Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Your favourite year in the history of Hardstyle

Postby Piro » 11 Dec 2010, 15:17

ceero:
icey:
MarlboroMan:I think you defo can see the splitting starting slowly in the last half year.

I agree, but some tracks considered hard or 'raw' are sometimes not imo but it's a start :D

I want hard, not raw. This raw thingie is deffo cool, but not exactly what i want. Because we get either dark or agressive tracks, but the kicks are more than often empty as fuck (significant B-Front problem for example). I want proper driving basslines

the problem is that nowadays hardstyle is based on that type of kicks. it's hard to accept but that's it.
its one of the things that probably splitted/changed the genre in the past years that brought hardstyle to nowadays sucksess.. :) wheter you like it or not..
Have you ever looked at yourself in the eyes of the one you have not become?
Piro (27)
State Celebrity

Postby theekop » 11 Dec 2010, 16:49

M0rten K:2006 :D

Zanza Labs - Control The Mind
Zany & Tatanka - Front 2 Back
The Hose - Magma
Machinehead - Headwave
Southstylers - Decibel Anthem
Tatanka Project - Tripods Attack
Jones & B-Front - Lunatick (Raw Mix)
and i could go on and on _O_ _O_ _O_ _O_

And hopefully 2011, as already has been mentioned before, producers are getting experimental and dark stuff is rising.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllNewMousic ----> Fresh house music mixes!
theekop (24)
State Native

Postby ceero » 11 Dec 2010, 16:50

Dark but empty :(

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby icey » 12 Dec 2010, 12:32

Thats what pisses me off with the Fusion-sound! Big fat-heavy-prtend-to-be-hard-kicks! :yawn:
(i don't really listen to fusion anymore...)
icey (30)
State Hero

Postby theekop » 12 Dec 2010, 12:43

ceero:Dark but empty :(

Well, I like those dong kicks, I think they fit the dark theme perfectly :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllNewMousic ----> Fresh house music mixes!
theekop (24)
State Native

Postby lamtak » 14 Dec 2010, 15:12

2003 (L)
lamtak (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Fusion_Iain » 17 Dec 2010, 05:30

anything from 03 to 07..... i used to love sets from pila luna and gizmo back in 03/04......when it was kinda evolving into screamer hardstyle......good times
Fusion_Iain (33)
State Citizen

Postby volume » 17 Dec 2010, 08:12

I started listening in 2007 as a "casual" listener where I'd just listen to mixes without really following track names/artists etc, but got into proper in 2008, so for me pretty much 2007-2008

showtek's album, one blade, black anthem 2008, qlimax anthem 2008, zany's album(specifically: solar, overcome & metro), pleasure

2008 was great because you actually had different stuff like (to use from examples above) metro vs pleasure, not just one mess of nustyle toks with some of it being "slightly" darker

it's a shame hardstyle has become so soft, but it's still better than anything else out there at the moment
volume
State Senior Citizen

Postby Geck-o » 18 Dec 2010, 15:33

2003 had most of my favorite tracks
2004 was awesome too, and my first year of getting deeper into hardstyle
2006 had the most powerful hardstyle

And for the direction I want hardstyle to go in: I want it to go in ALL directions, I want maximum diversity!

I want it very happy, I want it dark, I want it in between, I want combinations of both.
I want it underground, I want it pop, I want it in between, I want combinations of both.
etc etc!
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby BennyBS » 18 Dec 2010, 18:05

Geck-o:2003 had most of my favorite tracks

And for the direction I want hardstyle to go in: I want it to go in ALL directions, I want maximum diversity!

I want it very happy, I want it dark, I want it in between, I want combinations of both.
I want it underground, I want it pop, I want it in between, I want combinations of both.
etc etc!

_O_ _O_ _O_ _O_
Looking for old Theracords Radio Show Sets (#16 / 17 !!!)
If you have some, please pm me
BennyBS
State Citizen

Postby icey » 18 Dec 2010, 21:51

Geck-o:2003 had most of my favorite tracks

etc etc!

Makes me sad when I see producer's like yourself saying things like that...

'I want it very happy' :? 'I want it pop' :?

Yes you like diverse-hardstyle but it should not be happy or 'pop' lol! You know that you are one of THE best in the scene to make real Hardstyle so you should just stick to that and make your real Hardstyle fans happy.
icey (30)
State Hero

Postby TheDiscoFan » 18 Dec 2010, 21:56

Gosh, where's the problem with liking pop influences or happy tracks? Do you think Geck-O will exclusivly release Lady Gaga remixes in 2011?
TheDiscoFan (25)
State Celebrity

Postby icey » 18 Dec 2010, 22:10

TheDiscoFan:Gosh, where's the problem with liking pop influences or happy tracks? Do you think Geck-O will exclusivly release Lady Gaga remixes in 2011?

No but I like Geck-o to produce stuff like 'smasher' or his rmx of 'a little touch'. I've even commented on his new track 'the word is out' saying why the fuck more producers don't make hardstyle like he does this way! Hard & the way it should sound! I don't hear any 'happy' or 'pop' influences there do you??
icey (30)
State Hero

Postby Geck-o » 19 Dec 2010, 00:36

icey:
TheDiscoFan:Gosh, where's the problem with liking pop influences or happy tracks? Do you think Geck-O will exclusivly release Lady Gaga remixes in 2011?

No but I like Geck-o to produce stuff like 'smasher' or his rmx of 'a little touch'. I've even commented on his new track 'the word is out' saying why the fuck more producers don't make hardstyle like he does this way! Hard & the way it should sound! I don't hear any 'happy' or 'pop' influences there do you??

And that is why I make harder/darker tracks like you mentioned AND tracks with some pop influences/happy melodies.
I just do it all, if I do one it doesnt exclude the other at all ;)

Glad you like my stuff man :)
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles