Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Hardcore Kick Topic (Give feedback before posting yours)

Sound design and production in general

Postby R3cl41m3r » 03 May 2013, 09:46

I updated the link for my other kick. Hope that helps.
I can't rate your kicks because the links seem to be broken......

Anyways, here's my newest kick:
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (23)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Postby Cardioid » 05 May 2013, 15:25

@ R3cl41m3r - I think you've got yourself a nice kick, but maybe you can overdrive the kick a bit more. But it already sounds good!

I've made my first hardcore kick yesterday, just for the lulz, i haven't edited it at all, this just comes straight of of the vst. ^^
Btw, please don't mind the screech, it's only a fill up.. xD
Cardioid (30)
State Native

Postby Dj Reaper » 05 May 2013, 22:22

Be aware that something is worng with my ears right now, I seem to not really hear well at the moment and the sound is very filtered to me (maybe because I had a terrible cold some days ago) so don´t take my feedback to serious, I shouldn´t be commenting right now.

@ R3cl41m3r: Not really my style, reminds me a bit of Hardtechno too, but otherwise nothing to complain, as far as I can judge about kicks I am not really into.

@Cardioid: wow, very good for a first kick (well you might have HS-experience :p ). The punch could be a bit harder tough and the distortion somehow a llttle bit compacter, it all sounds a little bit "wet" IMO but still very good and very nice filter-FX (L)

Here is mine I made about 1 week ago, sorry for eventual bad mixdown, as said don´t hear well at the moment, but somehow just felt like correcting it and posting it now, I know I shouldn´t produce now, but I did it anyway :+

Dj Reaper
State Native

Postby NEKA » 05 Jul 2013, 03:06

@DjReaper, distortion is quite good, I like the way it has that high crispiness that Angerfist's new kicks have. But it's really weak from the tail, and also it lacks some serious power. Punch and especially need some low freqs to give them that POW!

I learned that if I get my kicks right, my tracks get right :p this is probably v.3, edit 2. and I'm not sure if I'm still satisfied.
NEKA (24)
Producer

Postby Dj Reaper » 05 Jul 2013, 11:35

@Neksarof: Thanks for your feedback, finally someone who posts into this topic ;)
About your kick, I can't give you detailled feedback now as I am in vacation on a computer which is 6-7 years old and has a fucked up soundcard.

From what I can hear in this conditions is that it has quite a nice distortion, but the punch could be a bit cleaner. Is not really my style of kick (I am more of a maistream guy xD) but I think I like it. Though watch out for this topic, in about a week I am at home and than I will listen to your kick again and give you more detailed feedback (about body, bass and so on) and upload a new one of mine (would be nice if you could give your feedback on it) :)
Dj Reaper
State Native

Postby R3cl41m3r » 09 Jul 2013, 12:50

@Dj Reaper: Nice kick! Even though it's not my style, it's still nice.
@Nekasrof: Great kick, as usual!

My newest kick:
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (23)
State Celebrity

Postby M Unic » 12 Jul 2013, 16:44

@r3cl41m3r Sounds awesome man! makes me move on my chair :fist:

Here's my first snippet created with my newly build pc! :D
Download file
the lead sound is ultra cheap but its all about the kick i'm pretty pleased with the result so far!
in succession from the past to the present.. and on to the future!
M Unic (26)
State Citizen

Postby Dj Reaper » 13 Jul 2013, 14:09

@Neksarof: as said, here is my feedback: Not really my style of kick, sounds a bit too "destroyed" and crackeling to me. But anyway nice subbass, the punch has a cool tone (but maybe a bit shorter would be nice) and the distortion is a bit matter of taste, but anyway good work, just not so my style. And nice filter effects btw ;)

@R3cl41m3r: like that kick. Would be also cool idea to make a frenchcore kick out of it if you like frenchcore. Anyway th tail could need some more sub and high crackle to sound more prominent, otherwise good job :)

@M Unic: needs more high frequencies and a harder punch! Bu7t I like the way how it goes from the ounch into the tail, quite my style ;)

The kick I talked about a week ago:

https://soundcloud.com/djreaper-2/hardcore-kick (sry soundcloud doesn´t let me embed :\ )

I am quite happy with the result. Hope I will get some feedback on it soon from you guys :)
Dj Reaper
State Native

Postby M Unic » 14 Jul 2013, 12:48

Dj Reaper:@M Unic: needs more high frequencies and a harder punch! Bu7t I like the way how it goes from the ounch into the tail, quite my style ;)

The kick I talked about a week ago:

https://soundcloud.com/djreaper-2/hardcore-kick (sry soundcloud doesn´t let me embed :\ )

I am quite happy with the result. Hope I will get some feedback on it soon from you guys :)

your kick sounds good so far! keep it up!

And thanks for the suggestion ! Back to the drawingboard!
in succession from the past to the present.. and on to the future!
M Unic (26)
State Citizen

Postby Aftershoq » 14 Jul 2013, 19:49

Reaper: Your kick is pretty thin and hollow. I miss some middistortion and overal clarity. ;) It's a good start.
M unic: Same as said above but your is even more hollow. Sounds like you recorded this in the bathroom. Work on the clarity of your kicks and don't kill al freqs.
r3cl41m3r: Good sound, but not really my style tbh. ;)
Nekasrof: Nice barking kick, only thing i'm missing is a little bit drive in the kick itself. Otherwise great sound!

Made a new kick myself.
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (28)
State Native

Postby Dionysus » 15 Jul 2013, 00:00

@AftershoQ pretty nice kick you got there.

@M unic you need to add a punch to get it more banging :dance:

Hardcore part starts right after 2:30, made it yesterday in about 20 minutes, still improving it.
Dionysus
State Tourist

Postby Dj Reaper » 25 Jul 2013, 15:10

@Dionysus: Like your kick and the track. Would be perfect example to show somebody who asks the difference between Hardstyle and Hardcore. Only thing, it could be a bit more crispy in the high frequencies and the punch could be a little bit shorter, but that´s more of a matter of taste.

I finished the track which I made the kick I posted some time ago for. I tried to make it a bit fuller, but I didn´t want to add too much middistortion to not create too intrerfering frequencies and keep the lead clean and the kick still thumping. Tell me please what you think ybout the kick now and maybe how it fits into the track:

Dj Reaper
State Native

Postby R3cl41m3r » 26 Jul 2013, 03:53

Epic track & kick!
Well done! :)
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Aftershoq » 29 Jul 2013, 19:15

@ Dj Reaper: Overall track isn't bad, although you miss some good mixing and fatness. :)

Made a new kick myself. Started this project yesterday so lot's to be done. ;)
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (28)
State Native

Postby Dj Reaper » 29 Jul 2013, 23:20

Thank you both for the feedback! :)

@AftershoQ.Music: sorry if this is offtopic now but I also realized what you say when I compared my track to professional tracks I like, mine somehow sounds like right, clean, nice sounddesign but so thin like plastic, as you said not fat. Do you perhaps have an idea or some tips on what I could do and how I could mix to come nearer towards that big sound I want?
About your kick: I really like that punch and it is also nice bassy, however the tail sounds a bit muddy to me, but that my just be my taste. Otherwise nice kick. Not perfect yet but you said you just started it so I am sure it will turn out well :)
Dj Reaper
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles