Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Thoughts on another sub-genre of hardstyle

Postby bassfaceBAM » 03 Apr 2018, 17:39

Valadia:
Digital Shifter:I will give you my thought.
I HATE it when people put music into small boxes such as, this is euphoric, this is rawphoric, this is raw.
Saying things such as: ''It's too soft to call it hardstyle so euphoric will do''
Please don't do this.
You just sound dumb because you think it's too soft doesn't mean it isn't hardstyle.
Just because it's too raw doesn't mean it's not hardstyle anymore either.
You think you're an expert in music and out of the sudden you put music into boxes?
Like what does it matter??
Do you even enjoy music lately by putting it into boxes?
Does it make your autistic life better out of the sudden or the music?
If a song sound good into my ears, I'm not gonna put it into a box with a label on it.
I enjoy the music like always.
You guys are way too busy with so called 'sub-genres' instead enjoying the harmonic structure of a track and the feel/idea behind it.
It's all about the music and it always has been

First of all, calm your tits.
Second of all, "boxes", genres and subgenres are a great way to find music you really like and avoid music you don't like. Just because you don't like the idea of it, doesn't mean you have to go on some mini rant.

100% with Valadia here. Also there's absolutely no need to call anyone autistic.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 03 Apr 2018, 17:42

Doctor Dave:I personally really like when a new sound comes along that producers are passionate about and can use it to add something valuable to their music. I don't think we need to re-label it, it's all just Hardstyle IMO. Hardstyle to me is an encompassing term, like Techno for example, where you have minimal, hard, acid, etc.

What I don't like is when producers like TNT hear a new trend and make 100 shit tracks in that style because it's the new trend.

Haha yes I get the TNT point BUT out of 100 shit tracks is it not worth while if even just 5% of the tracks made are good? I mean Psylent Hill is pretty good
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 03 Apr 2018, 17:51

Generally a great topic Silly Ak despite one lowering the tone, it's been a interesting discussion. Maybe this needs a topic all in its own but need to ask do you think the extreme raw vs euphoric petty arguments are calming down? I feel it has, there's a better sense of community I think. We have predominantly raw guys supporting the more euphoric side like Digital Punk on the Unleashed podcast and Headhunterz doing the same. It's the way to be.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby RaVaGe » 03 Apr 2018, 18:53

Doctor Dave:What I don't like is when producers like TNT hear a new trend and make 100 shit tracks in that style because it's the new trend.

TNT are the only ones who managed to stay at the top since the beginning, so I think that may be why they use trends so much to define their style, because they accept the fact that a style is constantly changing.
RaVaGe (26)
State Native

Postby Amperial » 03 Apr 2018, 20:59

Valadia:
Digital Shifter:I will give you my thought.
I HATE it when people put music into small boxes such as, this is euphoric, this is rawphoric, this is raw.
Saying things such as: ''It's too soft to call it hardstyle so euphoric will do''
Please don't do this.
You just sound dumb because you think it's too soft doesn't mean it isn't hardstyle.
Just because it's too raw doesn't mean it's not hardstyle anymore either.
You think you're an expert in music and out of the sudden you put music into boxes?
Like what does it matter??
Do you even enjoy music lately by putting it into boxes?
Does it make your autistic life better out of the sudden or the music?
If a song sound good into my ears, I'm not gonna put it into a box with a label on it.
I enjoy the music like always.
You guys are way too busy with so called 'sub-genres' instead enjoying the harmonic structure of a track and the feel/idea behind it.
It's all about the music and it always has been

First of all, calm your tits.
Second of all, "boxes", genres and subgenres are a great way to find music you really like and avoid music you don't like. Just because you don't like the idea of it, doesn't mean you have to go on some mini rant.

on point.

I don't get people who think Endymion & Crystal Mad - How It's Done / Endymion - Rise as Wolves is raw. For me it's also just Hardstyle.

Same goes for Phuture Noize. His music is also just pure Hardstyle and not Rawphoric.
Amperial
State Senior Citizen

Postby The Convicted » 03 Apr 2018, 21:44

The-SillyAk:Instead, I'll give you an example: Crystal Mad - How it's done, the new sound by Endymion - Rise as Wolves or even latley Physika - my power. These tracks capture what I mean.

It's a combination of the raw kick with simpler melodies, rougher leads and more drive.

What does everyone think? Also, what would you label this as? To me, this is pure modern Hardstyle. It's not euphoric and it's not raw.

Raw as any similar ones. If someone brings something fresh to the table never (or very rarely) used before, becomes popular and get the likes of other producers so much that they start to use it as well, I think we can talk about a new subgenre.
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby The-SillyAk » 04 Apr 2018, 05:51

bassfaceBAM:Generally a great topic Silly Ak despite one lowering the tone, it's been a interesting discussion. Maybe this needs a topic all in its own but need to ask do you think the extreme raw vs euphoric petty arguments are calming down? I feel it has, there's a better sense of community I think. We have predominantly raw guys supporting the more euphoric side like Digital Punk on the Unleashed podcast and Headhunterz doing the same. It's the way to be.

Thanks buddy :)

It's hard to say! But for a few reasons: Because in Aus. (where I am from) Raw isn't as big as say the NL. Also, I think people have just learnt to live with it, there are many good artists in each sub-genre and now there are many cross over collaborations like Deetox and Sound Rush as an example. Lastly, like my OP, there are artists that fulfill both such as Phuture Noize, Myst (although they kind of border more on the raw side), perhaps even Atmozfears or Devin Wild, a bit of sephyx.

When you have mutual respect, it works well!
Can't go past those Alan Watts samples.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby The-SillyAk » 04 Apr 2018, 05:52

The Convicted:
The-SillyAk:Instead, I'll give you an example: Crystal Mad - How it's done, the new sound by Endymion - Rise as Wolves or even latley Physika - my power. These tracks capture what I mean.

It's a combination of the raw kick with simpler melodies, rougher leads and more drive.

What does everyone think? Also, what would you label this as? To me, this is pure modern Hardstyle. It's not euphoric and it's not raw.

Raw as any similar ones. If someone brings something fresh to the table never (or very rarely) used before, becomes popular and get the likes of other producers so much that they start to use it as well, I think we can talk about a new subgenre.

The "Devin Wild" kick that has now become popularised and is driving a new sub-genre of euphoric hardstyle, that mixes in with raw elements?
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby Doctor Dave » 04 Apr 2018, 10:02

RaVaGe:
Doctor Dave:What I don't like is when producers like TNT hear a new trend and make 100 shit tracks in that style because it's the new trend.

TNT are the only ones who managed to stay at the top since the beginning, so I think that may be why they use trends so much to define their style, because they accept the fact that a style is constantly changing.

That's exactly my point though, they don't have a style of their own any more, now the scene dictates their sound.

But of course even within these parameters they have still ade some great tracks :) And they are not the only ones, just the highest profile I could remember.

But this is gettng off-topic now, sorry ;)
Doctor Dave (30)
Producer

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 09 Apr 2018, 09:30

TNT don't jump on hypes, they make it. They were the first to make a Psystyle track in the scene and it's kinda blurry to me about the Hard Drop origin but they definitely made this genre.
you ain't shit, i get lit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby bAsher » 09 Apr 2018, 09:46

Rooler made Psy influenced tracks before them
bAsher (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Digital Shifter » 09 Apr 2018, 13:05

I personally need to apologies to everyone who've read my previous post in this topic. I had a really bad week and this will never happen again. Second of all I take back everything I said and whatever you guys do, that's your choice. We all are putting things unintentionally in boxes so...

I'm sorry guys :O
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 09 Apr 2018, 15:37

bAsher:Rooler made Psy influenced tracks before them

This, and Dr Rude & Crystal Lake made Hard Drop tracks before TNT too.
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby The-SillyAk » 10 Apr 2018, 13:00

Digital Shifter:I personally need to apologies to everyone who've read my previous post in this topic. I had a really bad week and this will never happen again. Second of all I take back everything I said and whatever you guys do, that's your choice. We all are putting things unintentionally in boxes so...

I appreciate the apology.
That's okay!

Sometimes boxing things is easier on the brain because it leads to organisation and allows you to easily see and breakdown things.
It also helps to realise what kind of hardstyle makes you tick and what artists to follow more closely and then find new artists around that.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby Valadia » 10 Apr 2018, 13:22

Digital Shifter:I personally need to apologies to everyone who've read my previous post in this topic. I had a really bad week and this will never happen again. Second of all I take back everything I said and whatever you guys do, that's your choice. We all are putting things unintentionally in boxes so...

And that's how to properly apoligize. Appreciate your post, mate.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles