Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Sensation Black... what happened?

Postby RossMcleod » 17 Feb 2013, 16:50

Chicomaster:I'm always really angry about ID&T about this: which styles made them known? ID&T was always and mostly linked to Thunderdome (Hardcore), Sensation White (Trance) and of course Sensation Black (Hardstyle) and look what they did to all those parties (6) (6)

Thunderdome stopped and the last ones were organized by q-dance (if i'm right) :'(

Sensation Black were replaced by Black (from 2008 to 2012), were also organised by q-dance (the ones in Belgium if i'm also right) and are now finished as i've heard from a good source of me... :'(

Sensation White were awesomely good Trance parties and are now shitty boring commercial house parties like you can see and have everywhere in the world... :(

That explain clearly how bad are ID&T by now and since years, i remember their gold ages and their famous parties and secretly, i sometimes hope q-dance will take the organisation of those legendary parties, at least from the Black and Thunderdome :fist:

And leave ID&T in their boring cash shit :O

I feel I have to interject here. I don't think that ID&T should stick to those parties and styles just because they helped make them the company they are today, because it partly isn't true. Sure, they were good when they were doing them, but their most loved events are the ones with "shitty boring commercial house", as you put it. Their current parties are what made them so successful today, whereas the ones in the past are what made them successful in the past.

Anyways, last year I was speaking with a guy who works at ID&T, and although I won't say a name or the full conversation, the summary may help some of you change your views about what they are actually trying to achieve with their events. They spend a lot of time and money thinking of ways to bring people together, both with music, production and a number of other factors. His point was that their main focus isn't making ridiculous sums of money, it's organising events that "bring people together".

I'm not naive. I understand that they still want and have to make money, but just remember that all of their decisions aren't made by accountants. Companies like ID&T, Q-dance etc. are run by creative people who really love what they do, not just their paychecks. Try and understand that they, as a company, need to blend those different ways of thinking together, while still making hundreds of thousands of people happy. From what I can tell they are pretty damn good at it.
Last edited by RossMcleod on 17 Feb 2013, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
RossMcleod (27)
State Celebrity

Postby twyce » 19 Feb 2013, 21:40

RossMcleod:Their current parties are what made them so successful today, whereas the ones in the past are what made them successful in the past.

wrong. they became famous for mysteryland - which was hardcore back then, for thunderdome - which obviously was also hardcore, sensation white - which was mostly trance and sensation black - which was harder styles.

without those parties they could have never realized the parties they organize nowadays.
twyce (31)
State Celebrity

Postby DjVero » 19 Feb 2013, 22:53

How did Sensation become so worldwide? Because of trance? No, because they made the switch to house/electro.
Same goes for Mysteryland

I agree that those parties and its styles are the foundation of what ID&T are today, but they sky-rocketed to (worldwide) fame because of their current parties nowadays ;)
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby RossMcleod » 20 Feb 2013, 00:24

twyce:
RossMcleod:Their current parties are what made them so successful today, whereas the ones in the past are what made them successful in the past.

wrong. they became famous for mysteryland - which was hardcore back then, for thunderdome - which obviously was also hardcore, sensation white - which was mostly trance and sensation black - which was harder styles.

without those parties they could have never realized the parties they organize nowadays.

No, I'm not wrong. :P I already said that their old parties/styles made them successful, but there is no way in hell they would be as big today if they continued with them in the same fashion.

You're thinking about their success in Central Europe, I'm talking about them being a global phenomenon.
RossMcleod (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Maximumraver » 20 Feb 2013, 00:49

Ross is right, I would've loved it if Sensation (White) was still a Trance party, but it wouldn't have been the same as it was back then anyway, Trance has changed too, so instead, I'm fine with Sensation being what it is now, and I can't blame them at all (even though I went to Sensation and to Black in 2008, and Sensation was probably to musical low point of every party I've ever been to), while I look for a party that still plays the Trance I like :)

And there is no need for a Sensation Black right now, actually the less harder styles ID&T does the better, more room for other organizations who might do a much better job ;)
Maximumraver (30)
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 20 Feb 2013, 22:26

I think it's maybe the sudden shift from Trance to House that made the Trance sound be so much different now than it was before. Right now it's hard to find anymore good artists since they've all phased over to "Trouce," like Ferry Corsten and Tiesto (although Sander van Doorn is fucking perfect for the mix of both genres).
ID&T was very much unknown when I started showing my friends Sensation and Mysteryland videos back on 08/09, but once they brought SHM to the mainstage of Mysteryland in 2009 (look at the crowd then and now, now there's no room to even dance), and began marketing the hell out of Sensation (White), their popularity began to skyrocket, especially in America where Tomorrowland went from the Woodstock of EDM to the Woodstock of House that everyone and their mother wanted to attend.
Last year Sensation was brought to America (Brooklyn NY to be exact) and broadcast on Xbox Live. If that's not an obvious outreach to fans and profit, I don't know what is :p
I'm not against reaching out to fans and trying to get money, but it's strange seeing a company like ID&T change so much. It'd be like of Q-Dance focused more and more on Qult and took off every Hard event except for Qlimax.
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby Neutronic » 21 Feb 2013, 00:19

Reverse Ghost:I think it's maybe the sudden shift from Trance to House that made the Trance sound be so much different now than it was before. Right now it's hard to find anymore good artists since they've all phased over to "Trouce," like Ferry Corsten and Tiesto (although Sander van Doorn is fucking perfect for the mix of both genres).

Wow, wow, wow duuuuude that scene is wicked. Just listen to the entire Anjunabeats family and you'll hear slamming trance :D
Neutronic (23)
State Hero

Postby DjPractice » 21 Feb 2013, 00:22

haha not really slamming trance from Anjuna

If you want slamming trance, look no further than Bryan Kearney and Indecent Noise :)

Also, reverseghost - "It'd be like of Q-Dance focused more and more on Qult and took off every Hard event except for Qlimax."
That might be closer than you think ;)
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby RossMcleod » 21 Feb 2013, 19:32

DjPractice:Also, reverseghost - "It'd be like of Q-Dance focused more and more on Qult and took off every Hard event except for Qlimax."
That might be closer than you think ;)

Haha, no it isn't. :P You're talking about Q-dance moving from a relatively underground genre to focus on even less popular genres. ID&T moved from relatively popular genre to a massively popular genre that was about to become a worldwide phenomenon.

Two massively different situations that don't even come close in comparison. Q-dance have, and will continue to, put a lot of work into Qult, which is great, but they won't drop the harder styles we all know today. At least not for a very long time.
RossMcleod (27)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles