Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Tell us about yours hardstyle national community.

Postby Lus » 12 Oct 2017, 23:25

I'm in a private hs group on facebook, only with people who are producers or listeners like me. And one said "we italians are the worst community, we can't handle a discussion without saying "this sucks" "the 2011 era was the best" and we are stucked in the past".

So the hardstyle community in an international environment, like here is more polite (95% of the time), but what about in a national scene?
HardBass 2012
Q-Base 2012,2013,2014
Reverze 2013
Qlimax 2013
DefQon1 NL 2014,2015, 2017
X-Qlusive Legends 2014
X-Qlusive Frontliner 2015
Emporium 2016
FreaQshow 2016
Lus (29)
State Celebrity

Postby Faber93 » 12 Oct 2017, 23:51

Lus:I'm in a private hs group on facebook, only with people who are producers or listeners like me. And one said "we italians are the worst community, we can't handle a discussion without saying "this sucks" "the 2011 era was the best" and we are stucked in the past".

Completely agree! There was a period years ago, when I was used to listen to hardstyle, that I was part of those who tend to criticize everything, but we all grow up, and I assumed other people does it too, stopping with this behaviour, but I was wrong.
I see that nothing changes from those years by your statement
Faber93 (24)
State Native

Postby Vicious » 13 Oct 2017, 10:29

Lus:"the 2011 era was the best"

Opinion disregarded
Vicious
State Hero

Postby Doctor Dave » 13 Oct 2017, 11:59

There is no Hardstyle community in the Highands of Scotland so ours is probably the worst :+
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Trantix » 13 Oct 2017, 14:57

Doctor Dave:There is no Hardstyle community in the Highands of Scotland so ours is probably the worst :+

Where I live in America, if I say anything about electronic music in general to people, they'll tell me it's not music, real music is country or rock. And the people who do like electronic music, they say hardstyle isn't music, and that real music is trap, dubstep, or big room house.
Trantix (20)
State Tourist

Postby bassfaceBAM » 23 Oct 2017, 11:56

Doctor Dave:There is no Hardstyle community in the Highands of Scotland so ours is probably the worst :+

Hasn't Inverness booked quite a bit over the years?
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby ceero » 23 Oct 2017, 12:06

We do have a few cool producers like Thoqy and Hatom but thats it, the scene is pretty much nonexistent here. Several years ago i tried a lot to help this scene, i managed to write a few pages in every issue of a slovakian dance music magazine, organizing a local community etc but it was pointless.
A lot people here do like hardstyle actually, i personally know a lot of the most random people who like it. What we need is a promoter with balls who would book some big name, i personally think it could be a success, but so far there are none.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Doctor Dave » 26 Oct 2017, 13:07

bassfaceBAM:

Hasn't Inverness booked quite a bit over the years?

10-15 years ago we'd have Mauro Picotto, Anne Savage and things like that. We had Thera & Geck-o a few years back, we used to have a club called Cake that booked harder stuff (including me) but since they shut down it's mainly pop and 80s around here
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby VOL-E » 26 Oct 2017, 13:34

Estonia I believe wants to be 2nd Netherlands for hardstyle, really a lot parties each weekend! :+ And whats funny is that even in some small towns artist like Devin Wild are booked. Small towns I mean like I dunno maybe 10-15k people live there :+ maybe more, but still the place is quite packed
I felt it... I heard it...
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby natenczas » 26 Oct 2017, 15:49

VOL-E:Estonia I believe wants to be 2nd Netherlands for hardstyle, really a lot parties each weekend! :+ And whats funny is that even in some small towns artist like Devin Wild are booked. Small towns I mean like I dunno maybe 10-15k people live there :+ maybe more, but still the place is quite packed

I like it. I've been to Estonia twice. Once someone asked me what kind of music I listen. I said '100% you don't know anything about Hardstyle. I was well surpriced when i started to talk with a stranger about HS in small town on on east of Estonia. How great was that. !

I South West England where I live now is shit. Noone knows anything about hardstyle. None of my couleagues at work or mates at school knows what hardstyle is. No hardstyle events are organised. Couple of times I went to Plymouth to see Isaac i.e, MKN, and some local DJs but in a night club there was maybe 100 people, maybe less. Mostly from Wales. Interestingly, the more north, the more people listen hardstyle. There was a great event couple weeks ago in Leeds with Phuture Noize, Regain, Deadly Gunz and many more. There is Kiddstock festival as well, where some big names appearing each year. But apart of that, shit. Went for hardcore resurrection event and I was well dissapioted as there was no hardcore at all. People here call hardcore for happyhardcore, hardbass shitty donks, or some fuck-knows-what rave-ish hardhouse (?) can't fucking get why.
Wales tho, where I lived is amazing, not much events but so many dedicated people whom I had a pleasure to partying together on Defqon, or other big events, obviously, abroad.

Decibel '12 '13 '15 '16 '17 Qlimax '08 '11 '13 '16 '17
Defqon.1 NL '10 '12 '13 '15 '16 '17 Reverze '13 '17 '18 Q-Base '12 '15 '17 Qontinent '12 '17 Hard Bass '18
natenczas (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Valadia » 28 Oct 2017, 18:41

Dutch community just says that everything you like sucks. Hhz is a faggot who only returned to hardstyle for dj mag votes, gearbox is Lucifer himself and B-Front is way too soft. Ah yeah, and everything that isn’t raw sucks.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
State Celebrity

Postby Gohan » 28 Oct 2017, 19:02

The danish community managed to be so negative that it imploded on itself.... Which was quite an accomplishment to be honest. It lives quite well now I would say, but mostly by people who share the passion and meet each other at parties etc.....
Gohan
State Senior Citizen

Postby Shadder » 30 Oct 2017, 14:57

The genre is growing in France even tho 99% of the population never heard of it lol.

Sadly, those who listen to this are often real douchebags, but I think it's more about being french than listening to hardstyle. :+
Shadder
State Senior Citizen

Postby Segugio » 07 Nov 2017, 03:23

Shadder:The genre is growing in France even tho 99% of the population never heard of it lol.

Sadly, those who listen to this are often real douchebags, but I think it's more about being french than listening to hardstyle. :+

I was near this French group during the Saturday Endshow at Defqon.1. One guy in the group was the most dedicated hardstyle fan I have ever seen.
Segugio (33)
State Tourist

Postby Shadder » 07 Nov 2017, 19:23

Segugio:
Shadder:The genre is growing in France even tho 99% of the population never heard of it lol.

I was near this French group during the Saturday Endshow at Defqon.1. One guy in the group was the most dedicated hardstyle fan I have ever seen.

You can be a douchebag and still dedicated to Hardstyle :+

And of course I'm not saying it's everyone, just a general feeling.

But to prove my point, go to a french festival, compared to a dutch festival... :)
Last edited by Shadder on 07 Nov 2017, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Shadder
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles