimes I want to make something evil what comes in my mind... this is still a preview... kinda bad, but still will finish it for heavy stuff! (6)
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby SCH » 30 Jun 2011, 21:44

Vol-E: Sounds great judging from such a short snippet!

here we go:'
I'm grumpier than you.

SCH (25)
Producer

Postby dj-e-asylum » 12 Jul 2011, 14:07

here is my new track so I think the lead still lacks aggressiveness of it!
Gun Shot :D
dj-e-asylum (23)
State Newcomer

Postby SCH » 12 Jul 2011, 17:11

You're supposed to comment the snippets above yours before posting. Otherwise is this thread useless.
I'm grumpier than you.

SCH (25)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles