Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Your favourite year in the history of Hardstyle

Postby PNXRMX » 07 Dec 2010, 22:18

Give me 2010 any day :) I'd miss the first cut though :(
PNXRMX
State Celebrity

Postby Sindo » 08 Dec 2010, 14:25

2003 (though I was doubting between this and 2002 for a while)
So many awesome releases. And an event to go to once or twice each month. With QlubTempo #21 one of my all-time favs. I had so much fun in the straight-on area, crazy that was. Would love to go back there once more (if only that were possible).
The year of the first defqon.
The year of the (well sort of) last real QlubTempo.
And then all the awesome compilations of that year; Harder Mach, Bitte Ein Beat (BEB 6 _O_), Scantraxx album and all the event cd's (defqon, sensation, decibel, qlimax).
Just so much awesomeness came from that year
Sindo
State Citizen

Postby Freddy » 08 Dec 2010, 14:33

Just make a poll and let choose at least two options :)
Freddy
State Hero

Postby Piro » 08 Dec 2010, 14:55

2006 was indeed the best year of hardstyle.. when the point of perfection has been reached (H) brennan you were late with your track :+
Anyway, I have high hopes for the future, I think hardstyle in some years is going to split in soft and hard.. and the hard way could turn out interesting, I mean something like 2006 style with nowadyas technology and innovation in the quality of sound.. that may be a dream... I really hope so :D
Have you ever looked at yourself in the eyes of the one you have not become?
Piro (28)
State Celebrity

Postby Roby31 » 08 Dec 2010, 15:33

2002/2003 or 2006 maybe...I really liked the music of those years.
Crysonic wrote: The guys who make small modifications intended to improve systems
Roby31 (29)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Zonic » 08 Dec 2010, 16:31

Hard to choose one year, so I have to say 2003 - 2004 and 2006 - 2007 :)
Zonic (29)
State Hero

Postby D-Mind » 08 Dec 2010, 16:41

The Story Unfolds/Evolutionz/Church Of The Darkside/Perfect It (Frontliner Remix) etc _O_
D-Mind (27)
Producer

Postby Crysonic » 08 Dec 2010, 17:07

2002, about half of my top 25 tracks were from then, awesome year for saifam too.
2004 and 2006 are close behind, but pretty much every year has had its share of epic tracks.
"The forces of the universe bend to me. We fight as one!"
Crysonic (25)
State Native

Postby Subject Zero » 08 Dec 2010, 17:11

Im going to be different and just say 2002 until now. I dont have a favourite year, i cant choose because every year since then there has been great releases, but also some disappointing releases. I discovered hardstyle in 2006 but i was listening to older tracks from a few years before, but then nu-style became bigger and i liked a lot of those tracks released too.

If i had to choose any particular years i would probably say 2006 because thats when i discovered hardstyle (listened to trance before it)
Subject Zero (26)
State Hero

Postby icey » 08 Dec 2010, 18:58

Piro:2006 was indeed the best year of hardstyle.. when the point of perfection has been reached (H) brennan you were late with your track :+
Anyway, I have high hopes for the future, I think hardstyle in some years is going to split in soft and hard.. and the hard way could turn out interesting, I mean something like 2006 style with nowadyas technology and innovation in the quality of sound.. that may be a dream... I really hope so :D

I hope so to mate. I think it's gona go that way, with the softer & Harder Harderstyle splitting. Wish it would. :D
icey (31)
State Hero

Postby MarlboroMan » 08 Dec 2010, 19:11

icey:
Piro:2006 was indeed the best year of hardstyle.. when the point of perfection has been reached (H) brennan you were late with your track :+

I hope so to mate. I think it's gona go that way, with the softer & Harder Harderstyle splitting. Wish it would. :D

I think you defo can see the splitting starting slowly in the last half year.
MarlboroMan (26)
Global Mod

Postby icey » 08 Dec 2010, 19:13

MarlboroMan:
icey:

I agree, but some tracks considered hard or 'raw' are sometimes not imo but it's a start :D
icey (31)
State Hero

Postby DjPractice » 09 Dec 2010, 10:45

2006 of course - glad to see many people agreeing!!!

2003 next best and then i liked a lot of tracks from 2007 so ill have to say that is my third preference.
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby VanillaFace » 11 Dec 2010, 02:16

For me the best year by far was 2008 for two reasons.
Firstly, it was the first year that I ever actually heard hardstyle and fell in love with it.
Secondly, there were SO many great tracks released in 2008. Second to none in the quality of the music of any other year (L)
VanillaFace (24)
State Native

Postby ceero » 11 Dec 2010, 14:42

icey:
MarlboroMan:
icey:

I agree, but some tracks considered hard or 'raw' are sometimes not imo but it's a start :D

I want hard, not raw. This raw thingie is deffo cool, but not exactly what i want. Because we get either dark or agressive tracks, but the kicks are more than often empty as fuck (significant B-Front problem for example). I want proper driving basslines

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles