Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

logic pitch machine

Sound design and production in general

Postby FrostBite » 16 Apr 2012, 00:14

Hey,
so i have a question 4 logic users , i watched a tut where zany show how he pitch kicks with cubase the thing is i use logic and this DAW have a similar pitch shifter, but i got a problem when i pitch the tail of my kick it become shorter when going into high notes and i dont know how to do to avoid that , i thought that setting the time and pitch machine to "free" would solve that problem , but it doesnt =/ , so if any logic user or even someone who know how to resolve that i would aprreciate some enlighments. :)
FrostBite (24)
State Newcomer

Postby KFKiller » 16 Apr 2012, 00:26

Your kicks need to be longer you can shift them around that way my kicks tend to be around 1 second long. I can make them shorter if I need to later on, when you shorten them the sound doesn't degrade much but try it the oposite way and the sound degrades dramatically with each millisecond you stretch it out.

Im not familier with Logic so other then that I cant really say.
KFKiller (26)
Producer

Postby FrostBite » 16 Apr 2012, 00:38

well, the thing is that kicks doesnt have to be long 4 exemple when u use the autofilter from logic ur kick will be 1 bar long,and well when u watch the tut from zany u can c that he tick the option" keep the sample lenght =/
So well i search 4 a similar option
FrostBite (24)
State Newcomer

Postby TheRavestyler » 16 Apr 2012, 10:10

well no matter how u pitch on higher note it sounds shorter and gets shorter
and on lower note it gets longer and sounds longer too
so after pitching always time stretching and u will get a good pitch than :)

only pitching will make it shorter on higher notes dont sounds that good u wont get that typical boing,boing like in pro tracks so thats why u need to "Stretch" it

and its like that u pitch it from G Tone to +1 stretch it than pitch to +2 u need to stretch it a bit more and blablabla till ur done

i tryed actually a lot methods and this one gives best result so far pitch + time stretch

Imagine building a guitar and then tuning it and then playing it. That's what electronic music is.

https://soundcloud.com/cruel-instinct
TheRavestyler (21)
State Hero

Postby FrostBite » 16 Apr 2012, 16:46

hey, ty 4 this tip man , but well i would have xpected logic to have a basic option to keep the lenght of the kick...
and by the about the boing boing it was portamento ^^
Ty anyway i keep searching 4 this option because i dont want to do everything manually and risk to get a bad sound b, yeah , i ll give it a try
FrostBite (24)
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles