Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Sensation Black... what happened?

Postby GlasgowRangers » 15 Feb 2013, 22:50

Isit gone for good? I heard they're just 'Sensation' now which is basically 'Sensation White' renamed. I'm gutted because I remember watchin the Black dvd's and it looked amazing when I wasn't old enough to go to it and now I want to lol :(
GlasgowRangers
State Citizen

Postby Shadow Interaction » 15 Feb 2013, 22:53

from what i've heard... ID&T cast off sensation black because they didn't like where hardstyle was going.... in the meantime they focussed on opening sensation white in many countries, for some reason (i don't know which organisator, maybe ID&T aswell?) sensation black continued, but only as "Black", which is now once a year in holland and belgium
Shadow Interaction (31)
Producer

Postby Desertoz » 15 Feb 2013, 23:04

This is soo racist...
Desertoz (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Neutronic » 15 Feb 2013, 23:13

I mean BLACK is the spiritual succescor to sensation black but I dunno if its here this year? i went last year, it was cool :)
Neutronic (23)
State Hero

Postby Reverse Ghost » 15 Feb 2013, 23:28

Shadow Interaction:from what i've heard... ID&T cast off sensation black because they didn't like where hardstyle was going.... in the meantime they focussed on opening sensation white in many countries, for some reason (i don't know which organisator, maybe ID&T aswell?) sensation black continued, but only as "Black", which is now once a year in holland and belgium

I never hear of it in Holland, only in Belgium.
Also, ID&T not liking where Hardstyle is going? :rofl: Coming from the company that changed an All-Trance event to All-House
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby DjVero » 15 Feb 2013, 23:34

That's not true anyway. ID&T wanted to focus on White only, because of various reasons, one being that they thought the reputation surrounding Black was bad for their company image. The only truth about Shadow's story is that they indeed wanted to go global, but Black just didn't fit in their ideals. That has nothing to do with them not liking the way hardstyle was going. Besides, Black is not even being held in The Netherlands, only in Belgium

Afaik, they even released a press message about this several years ago
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Shadow Interaction » 15 Feb 2013, 23:55

DjVero:That's not true anyway. ID&T wanted to focus on White only, because of various reasons, one being that they thought the reputation surrounding Black was bad for their company image. The only truth about Shadow's story is that they indeed wanted to go global, but Black just didn't fit in their ideals. That has nothing to do with them not liking the way hardstyle was going. Besides, Black is not even being held in The Netherlands, only in Belgium

this is what i meant

guess the story kind of corrosed with time... vero is right! :) and yes, black is not in holland anymore, but sensation black was!
Shadow Interaction (31)
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 16 Feb 2013, 00:07

The last and only edition of BLACK in Holland was in '08. You can find the sets floating around (I have every single one besides TBY's) and are worth a listen if you're into Hardstyle from 2008, one of my personal favorite ages of Hardstyle :)
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby StephanKetz » 16 Feb 2013, 01:59

Shadow Interaction:
DjVero:That's not true anyway. ID&T wanted to focus on White only, because of various reasons, one being that they thought the reputation surrounding Black was bad for their company image. The only truth about Shadow's story is that they indeed wanted to go global, but Black just didn't fit in their ideals. That has nothing to do with them not liking the way hardstyle was going. Besides, Black is not even being held in The Netherlands, only in Belgium

this is what i meant

guess the story kind of corrosed with time... vero is right! :) and yes, black is not in holland anymore, but sensation black was!

BLACK was also in Holland as said before, but I somehow doubt it will return at all. The Belgian edition should have been announced by now!
StephanKetz (36)
State Tourist

Postby aXXis » 16 Feb 2013, 03:14

ID&T = Q-dance & b2s = Hardstyle.

They know what they are doing.
aXXis (31)
State Celebrity

Postby aXXis » 16 Feb 2013, 03:14

StephanKetz:
Shadow Interaction:

this is what i meant

BLACK was also in Holland as said before, but I somehow doubt it will return at all. The Belgian edition should have been announced by now!

Qapital will become the new Black. For the darker side of hardstyle.
aXXis (31)
State Celebrity

Postby StephanKetz » 16 Feb 2013, 04:30

aXXis:
StephanKetz:
Shadow Interaction:this is what i meant

Qapital will become the new Black. For the darker side of hardstyle.

Could be, but Qapital has no hardcore and it's not in Belgium. :p
StephanKetz (36)
State Tourist

Postby twyce » 16 Feb 2013, 11:24

ID&T just doesn't want the harder styles to be connected to their brand anymore. they ditched black for that reason and they also ditched thunderdome for that reason. q-dance and b2s are now there to focus on harder styles.

i've been to the last edition of black in nl and it was the most amazing party i've seen there so far <3
twyce (31)
State Celebrity

Postby Chicomaster » 17 Feb 2013, 16:20

I'm always really angry about ID&T about this: which styles made them known? ID&T was always and mostly linked to Thunderdome (Hardcore), Sensation White (Trance) and of course Sensation Black (Hardstyle) and look what they did to all those parties (6) (6)

Thunderdome stopped and the last ones were organized by q-dance (if i'm right) :'(

Sensation Black were replaced by Black (from 2008 to 2012), were also organised by q-dance (the ones in Belgium if i'm also right) and are now finished as i've heard from a good source of me... :'(

Sensation White were awesomely good Trance parties and are now shitty boring commercial house parties like you can see and have everywhere in the world... :(

That explain clearly how bad are ID&T by now and since years, i remember their gold ages and their famous parties and secretly, i sometimes hope q-dance will take the organisation of those legendary parties, at least from the Black and Thunderdome :fist:

And leave ID&T in their boring cash shit :O
Image Make RAW, not WAR!
Chicomaster (34)
State Senior Citizen

Postby ceero » 17 Feb 2013, 16:42

Chicomaster:I'm always really angry about ID&T about this: which styles made them known? ID&T was always and mostly linked to Thunderdome (Hardcore), Sensation White (Trance) and of course Sensation Black (Hardstyle) and look what they did to all those parties (6) (6)

Thunderdome stopped and the last ones were organized by q-dance (if i'm right) :'(

Sensation Black were replaced by Black (from 2008 to 2012), were also organised by q-dance (the ones in Belgium if i'm also right) and are now finished as i've heard from a good source of me... :'(

Sensation White were awesomely good Trance parties and are now shitty boring commercial house parties like you can see and have everywhere in the world... :(

That explain clearly how bad are ID&T by now and since years, i remember their gold ages and their famous parties and secretly, i sometimes hope q-dance will take the organisation of those legendary parties, at least from the Black and Thunderdome :fist:

And leave ID&T in their boring cash shit :O

Kinda agree with that, Sensation pretty much got me into hardstyle, one of the very old DVDs to be correct. It has always been my dream to visit that party but honestly now i would consider going there even if i had a free tickets, because listening whole night to Afrojack kinda crap wouldn't be good for my health.
I somehow understand it though, look where they got that event - worldwide well recognized brand touring all over the world.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles