Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Mixdown, Dynamics & EQ (and related) Topic

Sound design and production in general

Postby Section 8 » 16 Apr 2015, 23:10

okay i have a problem and i really hate asking for help but i have found no solution to this as of yet. I have Many layers of my lead, but when i try to cutoff it in the send channel it sounds shitty because of all the layers.. the solution may be obvious but i just cant figure it out lol :?
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby Sanchuk » 17 Apr 2015, 00:22

@Euphorizer Its ok m8, i respect your opinion. Anyway, you always can mash this two pathes together and have the pluses of both ways. That`s my way to do it.
@Section 8 Why wont you just make another channel and rought all the layers there and cutoff there?
okay i have a problem and i really hate asking for help

By the way, cool that you crossed over your self to get what you want :D
Last edited by Sanchuk on 17 Apr 2015, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Postby Section 8 » 17 Apr 2015, 00:24

Sanchuk:@Euphorizer Its ok m8, i respect your opinion. Anyway, you always can mash this two pathes together and have the pluses of both ways. That`s my way to do it.
@Section 8 Why wont you just make another channel and rought all the layers there and cutoff there?

tried that already mate doesnt help
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby Sanchuk » 17 Apr 2015, 00:31

@Section 8
Can you give a sound sample of how it sounds?
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Postby Echidna » 17 Apr 2015, 01:24

Section 8:
Sanchuk:@Euphorizer Its ok m8, i respect your opinion. Anyway, you always can mash this two pathes together and have the pluses of both ways. That`s my way to do it.

Use volcano, route all your layers into a group channel, trigger a filter envelope in volcano via a midi channel, set the adsr of the filter to taste and automate the filter as required :) viola
Echidna (31)
Producer

Postby Section 8 » 17 Apr 2015, 15:05

Echidna:
Section 8:

Use volcano, route all your layers into a group channel, trigger a filter envelope in volcano via a midi channel, set the adsr of the filter to taste and automate the filter as required :) viola

im trying it just now bud, cant find taste though? ive never used this plugin before lol :O
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby Echidna » 17 Apr 2015, 15:27

Section 8:
Echidna:
Section 8:

im trying it just now bud, cant find taste though? ive never used this plugin before lol :O

o_O don't know if serious or joking lol
Echidna (31)
Producer

Postby Section 8 » 17 Apr 2015, 15:35

Echidna:
Section 8:
Echidna:

i get what you meant now lol, just in from work still tired a think haha :\ do you mean fabfilter volcano 2?
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby leeroy » 17 Apr 2015, 17:27

volcano is a bit overkill for that I think, just get a simple adsr envelope plugin such as cableguys volume shaper, and combine it with a simple filter. Automate things..
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby Section 8 » 17 Apr 2015, 18:24

to make it clearer what im looking for..

1:26

i just want my cutoff to be smooth like that, i have the keytrack turned down on my synth layers as well
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby Echidna » 18 Apr 2015, 09:14

Section 8:
Echidna:
Section 8:

i get what you meant now lol, just in from work still tired a think haha :\ do you mean fabfilter volcano 2?

Yep volcano2.

And leeroy, why use 2 plugins when you could use one to do the exact same thing?
Echidna (31)
Producer

Postby leeroy » 18 Apr 2015, 14:28

@Echidna volcano is sooo confusing (imo) and I got totally confused with all the knobs, but hell if you can master it then there's no problem
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby Section 8 » 18 Apr 2015, 14:33

me either i cant figure it out ive never used it before :?
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby leeroy » 19 Apr 2015, 00:43

Section 8:me either i cant figure it out ive never used it before :?

just dedicate a whole day to figure it out, there's a lot to it, it's quite a good plugin. If you hate it and don't want to use it then just use an volume envelope plugin + lowpass filter
Last edited by leeroy on 19 Apr 2015, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
leeroy (27)
State Native

Postby Sanchuk » 19 Apr 2015, 00:44

Mmm...try to use maybe Fab Filter Micro. I think it will do the trick with right twiking, and the plugin it self very easy to use =D
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles