Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Mixdown, Dynamics & EQ (and related) Topic

Sound design and production in general

Postby dhamiri_k » 26 May 2015, 05:57

I want to ask, is there any methods to removing annoying resonance of my vocal samples, particularly at the letter t,s or any letter that could create an annoying resonance. I tried by removing frequencies but it didn't help that much as it keeps bringing back the freaking annoying resonance noise. Thanks in any advice.
Hi I'm Dhamiri-K ;D
dhamiri_k (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Raw Output » 26 May 2015, 09:48

You could try using a de-esser plugin, theres tons of them around the internet, not really familiar with any of them so can't really suggest any.
Raw Output (24)
Producer

Postby iampsych » 26 May 2015, 14:07

dhamiri_blurrboy:I want to ask, is there any methods to removing annoying resonance of my vocal samples, particularly at the letter t,s or any letter that could create an annoying resonance. I tried by removing frequencies but it didn't help that much as it keeps bringing back the freaking annoying resonance noise. Thanks in any advice.

Yes , that the purpose of a de-esser , you could try the waves one , or the fabfilter those are really easy to use :)
iampsych (20)
State Tourist

Postby dhamiri_k » 27 May 2015, 09:42

thanks guys, will experiment on de-esser
Hi I'm Dhamiri-K ;D
dhamiri_k (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby dhamiri_k » 06 Aug 2015, 10:15

Hey, its me again..

When you're making a project and some of structure you're working (eg : climax part), is it okay to bounce it first and then import it to an empty project to find the suitable sounds for making your mixdown for other part really nice and smooth (pro sounding too)?
Hi I'm Dhamiri-K ;D
dhamiri_k (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Darycka » 06 Aug 2015, 11:03

Not really sure what you mean, but in general bouncing before Mixdown is considered better than working with vst output
50% of D-Verze

Image Image Image Image
Darycka (24)
Producer

Postby leeroy » 06 Aug 2015, 15:00

dhamiri_blurrboy:Hey, its me again..

When you're making a project and some of structure you're working (eg : climax part), is it okay to bounce it first and then import it to an empty project to find the suitable sounds for making your mixdown for other part really nice and smooth (pro sounding too)?

it is fine to do as long as you don't normalize the audio, keep headroom, don't compress it and then you can continue in a new project if you wanted but it is always better to bounce the individual elements rather than to bounce the whole thing as one audio file
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby dhamiri_k » 07 Aug 2015, 22:41

leeroy:it is fine to do as long as you don't normalize the audio, keep headroom, don't compress it and then you can continue in a new project if you wanted but it is always better to bounce the individual elements rather than to bounce the whole thing as one audio file

Darycka:Not really sure what you mean, but in general bouncing before Mixdown is considered better than working with vst output

Thanks for giving your thoughts guys.
So far, as I understand, what you guys mean is that (as leeroy said) - I could possibly bounce the whole part of a track (example : climax part) i made in one project and import it to another project (without normalizing & compressing before render) and continue to make other parts in a new project. But it is better to bounce the elements (kicks, leads etc.) of the part i want to render seperately before import it to a new project to continue working. Correct?
Hi I'm Dhamiri-K ;D
dhamiri_k (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Darycka » 08 Aug 2015, 01:00

Correct, that way you can still modify your mixing on various elements. You should be absolutely sure about your sound design being spot on tho
50% of D-Verze

Image Image Image Image
Darycka (24)
Producer

Postby iampsych » 14 Aug 2015, 10:55

Dhamiri you could ,i just don't quite understand why would you do that? :)
iampsych (20)
State Tourist

Postby dhamiri_k » 14 Aug 2015, 17:44

iampsych:Dhamiri you could ,i just don't quite understand why would you do that? :)

Just my personal thought that I don't want to mess up the current project by experimenting on how to make the other part sounds good but still have good transition from minute to minute. I don't want to end up losing the settings i've made for the part which I think it sounds cool and nice.

again this is my personal tought, which i doubt about, sorry if my explaination are complicated
Hi I'm Dhamiri-K ;D
dhamiri_k (21)
State Senior Citizen

Postby EyezerHardstyle » 26 Aug 2015, 01:19

Wrong thread.
Last edited by EyezerHardstyle on 26 Aug 2015, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
EyezerHardstyle
State Newcomer

Postby SCH » 26 Aug 2015, 06:42

Wrong thread to ask for feedback in.
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (25)
Producer

Postby EyezerHardstyle » 26 Aug 2015, 19:15

SCH:Wrong thread to ask for feedback in.

Oh, sorry thought this was the right one. You can delete the post and this one as well.
EyezerHardstyle
State Newcomer

Postby SCH » 26 Aug 2015, 22:33

No worries dude, everyone's new at some point ;)
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (25)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles