Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardcore track? Post it here

Postby xentoria » 21 Apr 2016, 20:50

Sorry just saw that my feedback is work on sound design and break apart the sound you want to make in your head and make sounds with layers of plugins needed for that sound
xentoria
State Outsider

Postby Aftershoq » 22 Apr 2016, 16:16

xentoria:Sorry just saw that my feedback is work on sound design and break apart the sound you want to make in your head and make sounds with layers of plugins needed for that sound

This is a hardcore topic btw.

@Typhonmusic: It's hard to hear the melody. Everything is clustered together. Get some space between your sounds. ;)

Busy something new (subject to change) and still have no idea what kind of vocals i want in that break tho.
Any ideas are always welcome! :)
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby CAP » 25 Apr 2016, 05:30

crap. i posted something a while ago and didn't give any feedback then changed the link. makeup reviews lol

@typhon - your mix is cluttered with what sounds like reverb and a lot of "roomy" ambience. try clearing that up a bit.

@aftershoq - amazing job so far! My only recommendation per my tastes are to add a sharp attack to that kick like a real transient 909 or distorted hat or snare so not only do you have a high/mid snap but the roundness and bass afterwards
CAP (31)
Producer

Postby BassInstinct1 » 23 May 2016, 23:36

@aftershoq I'm in love with your kick!
imo a good oldschool acapella from 'Mobb Deep' or something going that way would fit perfect in some parts of the break. I can feel your struggle finding vocals for your track, it's the hardest part for me :G

Here's my track (only the idea without a proper mixdown):
BassInstinct1 (22)
State Outsider

Postby Aftershoq » 03 Jun 2016, 22:16

Thanks for the comments guy's!!

BassInstinct1, i think you're in the wrong topic. This is hardcore, not hardstyle. :)
Your track is cool, although it can use some work. Especially the EQ'ing sounds a little hollow.

Made a new kick today. Any thoughts?
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby CAP » 03 Jun 2016, 22:47

i've got no complaints with that kick
CAP (31)
Producer

Postby Aftershoq » 03 Jun 2016, 23:02

CAP:i've got no complaints with that kick

Thanks dude! _O_
Facebook Soundcloud

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby Aftershoq » 07 Jun 2016, 22:35

Sorry for the double post but i'm back with another piece of music. Tried something different melody wise but don't know how i feel about it yet. :)
Facebook Soundcloud

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby DeathSentence » 28 Jun 2016, 02:52

@Aftershoq sorry but there is no track there to let me have a listen and share my feedback :/

Here are 2 projects that I'm working on.

Death Sentence - Interrogation (Preview)

Death Sentence - The Storm (Work in Progress)
DeathSentence
State Outsider

Postby Aftershoq » 28 Jun 2016, 19:31

Death Sentence,

At first, nice to see another hardcore producer join the forum!
Now as for feedback.

Interrogation,
Cool kick and tricks. Melody is ok, synth could use some spice so maybe another layer?
Good work with the percussion and overall build.
The Storm,
The kick can use some extra punch/tok imo. Doesn't really feel like it's really in your face.
Melody is yet again pretty cool but the synth can use some more layers.
Vocals are cool, although the singing is a little offtune.

Overall pretty cool tracks!

Now, here is my work in progress.
Still a bit messy at some parts and i'm not really satisfied with the intro as of now.

Facebook Soundcloud

Aftershoq (27)
State Native

Postby CAP » 08 Sep 2016, 15:50

Interrogation - the kick is totally muffled but sounds like it could be dope. sounds like you have a lot going on around 80hz but you've completely shelved the high end. bring that high end back and balance it out with the lows. errthing else is cool

the storm - you have the opposite problem this time, kick is a bit on the thin side but you have all the character there, so eq some of the lows back in there to balance it out. melody and synths and all that other stuff is cool though

CAP (31)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles