Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Mixdown, Dynamics & EQ (and related) Topic

Sound design and production in general

Postby leeroy » 19 Apr 2015, 00:46

Sanchuk:Mmm...try to use maybe Fab Filter Micro. I think it will do the trick with right twiking, and the plugin it self very easy to use =D

That has no envelope function so the cutoff won't be how he wants it
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby Section 8 » 19 Apr 2015, 13:34

i just dont want to have like 10 cutoff and volume envelopes at once it just clutters up my project there must be an easier way lol
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby leeroy » 19 Apr 2015, 14:30

Section 8:i just dont want to have like 10 cutoff and volume envelopes at once it just clutters up my project there must be an easier way lol

you can do everything with Fruity love philter but nobody likes using that so :rofl:

another option would be to sidechain all the layers with a Fruity envelope controller, and then just use any simple filter like fabfilter micro...
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby D-Verze » 19 Apr 2015, 14:35

@Section 8, are you on FL? If so, just use the filter knob on the plug-in you're using, create an automation clip for it and then link the other layer's filter knobs to the same automation clip by using "link to controller". Make sure you have "Remove conflicts" off and you can use the same automation clip for about as much layers as you'd like :)
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby Lorenzo » 19 Apr 2015, 15:55

I'll just leave this here.
Lorenzo (23)
Developer

Postby Section 8 » 19 Apr 2015, 16:24

Darycka:@Section 8, are you on FL? If so, just use the filter knob on the plug-in you're using, create an automation clip for it and then link the other layer's filter knobs to the same automation clip by using "link to controller". Make sure you have "Remove conflicts" off and you can use the same automation clip for about as much layers as you'd like :)

Thanks man, thats exactly what i was looking for :) fuck even tryin to mess with volcano it just fries my brain lol your way alot more simpler :fist: Legend! (H)
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby iampsych » 20 Apr 2015, 10:22

This is a response for Sanchuk from 2015 04 07 :)

I agree with Euphorizer , you should try all the methods you've heard about and see which fits you the most. As for personal opinion , i mix from start to end , with some quick master on the stereo bus ,although i remove it when i send it to the mastering guy :) (compression, limiter)
But basically you should get pretty great mixes with:
-great sounddesign
-LCR pannings
-eq
-compression
(And ofc sound design can involve creative use of distorsion, reverb , delay , phaser etc)
If you need any 'magic plugin' to make you're mixes a whole lot better , you're doing something wrong.
but that's just my 0.02 :)
cheers :)
iampsych (21)
State Tourist

Postby Sanchuk » 22 Apr 2015, 19:04

@iampsych
Thx m8, its cleared my mind a bit =) Actually this is the way i am doing it right now exept the quick master on the stereo bus thing. But i really want to try it too on my next mix and i will try to mix while i am building the track.
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Postby Sanchuk » 25 Apr 2015, 13:29

mm another question guys!
How to comppres sorten freqs in a sound? I searched the web for a tips or tuts and didnt find anithing. Tryed to do it MYSELF (lol) with Patcher>EQ>Compress and it didnt gave any resolts..maybe i did something wrong =\
SO any way, is ther a way to do it?
Thanks =D

Fals allarm, found a solution! Dynamic EQ =D
Last edited by Sanchuk on 25 Apr 2015, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Postby D-Verze » 25 Apr 2015, 13:30

Multiband compression :)
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby Sanchuk » 25 Apr 2015, 13:53

Yeah, i tryed it too but the compressors i tried kind of ruind my hole sound, but once again, maybe i dont know how to use it properly. I find right now a tut about dynamics eq) I think it will solve my prob =D
Thnaks for the tip =D
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Postby SNOOPP » 28 Apr 2015, 08:59

Sanchuk you can send your sound freqs to the different channels and then compress something when u'll need it.
SNOOPP
State Newcomer

Postby GamerZoneUSA » 23 May 2015, 18:38

How should I use the multiband compressor? I try using it but it feels as though it distorts my song and makes it sound worse. Do I put it on the master mixer track on on individual ones. Is it necessary to use?
Soundcloud Facebook Page Part of the #Atmozcrew
GamerZoneUSA (20)
State Hero

Postby leeroy » 23 May 2015, 19:08

GamerZoneUSA:How should I use the multiband compressor? I try using it but it feels as though it distorts my song and makes it sound worse. Do I put it on the master mixer track on on individual ones. Is it necessary to use?

if you're a beginner sound designer, I would NOT use it. Don't put it on the master track, only use it on individual sounds at the finalizing stage of the sound (but sometimes it's not necessary to use it at all) Sometimes a multiband can work well to make layers fit better with each other and sometimes it's pointless to use it

multiband compression can be used for many different purposes, a good use of it is to control the level of certain frequencies in a sound as mentioned above, I use it on leads sometimes
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby R3cl41m3r » 25 May 2015, 18:17

GamerZoneUSA:How should I use the multiband compressor? I try using it but it feels as though it distorts my song and makes it sound worse. Do I put it on the master mixer track on on individual ones. Is it necessary to use?

Are you familiar with using a regular, "non-multiband" compressor? If not, I'd suggest learning to use those before trying to use the multibands.
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (22)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles