Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

KICKS | General, Troubleshooting, etc

Sound design and production in general

Postby Tragedy1191 » 06 Apr 2016, 03:16

Anybody have any tips Or a tut link to make that 2009'sh hard kick? If I'm correct, its basically a hard sub bass tail with a pounding TOK. Not at all like the "Dong" kick we here a lot today. I have the TOK taken care of, just trouble to make a really good bass tail without overly distorting it. I compared Frontliner's track "Muzyk" in my DAW and that kick had some power! Cutting through my speakers beautifully.
Tragedy1191 (25)
State Newcomer

Postby SoulofSound » 13 Apr 2016, 14:54

I don't know much of those kicks. But maybe try to make the sub bass seperately from the tok.
Hope that helps a little bit :)
SoulofSound (26)
State Newcomer

Postby Hustler27 » 04 Jul 2016, 02:15

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Just curious to know if anyone knows the way of the warface style Rawstyle kick ? Not many tuts on YouTube
Hustler27
State Outsider

Postby Wavelength » 10 Jul 2016, 22:42

Well this has to be about 1 billion times more frustrating than learning the guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPRejqtTM1g

I'm following this kick tutorial and I'm at the bit where he has added FX to Mixer channel 1 and is adding the same FX to Mixer channel 2. As far as I can tell I've done everything he has (why do tut makers go so fucking fast, slow down A BIT, show us what you are doing!) but no sound is coming from channel 2 so I'm not getting the fatter, more bodied sound he is.

Please help! :facepalm:
Wavelength (26)
State Citizen

Postby Wavelength » 10 Jul 2016, 23:56

Nevermind, sorted that, next thing is not making sense too now.

https://youtu.be/RrZHoKO1Xfs?t=164

Can someone watch from here and tell me how he went from the kick sound to that weird dropping sound just by turning that knob and when I do it, I still have the same kick sound?!

Hardstyle tutorials really aren't tutorials at all lol
Wavelength (26)
State Citizen

Postby Wavelength » 11 Jul 2016, 00:45

This is a screenshot of what I have done... exactly the same?

All he did as far as I could see was;

Saved the audio file/rendered it to audio file
Went to 'Kick' and replaced it with this file
Went to Channel Settings for said file
Went to INS
Went to PITCH
Turns the AMT knob all the way left/down
That's it... ?
Wavelength (26)
State Citizen

Postby leeroy » 15 Jul 2016, 09:39

if you're going to try and copy all the settings 100pc..you may as well just rip hard style kicks or use samples

That ruins all the fun..making a kick should be a creative process
leeroy (26)
State Native

Postby Wavelength » 15 Jul 2016, 16:01

Gotta learn the steps before you can get creative though but point taken, I'll mix it up a bit
Wavelength (26)
State Citizen

Postby Wavelength » 08 Sep 2016, 00:05

Can anyone tell my why I am getting a clicking noise with my kick? So annoying.
Wavelength (26)
State Citizen

Postby Soundphase » 08 Sep 2016, 11:28

Wavelength:Can anyone tell my why I am getting a clicking noise with my kick? So annoying.

possibly because of how the audio suddenly starts and suddenly ends, try one of the declicking methods on FL sampler and choose the best one which suits from the dropdown
Eat hardstyle
Soundphase (26)
State Native

Postby Wavelength » 13 Sep 2016, 23:05

Its annoying when I am doing the same that is in a damn tutorial yet I end up with a clicking noise that sounds like I am playing a metronome instead of a tok?

Cool I'll have a look into that thanks.
Wavelength (26)
State Citizen

Postby katana » 04 Oct 2016, 18:30

Can someone help me creating an euphoric kick in logic ?.... im pretty lost with it
katana
State Outsider

Postby Netris » 17 Oct 2016, 00:30

Hi. I've started to work on a new kick and at this point it starts to sound good to me, but since I'm not an expert kick maker, I'd like to know what I should look for in my kick (like specific levels of certain frequencies for example, in other word : what are the technical characteristics of a good kick) and what tool should I use to do so.

Thanks.
Netris (27)
State Tourist

Postby Soundphase » 17 Oct 2016, 13:11

Netris:Hi. I've started to work on a new kick and at this point it starts to sound good to me, but since I'm not an expert kick maker, I'd like to know what I should look for in my kick (like specific levels of certain frequencies for example, in other word : what are the technical characteristics of a good kick) and what tool should I use to do so.

Thanks.

what you should look for is always different, it always depends on the sound of the layer (depends on the pitch as well). All you need to do is boost/cut certain frequencies until it betters the sound of the layer you're working on - use your ears and ask yourself if you are happy with the harmonics in the sound and you'll be able to visualize what harmonics are present if you use a frequency analyzer like Voxengo Span on the master track. Rip some kicks from professional tracks to get a rough guide of the gain level of harmonics which are in the sound, it should be mostly uniform throughout the spectrum but the low frequency peak should always just peak a little louder (about 3dB louder). When you're making the "sound"; don't worry about mixing, just think... Does it sound good? don't worry about EQ mixing until the very end.
Eat hardstyle
Soundphase (26)
State Native

Postby Netris » 17 Oct 2016, 13:38

Soundphase:
Netris:Hi. I've started to work on a new kick and at this point it starts to sound good to me, but since I'm not an expert kick maker, I'd like to know what I should look for in my kick (like specific levels of certain frequencies for example, in other word : what are the technical characteristics of a good kick) and what tool should I use to do so.

Thanks.

what you should look for is always different, it always depends on the sound of the layer (depends on the pitch as well). All you need to do is boost/cut certain frequencies until it betters the sound of the layer you're working on - use your ears and ask yourself if you are happy with the harmonics in the sound and you'll be able to visualize what harmonics are present if you use a frequency analyzer like Voxengo Span on the master track. Rip some kicks from professional tracks to get a rough guide of the gain level of harmonics which are in the sound, it should be mostly uniform throughout the spectrum but the low frequency peak should always just peak a little louder (about 3dB louder). When you're making the "sound"; don't worry about mixing, just think... Does it sound good? don't worry about EQ mixing until the very end.

Thanks, that's really helpful.
Netris (27)
State Tourist

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles