Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Hardcore Kick Topic (Give feedback before posting yours)

Sound design and production in general

Postby Cyberwaste » 07 Feb 2014, 07:45

subbass should not be heard.
subbass need to feel.
sorry for the google translator
Cyberwaste
Producer

Postby Hypersurge » 07 Feb 2014, 11:32

How is my kick? -
Hypersurge
State Tourist

Postby Dj Reaper » 07 Feb 2014, 12:17

yes but in order to feel subbass one needs to make a kick with it. we know that it's theb
50hz range which gives you the boom in the clubs, but when I add too much of it, or better said enough than I don't have space left for the feequencies that give it the long roaring tone..

@Hypersurge: same rules as in the hs kick topic.
Dj Reaper
State Native

Postby R3cl41m3r » 07 Feb 2014, 15:46

Hypersurge:How is my kick? -

If you had taken better care of the high frequencies, I'd say that sounds sort of promising.

Also, would you mind telling us what headphones/speakers/monitors/etc you're using to produce with? No offense, but there's a possibility that your work might be suffering partially due to inferior listening gear.
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (23)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Postby Cyberwaste » 12 Feb 2014, 22:24

R3cl41m3r:

If you had taken better care of the high frequencies, I'd say that sounds sort of promising.

Also, would you mind telling us what headphones/speakers/monitors/etc you're using to produce with? No offense, but there's a possibility that your work might be suffering partially due to inferior listening gear.

need a punch :listen:
Cyberwaste
Producer

Postby Cyberwaste » 24 Feb 2014, 23:22

dj-e-asylum:D-Rian : your attack on your kick is very clean but unfortunately it's too hardstyle, not hardcore, trying to meter the resonance around 450 Hz to be above you sorry for my bad English

this my new Kick and New Track

very nice treck
Cyberwaste
Producer

Postby Addix » 06 May 2014, 13:40

Try to add a nice punch in it, your kick will sound much better with a nice tok :)!

Here is a kick of mine:)

Addix (22)
State Outsider

Postby Jose » 10 Nov 2014, 20:54

Addix:

Try to add a nice punch in it, your kick will sound much better with a nice tok :)!

Here is a kick of mine:)

Wow your kick sounds really good :listen:

This is my attempt at a hardcore kick
Jose (21)
State Newcomer

Postby Phazon » 07 Dec 2014, 06:01

Jose: Nice kick dude, could use a bit of movement in the tail. Try using an automated bandpass filter hitting around the frequencies you're pushing for the tok, then sweep it down to like 200-300hz. The punch is great though, don't touch it.

Addix: Could use a bit more work. The tok doesn't hit hard enough. The bass is nice and prominent, though.

Hypersurge: Sounds like it lacks a tok completely. Try creating a tok and blending that kick after it as the tail of the kick.
Phazon
State Newcomer

Postby Sanchuk » 09 Dec 2014, 20:03

Phazon: Really nice sound, i would suggest just to add more bass on the punch to give like a boost to the kick, and more power.
Jose: Have a great kick, like Phazon said, dont touch the punch but work a bit on the tail.

This one is mine, check it out =)
Sanchuk
State Citizen

Postby typhonmusic » 31 Dec 2014, 23:09

@ jose, like everyone else said, the tail needs work, but the punch is great.
@ Phazon, that's a really nice kick :) I don't see why you would pitch it though.
@ Sanchuk, the second half of the clip sounds really messy, and the FX kicks should be a little louder, but it's a solid kick.
Here's my attempt at crossbreed:
typhonmusic
State Native

Postby SoyDanielReyes » 17 Feb 2015, 10:19

typhonmusic:@ jose, like everyone else said, the tail needs work, but the punch is great.
@ Phazon, that's a really nice kick :) I don't see why you would pitch it though.
@ Sanchuk, the second half of the clip sounds really messy, and the FX kicks should be a little louder, but it's a solid kick.
Here's my attempt at crossbreed:

Amazing kick! really felt it! just i think the tail is a little too much distorted and a little short, but it is really great, in my humble opinion :)

i would like you to check this kick i've been working around, is still very early but i would like you to listen it.

Just the kick.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/wvw6q2cq/file.html

The kick with some melody.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/9F5aWNI1/file.html

i would like you to write either positive or negative feedback, thanks in advance :)
SoyDanielReyes
State Newcomer

Postby Aftershoq » 13 Apr 2016, 12:29

Wow this topic is so dead... Do u even Hardcore, bro?
So yeah, the above file is already expired so i'm not going to be able to give some feedback.

Anyways, after a year of no producing i tried making a new kickdrum.
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (28)
State Native

Postby djspeed87 » 13 Apr 2016, 12:52

@ aftershoq - man perfect kick _O_

my last kick
djspeed87
State Citizen

Postby Aftershoq » 24 Apr 2016, 20:45

Thanks bro!

Your kick, it's a very good start. I would go further with distortion/filter/eq to create a more unique character. :)
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (28)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles